Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    Currently playing the game and loving it. I was a huge fan of BC2 and at first I was disappointed. Plain weapons without Grenade Launchers that I was really good. Continue playing the game thought changed my mind. Huge list of unlocks. It looks feels and plays awesome online.

No crashes or problems so far everything stable and my system. The only bad think is I play it now at a friends Nvidia 260 as my 6870 was sent for RMA.

The fixes I want is the tactical light nerf and the IRNV scope nerf.

2. Deathspank

Deathspank Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    i dont mind the tactical light as it gives enemy locations away, but your bang on about the IRNV. i think everyone uses it. im pleased to say ive never used it once on any gun and nearly always have more kills than the rest of my clan. may aswell call it battlefield infered edition.

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT
    The IRNV changes the way you play or just my way of play. It makes me feel more secure and I rush a lot so I get killed. I may start a round with it and then after I get own I change. My best scores are without it.

4. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I got news for you, some guns ARE better BECAUSE they do more damage and have a higher fire rate. Dice modeled the guns more or less after their IRL counterparts, hence why some guns were (predictably) superior during the beta, and hence why a lot of them were re-balenced for the release. (I noted the UMP took a MAJOR hit in the damage department, doing less damage then guns that use the smaller 9mm round...)

Ideally, you'd simply calculate damage based on the size/mechanics of the round in question, muzzle velocity, and range, all within the physics engine, leaving recoil/accuracy as the only variables left to adjust. Hence why I want a much more proactive use of existing physics API's, because any attempt to manually balence various guns is doomed to end in failure.

I find a lot of this argument pointless anyway, because if more then 10% of you shots are on a target that is also firing on you, then you are playing BF3 incorrectly.

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Of course some guns are better "IRL" then others. That's where the balancing comes in, normally. No gun should have both higher damage and higher fire rate at once, or if so, spread and/or kick should balance it out against other guns (maybe even movement speed / magazine size).
    The way Dice seems to balance guns is more or less retarded. The same thing that happened to the UMP made the G3 worse than it actually is and hit the Scar. If the only thing they can do is change damage they should start doing something else for a living, seriously.

6. shoja

shoja Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    omg I just finished the campaign(yeah I am late to the party) and in my book that was one of the worst campaign I have ever played...... the ending was disappointing. It was like if they left the story unfinished lol.... Though I did enjoy the almost-real graphics(especially the NYC level). Time to give mp a go :D

7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    My favourite part of the short sp campaign was the Paris level, really well done imo both visually and nice fast pace (the last part)...

8. MonGreL

MonGreL Member

GPU:
    Asus 6950/6970 @950/5600
    Well a cynic may say that as the developers already have the money in their bank from BF3, and with BF4 on the horizon they're unlikely to allocate too much resource to making BF3 into the game it should have been when launched.
    Now I hope that's not the case and that everyone who wants to play the game ends up with a product that's robust enough to work 100% of the time (because really it should) but for me the frustration of the last few weeks has spoilt it, simple as.

I don't rate a multiplayer game by how well I play it, for me it's how much I enjoy it that's important and I'm sorry but BF3 just doesn't float my boat !

Boring if everyone was the same eh )

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'm having the worst losing streak all of a sudden for the past couple days, always joining the losing team when the round ends so I get that loss against my stats.. then being stuck with a team that cannot do anything and lets themselves get raped for match after match....................

10. MonGreL

MonGreL Member

GPU:
    Asus 6950/6970 @950/5600
    If being a bit jaded after paying £35 for a piece of software that only works 15% of the time makes me a nerd in your opinion then so be it.

Unfortunately I'm cursed with being able to remember buying games that worked out of the box, yeah possibly a patch or two after a few months as a tweak but essentially they worked and the emphasis was quite correctly on gameplay.
    Seems like now the developers and to a certain extent the magazine previews/reviews focus on how the game looks, it's graphical bells & whistles which is great for video card manufacturers because it sells product but maybe not so good for us eh.

BF3 is a stunningly visual game but for me it just doesn't excite/engage so I'll not be playing it anymore if that's ok with you lol

11. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    works 15% of the time what do you mean by this? the mp/sp...

game has worked 95% for me and even the HT stutter was never an issue...

12. metaltoiletry

metaltoiletry Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5870
    On the PC version of BF3, are you still able to make Bot matches like in the previous games? e.g. have a few friends play multi-player maps against 50 bots.

13. Jagman

Jagman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 16GB RX6800
    Anybody had there stats reset to zero yet? I have! Rank 16 (almost 17) I got a black screen as the game stopped working and obviously disconnected from the server and now my stats read zero :bang:

P.S. I haven't done anything wrong i.e. no cheating or teamkills.

Battlelog here http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/user/Jagman23/

EDIT: It's now back to normal :hatty:

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  14. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    I don't WANT them to change damage though. The physics engine should handle that, instead of it being hard-coded in.

Once again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=false&gid=0

and

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...E0bjBueWVSQjc0V0E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=13

Assuming perfect accuracy, you can compute how long every gun takes to kill a target at a specified range, thus figuring out the best gun for each range. And you see quite clearly, with one or two exceptions for each kit, all the guns place simmilar, and teh choice is often between a higher fire rate, or higher individual bullet damage.

The point being, I see more underpowered guns then overpowered ones. And I've seen nothing in personal gameplay to convince me otherwise. For instance, teh UMP is significantly underpowered at all ranges. With its .45 ACP round, it should do more damage then all those 9mm guns out there, but its on par with other 9mm SMGs. Combined with its high kick and low fire rate, its a horrible gun. Its an obvious overraction to people who used it during the beta.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2011
  15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I payed $88 for Battlefield 3 and I do not regret anything.

But... One thing that is making me angry about the game is not the game itself, but the people playing it.. people who would rather kill the enemy and not actually do anything about trying to win the round.

Also, super high level players, how the heck are their such high ranked players already?? It took me years in BF2 to get up in the ranks. WTF are they doing that I am not.. other than sit on the game 24/7 since it's release.

16. MonGreL

MonGreL Member

GPU:
    Asus 6950/6970 @950/5600
    Once it's working no issues at all, no flickering, no stutter, it looks a million dollars.

Singleplayer constant crashes loading from Origin, or when selecting continue campaign, or when auto saving at the end of a module - just got too tedious in the end.

Multiplayer is more reliable.

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    @ MonGreL

I have a Japanese friend who plays the game, he has a 5000 series ATI card, he says he gets lot's of crashing and black screens... I have a 400 series NVIDIA card, I pretty much get no crashing, but it did once a few days ago.

Make of that what you will.

18. Mega_Death

Mega_Death Maha Guru

GPU:
    I'm running 5850's in crossfire and don't suffer crashing. Not saying people don't have crashing issues but I doubt it's the 5000 series. I was running the game with a single card for the first two weeks.

19. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galax 3080 SC
    How the performance changed from 1 HD5850 to Xfire? u think it worth the upgrade?

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    @ Mega_Death

What CAT version are you using? Then I can tell my Japanese friend to try whatever your using xD

@ moab600

I'm curious about your CPU overclock, what cooling are you using to have that stable?

I've been looking at the Antec KUHLER H2O 620, I am planning to aim for 3.6Ghz.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.