Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by aircool, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Haha, they jelly. This was bound to happen... I mean 50 euros or w/e for priority queues and dlc is pure milking. Not everbody can pay that.

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    the only thing i don't agree with about Premium is the Que priority. its not fair, and i can say this as i bought Premium. other than that if plan to buy all the dlc its a good deal, even if you already have B2K. i got it free so its no big deal, kinda feel for the folks that paid 15.00$ for it though, but u still save 10 bucks... banned for owning premium, gimme a break! so childish...

3. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1080 ti
    Sorry, I must be missing the point. Why are people getting banned for Premium? I am thinking about buying it soon.

4. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    same, i to havnt played for 2 or 3 months. i just cant stand it. just wish it was a real battlefield game rather than battlecod. had to eat humble pie and get back on cod which im glad i did.

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I got an idea. I better wait how this 'banning premium users' turns out and then decide to buy it or not. Dont want to spend $$$ on something i cant really play lol

6. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    so far no issues here.

i think it's some twats on some servers who dont like the fact premium owners can jump the queue to enter game...

7. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    Basically the premium service degrades non premiums users games by making them wait in server queues longer than premium members (one of the perks in premium is pushing non premiums further down server queues). Before the update queues were based on who joined the server 1st, now it's based on who paid for the premium package.

Due to this a lot of non premium server admins have decided to protest it by kicking and/or banning premium members from their servers for queue jumping, they seems to be doing this in an effort to make EA/Dice notice that it isn't actully right to degrade someones game and to then offer what was once standard to everyone as a premium upgrade.

I actully think it's a great way to show EA/Dice that what they are doing is wrong.

8. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    so why are the premium users being punished for something they paid for? it's not like you have a choice...when you join a server you are pushed to the front automatically.

at least i havent seen any option for me to join as does a non-premium user.

so it's EA's fault but I dont see the logic behind blaming people who have spent their money....

just because some people are 2 cheap or cant afford it that's their tough titty.

but i agree it's a bit crap that EA decided to do this. Most premium owners like myself dont need this jump to the front of the queue first business. But banning people because they have a premium account and you dont have one sounds like sour grapes to me and they should grow up!

Last edited: Jun 7, 2012
  9. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    So are people just supposed to put up with it?, i mean we've tried the forums and feedback and it just gets ignored or locked by EA/Dice - i mean they locked the entire EAUK BF3 forum when people complained before release. The truth is, server owners who are against it have 1 real option that will get noticed and that is to kick/ban players who do it/have it, this in turn sends the message to EA/Dice that they won't accept it (after all, they pay for the server - not EA).

You can say it's sour grapes or that people are to cheap (which is part of the problem frankly), but the fact remains in buying premium you (people who purchased it) in effect supported what EA/Dice have done, and well, you reap what you sow. Me, i don't agree with EA/Dice and what they have done so i didn't buy it and i won't buy it until they sort it out (i've even filed for a refuind) - it has nothing to do with sour grapes or being cheap, i just don't agree with it and i sure as hell won't support it by giving them more money for it.

10. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i understand that people are annoyed but I for one didnt realise there was going to be this queue-jumping and I got the premium for other reasons.

so saying we reap what we sow is unfair. it wasnt our choice for this to be implemented.

moreover what does it achieve? are premium owners meant to somehow uninstall their prem account or somehow deactivate the queue jumping...?
    are we meant to kick up some fuss over @EA?

am just saying there should be another way rather than trying to affect on the most part innocent gamers...

to me it really boils down to this "i am pissed off, so I know I'll try and piss off others just because I can".

rage against EA not people who just want to play the game and have fun. nerd rage gone loopy i think..:bang:

11. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Hmmm the more i think about this protest i can see its a great idea. I mean, what are we dealing with here?

It comes down to:

- you pay for a game
    - you pay extra for playing it online with better weapons
    - you pay extra extra for getting into matches faster than others

If this carries on like this, what will we end up with in 5 years?

- basic price is for the engine only
    - extra fee for 32xAA
    - fee per single player levels
    - get 10 cent back when watching all cutscenes with ingame ADs and not press ESC
    - extra fee for UBERsharp textures
    - weekly fee for basic MP services
    - fee for skill servers
    - fee if you want a cheater banned
    - fee if you want somebody at EA unban you because you can proof you're not a cheater
    - .... ?

12. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    New weapons are not better.

13. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Banning players for buying Premium is just wrong.. many that buy it are investing in the future DLCs rather than paying for a queue-jump feature.

At the same time the queue jump thing was bound to start a fight.. EA know this, and they just hope that people will adopt the "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" attitude.. which is really the only way to get rid of queue jumping.

If eveyone has Premium, there is no Premium.. :infinity:

14. ginger_hammer

ginger_hammer Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 780 CU2
    Banning premium members is petty and lame, what have they done to the server owners? Thankfully there are loads of servers so it doesn't matter.

Protest to EA but not fellow gamers, you won't get much sympathy there.

15. [Drazio]

[Drazio] Master Guru

GPU:
    -

16. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Just bought BF3 from the Indian Origin :D. Won't know exact price till it's on my bank statement tomorrow, but was about £9, not sure whether to buy premium for £18 or not, probs wait.

17. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Indian Origin? Is there a Chinese one where you can get someone to lvl up your toons...?:)

Still £9 and £18 for premium is def worth it I think..although sounds a tad dodgy.

p.s premium for me all dpends on the close quarters and the armoured one....weapons so far are good. still have quite a few to unlock from the original..

18. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Well I just bought the game and a friend just got premium, both were on our normal accounts instantly.

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    nice! have you got a link for future reference...enjoy bf3. sp is def a blast + co-op good as well then you have all the mp stuff to unlock...

20. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.