Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Mm.

I so do hate being around the corner, in cover, then suddenly a sniper had got me, despite there being no angle for him.

2. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    Allowing 2 people to kill eachother at the same time. Like I said, it doesn't solve interpolation but it does solve the irritation of it. Both players will get the kill they deserve.

He got you before you went around the corner on his monitor. The server looks back a bit and realizes you should have died and thus kills you.

3. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Do you guys notice much rubberbanding when playing? I was on a 17ms ping server last night and it was really bad.

Just wondering if the server was to blame or the game engine...? I don't even know what causes it...

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    But it adds total confusion on top of it as then you start guessing "where's that guy hiding"...
    It's definitely really bad and they should try everything to get this resolved. Nothing worse than an online multiplayer game with faulty netcode. Maybe that's why so many people concentrate on vehicles, it's not as bad there :)

5. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    ah... but did he see the shooter raise his gun, and if not is it rly a fair kill?

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Mm, so that is what happens, I understand that.

But it is not what -I- see.

7. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    There needs to be a "hold toggle" for the jet control similar to the helicopter controls. As opposed to BC2, if you flew a helicopter, the stick would auto correct to the center position. In BF3, the controls will hold where you left them.

They need to do this with the airplanes when using the mouse control. You simply run out of space on your computer desk to move the mouse around and have to straighten out of your turns. It is easy to fly with the keyboard but the keyboard does not give you the ability to fine tune your aim.

There should be an option to turn this feature on and off. It would be really nice to just pull the mouse back and have the pilot hold that position instead of having to constantly drag the mouse back to execute a turn.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I am playing Skyrim : D

But I won't stop playing Battlefield 3 for years to come.. just haven't been playing it this week.

9. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    The wireless is not the issue mate, the public internet is.

The game has hit reg issues yes, but not as obvious since the hit reg is client side 100%.

The instant deaths come from the client side derp reg, wich is just as bad as not getting hits registered. Not sure dice are capable of a middle way here.

10. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    WAN = Wide Area Network. As in the internet...

And hit reg is not client side it's done by the server....:3eyes:

11. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Actually, AA'ing by definition means taking away the sharp side of the edges.

[​IMG]

When properly done, it looks nicer to the eye. Personally there are some games where I enjoy having the sharp look over the softened look, makes it look more real to me. but that's preference. The only time aliased gaming bothers me is when the lines keep skipping around.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  12. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Thought you meant WLAN, wireless area network, as you actually said.

Anyway the hit reg is 100% client side.

13. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No kidding. I'm talking about MSAA compared to FXAA or SSAA. MSAA is the sharpest of all..

Source?

14. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Jets need a massive rebalance.

Also, we just had a player who was 38 & 8 deaths with a Jet. Me and another guy were tailing him and shooting the **** otu of him, then he manages to just reverse completely, looked very un-naturally and shot a rocket almost right away, and then killed the other guy like nothing, just raped us both.

HE had AA, and two jets hitting him, he was smoking, but he was destroying us. His Dog tags said he had 800 Jet Kills.

That is ****ing messed up. I could no longer play with him. He was also somehow shooting flares almost one after another. Had to be a cheater.

Everyone was bitching, he was raping everyone so hard, and his movements were very odd, no one else moved like him in a Jet.

15. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    i don't know if i would use that. i read somewhere EA was banning accounts of people using that crack/tool ... i thought about it and decided against it.

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    They aren't.
    I'm using it right now, and also there was a tweet from Dice/EA? saying it was OK apparently...:)

17. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080GTX STRIX
    It's annoying but you see this in alot of online FPS shooters, it's quite common and not really a bug, just a delay.

18. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Report him. I noticed a simmilar thing myself yesterday, so I'm guessing theres a Jet hack out...

19. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    yes there is at least a flare hack like bf2 where you can spam flares all day.

20. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    ^^ Lets see how long it takes PB to catch it. Probably within a week or so...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.