Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i have 2 sli computers and neither ctd. the only issue i have is sometimes the game wont launch the first time, but thats very rare.

2. Fofal

Fofal Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    I did, the difference is minimal when i change settings. i would say 5 frames. i mean only when i look at where all the action is happening. when i look away i get all 60fps lol but nothing to shoot at. it's either the CPU or memory. I think it's the CPU, i left it at 3.6GHz now. in action i get 23-35FPS mostly around 30 fps.

EDIT: I play all max. the only thing made it smoother is textures and terrain on HIGH. other then that nothing help. even lowering from X4 AA to 0. most guys with the same specs as mine have 8Gig of ram and they have no problems. I've never been so confused regarding what should i upgrade :S

Edit 2: sorry, that time i turned off AA i didn't restart the game. now that i did i got 32 at the lowest. I didn't try all maps yet but the big once run good now. but a Quad is a must for this game

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    If the jaggies get annoying you can enable FXAA (post process AA) for next to no performance hit.
    Not sure why your fps were low, a dual core can run it at 40fps...

How's the game going anyway? :)

4. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    now this is funny i call it BF3 super powers lmao !!!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

5. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I can't believe it's going to be a month since release soon and the only patch so far was the day one patch.

They are friggin slow. Valve would have 5 patches out by now and no bugs left in the game what so ever. :p

6. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 super FTW
    what i think they are doing is gathering up ideas of issues and watch we will get a nice fat patch when on the 6th of December, with the expansion with a nerf or 2 , I know they are storming on one for the flash light problem.

7. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Yeah...

But if the patch ends up being like 50-80MB...I'ma be pissed.

I'm expecting like a 800MB patch at a minimum.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    It's almost too lote for some of the "in your face" problems. For people playing this every day the disconnects, ctds and control problems should be just as bad as the netcode and balacing issues.
    If they continue to patch it at this speed it'll be even more of a mess than BC2 or BF2 were.

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I took a break from BF3, playing skyrim, one thing is sure... both games need patching

10. BamBoozleD

BamBoozleD Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 670 FTW LE Sli
    Anyone notice when getting in a shoot out with certain players it stutters a bit and when you watch the player that killed you via kill-cam and gets killed, his death animation stutters. I see this often when I play late nights, server pings are great, somewhere around 40's, I'm thinking its some players joining the servers not in their region. Just a thought. Funny one is when you knife high ping players, the animation takes wHile to finish.

11. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I am also wondering when the patch is coming. There are a lot of minor bugs (no HyperThreading support, crosshair that disappears, game that crashes only the first time of launch, etc.).

12. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    If history is anything to go by it will be huge. :banana:

13. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Why would you want a huge patch? You expect them to patch some art? :3eyes:

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    There has been multiple updates, server side and on battlelog and a big client patch is in the works with some release notes incoming very soon.

15. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    Anyone mind explaining why joystick's don't work in this fu*king game?
    I woke up today with my brand new joystick SAITEK AV8R-03 and felt like destroying my entire rig beacuse of the MIND:banana:Fu*k's that EA games are. I feel like installing Battlefield 2.

EDIT: I'm going to launch a terrorist attack on EA games. You heard it here first.

16. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Don't forget, Valve typically does lots of smaller patches. You also need to remember that patches for consoles need to be certified by Sony/MS, so if they want to release the patch at teh same time for all systems, that slows the entire procedure down some as well.

Plus, I doubt Dice wants another BF2 situation where every time they re-balence, they break something. Get it right the first time!

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    theres a simple solution for the flashlight problem. Remove Then! :wanker:

18. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    I bet we dont get any client side patches till the expansion pak.
    I dont care about whats wrong with the gameplay too much i just go with the flow.
    Not any patches going to fix what i want done but...What sucked in bf2 was getting used to certain things then 2-3 months later its all different with patches.

20. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    BF3 has had a better launch than most games these days ... no deal breaking issues on my end, unlike Homefornt and Red Ochestra 2. although i feel i got my monies worth from Homefront i sure as hell havent from RO2! BF3 is the only light at the end of the tunnel these days ... good job thus far Dice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.