1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Yup. I remember several game packages on my shelf with "Activision Mechwarrior" on it. Long ago.

[​IMG]

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Modded servers..dedicated boxes with modded server files that allow you to login for say 1 min till end of round and get say 100,000 points,it depends how you set it up.

These kind of configurations appeared on BF2 around late 2008 and anybody that was caught on them was reset and the server was instantly shut down,no questions asked,but on BF3 i dont think DICE actually cares anymore about people cheating as they dont ban Serial keys,they just reset/ban the soldier which is pathetic.

4. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    They should make a BF3-Instant-Colonel Edition for 50$ or something. Would save everyone the hassel.

5. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    that would actually make me play the game. the ranking and stuff is so boring imo.

6. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Does anyone here has issues with overclocked GPU and BF3?, I had to hard reset my PC several times with some lousy OC that I have in my GPU.

7. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Anyone else experiencing increased HDD activity after the patch? Normally it's only during the loading of a map (obviously) but now I noticed how it starts churning even during normal play. Really odd...

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Did you try defragmenting your hdd? BF3 is the only game I installed onto my SSD and it has always been heavily fragmented after each of the larger patches.

@jowey: Yes. Limiting max fps helps though but BF3 seems to be very picky when it comes to overclocks.

9. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti FE
    I could not care less about my rank...

Just play for the fun of it :D

Oh, and also like to knife a guy one in a while :D

10. KodY

KodY Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 280X Vapor-X
    Turns out it was a Punkbuster bug which got fixed in the new version
    See http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/20779658-post14.html

11. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    Knifing someone in the front now initiates the stab & grab tags animation.

While reloading a guy jumped in front of me and knifed me and it went though that animation where he grabbed my tags.

12. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Got accused of hacking because i kept shooting down their helicopter with the tank.
    I told him it was because he was flying so low all the time, like inches from the ground but he still didn't get it.

Didn't help my case that I managed to shot him down with my RPG, then two jets with the tank round xD

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Finally got the update~

I'm going to try it out tonight, I hope it doesn't make me rage..

I already know about the Suppression random bullet spread and Tanks that are really weak.. So Yeah..

I hope it's ok.

14. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Well, played some rounds with my buddies yesterday. It seems like we've lost the last one now.
    They weren't exactly happy with it and the balance was pretty bad overall. They definitely nailed it again.

15. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    that's the largest bit of rubbish i've ever heard

there's absolutely nothing unethical about it, if you really think that, you should probably fix your priorities in life

You and others may not like it for various reasons or another, and you have the right to be, though it logically makes no sense, you still have the right to make no sense, i really don't care, but calling it unethical?...that's just sad

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012

16. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    So it's rubbish because it's sad and that my priorities are ****ed? Great argumentation there bro.

I think this is just another form of pay to win and exploitation of the (stupid) customer.

17. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    How can completely optional luxury product pricing be unethical? It's not like EA was deceitful here and it's not marketed toward mentally incompetent people who needs supervision from guardian to buy stuff.

For the price they are asking, amount of content is terrible and I object to this DLC on that reason. But that's different from being unethical when the item in question is a video game.

Aura89 said it harshly but the point is valid. There is nothing ethical or unethical about this.

18. Xendance

Xendance Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    It's exploitation, that by definition is unethical :p

19. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    My first game after a month, and what do I get for a welcome...

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Anubis_SLO' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.291) - Error loading pbcl

Seriously wtf?!

20. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    It's not an exploitation... it's just bargaining process.

For there to be an exploitation in business dealing, free choice is out of the picture by one side holding all the bargaining chips or one side is straight up deceiving the other.

Neither case applies here. Nobody can be pressured/coerced to buy bad video game deals because ITS A FLIPPING VIDEO GAME. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY THEM. Unless somebody is using amazingly powerful marketing to influence you beyond free will (probably the only plausible way outside of deception for exploitation in video game, one example top of my head is some Smurf phone game and its $400 worth of DLCs targeted at children [then again, hello parenting]), force you at gun point, or somehow you are altered in a way that you need video gaming to survive, you can't be coerced to buy video games. You can always safely opt to not buying the darn thing, which pretty much kills this "exploitation" idea.

You don't have to like the deal. Hell, I don't like the deal. But someone proposing a deal you don't like doesn't make them unethical.

Are people forgetting that the pricing for video games aren't some divine law? Damn internet ethics.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.