Battlefield 3 (Official Thread) Pt. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by John, Nov 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    :D :D :D

[​IMG]

Played with USAS12 last night, and you wouldn't BELIEVE all the whiners - stop using the usas noob and so on and soforth...

I simply replied : Stop crying and using you're so called skillz to play better :p

The it rained lol's and name calling :D

2. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    You know who's NOT your friend... Hitboxes :(

Getting really tired of getting shot while know you're in cover around a corner of a building or something...

3. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I'd say that's the reason so many people love "spray" weapons like shotguns in CQ, just like people use Akimbo SMGs in CoD.

4. yosef019

yosef019 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti
    Any body know when the big fix patch?

Any body know when the big fix patch?
    :stewpid:

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I actually skipped the USAS completely because I knew so many people don't like being killed by it.

I use the MK3A1.. Before that I used the Pump Shotgun with Frag or Buck depending on the situation, Frags are a bit more powerful on the pump in comparison to the full auto shotguns.

I've run around a corner and then once I was in cover I died.. It has happened a few times for me =_=

I've gone fishing and caught a Cod, It tasted nice. True Story.

That's a lot of I's.......

6. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
  7. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    waiting on consoles again! soon after the PS3??? frustrating to say the least. i can understand deals for dlc and consoles, but patchs ... wth.

8. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I dont know why so many people complain about Usas, it ain't that great.
    If i got buckshot, it's only good in close quarters. If I got frag, it sucks ass in close quarters cause i'll most likely just kill myself.
    I can get way more kills with the M98B than with the Usas, for example

9. Beast

Beast Master Guru

GPU:
    -
    4char

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's not the point, all the kills you get with your M98B required skill, the ones with the USAS didn't. I'd rather like to see you getting over 9000 frags with a sniper then 5 with a USAS.

11. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Hmm, i dunno why people get so upset over the USAS frag thing. I dont have it yet (only level 41) but you can hear the thing coming a mile away. Esp on the team deathmatch or cq games. I get killed far more by the FAMAS with suppressor and foregrip, or guys spamming the noob nade launcher. But then again i dont really play OP metro.

Hope i get the USAS before the nerf so i can see what the fuss is about.

Oh and KissShot, just started using the MK3A1, not bad, especially with the magnum sidearm:)

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -

we are talking battlefield here, i could go do a ton of research on other games, this is true, but why should i when it should be known to be a fact? if you, or others, can't remember, that's your fault, and if you want to prove me wrong go right ahead find all of the games that are the exception to the fact, the only problem with this is i'll be able to find 3 times as many expansions that are 30-40 dollars easily if you were to do so and then some, so it'd be pointless

that also doesn't mean there aren't exceptions to the fact, Battlefield 1942: The Road to Rome for instance was $20 when it was released, while Battlefield 1942: Secret Weapons of WWII was $30 (which was by far a better expansion pack in the first place anyways IMO), but on average, aka, the norm, expansion packs were 30-40 dollars on release, and the base game as $50 on release

13. StarvinMarvinDK

GPU:
    GB Gaming OC 3080
    For me, it's what gets your blood pumping, and right now it's the USAS-12 :D

Not to say that the M98B didn't get my blood pumping by getting a headshot at 1490 meters, but still - a week ago it was the P90 with foregrip and suppressor ;)

But I agree : snipers require skill and the USAS not so much - but still you will have to be somewhat accurate to preserve ammo so that you don't run into the enemy with no shells :D

I would go as far to say that all weapons require some amount of skill - playwise that is, but again it does require SOME skill to use it effectively.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    M39 EMR + Holo + Suppressor .. Use it for close to medium engagements.. quite enjoyable.

Forgrip too I think? I cant remember..

-----

I know this isn't Battlefield Related... well it is in a way.. Watch it.. Because I know you will laugh.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Om6nwHOFKDY&feature=channel

Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I prefer SKS over M39.

16. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    Reinstalled 301.10 drivers and the gmae is stable again, except if I click on Video in the settings menu then it crashes. Weird.

Anyway, tried the game with 3D Vision (50% depth). Damn right it's 3D Vision ready! Looks awesome. Just have to disable regular AA so the frame rate doesn't dip too low.

17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You can hear it a mile away yes, but with frag rounds and the suppression perk its deadly. I spam the hell out of it when enemies are around the corner and it still kills them.

I got kicked from a game yesterday because they thought I was hacking because I was headshoting guys with the USAS from 400-500 meters away. If you watch the bullet spread, there is always one pellet that is in the middle of the crosshairs. If you keep an eye on that one pellet, you can headshot people just like you would with a sniper rifle.

I'm glad they are nerfing it though. I enjoy using it from time to time, but on some servers EVERYONE is using it with frag rounds and its just not fun.

18. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    In general, the one who has the best reflexes wins the gunfight. Some weapons are more powerful than others, yes.

The developers try to make games quasi-realistic. If you want to move in close and fight someone who has a shotgun don't expect to do well. Their logic is weird because reducing the shot count from 9 to 7 would in theory, make the gun more "powerful" because to keep a 12 gauge load, one would have to increase the size of the shot.

If you are getting picked off from long-range shotgun blasts then you aren't very good or you aren't using the burst firing techniques very well.

I haven't really used the shotguns at all because I don't think they are as good as they were in BC2. The frag rounds, for me at least, bring an awful lot of suicides because I like to get pretty close.

But the majority of what you people are saying make it sound like a crappy player using the USAS12 will be default float to the top of the scoreboard, only because of the weapon choice. Good players or cheaters will stay at the top.....always.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    "Good players or cheaters will stay at the top.....always."

Frag rounds I find are useful for clearing hallways.. any Conquest maps where you are out in the open it becomes useless due to it's range and inaccuracy, Shotguns in general are not as useful in open field combat, common sense I guess.

BC2 shotguns were very different.. the entire game engine is very different, the feel of the game itself is very different, just the way things move, and the way the player moves, the way bullets move... everything is different in comparison to BC2.

A crappy player is a crappy player.

A player who uses the most powerful because it is just that, the most powerful.....

They are special individuals.. They have fond memories of Deagles and AWPS and Railguns and Rockets, And will always use "the most powerful"....

lol. Maybe I went too far xD

20. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Fixed that for you ;) I'd agree with you though, the weapon balance in this game isn't bad and much better than in BC2.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.