Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand maps are stuttery as hell

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by inplayruns, Aug 7, 2012.

1. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    So since I got my GTX 670 FTW I haven't had the chance to play some B2K maps, and to my surprise I found that both Sharqi Peninsula and Gulf of Oman are both stutters fests for me, Gulf of Oman more so than Sharqi, is this a global thing? anyone else getting this?

I'm using 304.48 Beta.

2. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I have not tried the latest beta out now... but I am still using the 300.83 driver because everything since then bf3 stutters with.

3. Nookie80

Nookie80 Member

GPU:
    Gainward 670 GTX Phantom
  4. ManuelG

ManuelG NVIDIA Rep

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080 FE
    Past few days I've noticed some stuttering on servers. I am not sure if the update from last night made any changes but when I tested today, I did not observe any stutter at all.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Streaming code is still a disaster, how can't they make it more efficient, or is this occasional memory swapping a NV thing?

And i noticed all r304 drivers 304.48, 304.79, 304.92 & 305.52 need more gpu voltage (6mv+) or it can stutter or even TDR at higher OC.

300.83 were very smooth for me too and im at Fermi.

6. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Thanks for all the replies guys, it's weird since all of the CQ/Vanilla maps run butter smooth, but these two are very stuttery, someone mentioned to me that maybe it's because I'm running only 4GB of RAM, but if this was the case shouldn't all maps stutter? or are these B2K maps more demanding?

7. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Thanks for the info.

Hey, since a couple of people have pointed out that 300.83 actually runs better for BF3 vs R304, maybe you could file that for the drivers guys to take a look at, just saying, thanks for taking the time to reply.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Same here and i have a lot of ram, but then again its not sooo bad..although kinda annoying.

And yes definitely get another 4gb :)

9. inplayruns

inplayruns Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
  10. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Grab a kit of these before they are gone

http://www.techbargains.com/news_displayItem.cfm/310166

G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1333MHz Desktop Memory $69.99 Free Ship
    Newegg has the G.Skill Ares Series (F3-1333C9D-16GAO) 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3-1333MHz PC3-10666 Desktop Memory for a low $69.99 Free Shipping after Coupon Code: "EMCNBNC44" (Exp 8/13). Tax in CA, NJ, TN. [Compare Prices]
    Great price for 16GB of RAM, as we generally see it for about $10 more or with a rebate.

Features CAS Latency 9; 1.5V

11. nick0323

nick0323 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    A few days ago EA/DICE mentioned maintenance and that there would be issues with around performance.

About 4 days ago there was an issue with all servers worldwide lagging like crazy, they all lagged regardless and the server admins were getting annoyed so they started broadcasting messages stating there is a service fault.

Just how sure are are we that these "latest" issues are around nvidia and not a service issue from EA/DICE? If you ask me...EA got no DICE.

EDIT

Adding further to this, since the worldwide mess up 4 days ago I haven't had a smooth session in BF3 since, the latest beta drivers were working a peach up until that point so for now I'm pointing the finger at EA/DICE

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  12. kalston

kalston New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670
    I too think it's much more likely an EA/Dice/Punkbuster issue than Nvidia. And same as above, haven't had a smooth online BF3 session ever since the worldwide mess up.

SP is smooth though.

13. Spets

Spets Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Feel sorry for the AMD/Nvidia driver teams when it comes to BF3, they get so much heat for DICE's screw ups since that game launched.

14. schloppy

schloppy Active Member

GPU:
    MSI 970GTX
    Just replaced my 570GTX with this 670GTX, using 305.53 drivers and no problems, buttery smooth.

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Totally!

And not just for DICE's $#@. It's the crappy EA servers too.

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Thats why they have maintenance every week (server and battlelog)

17. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    brand new GTX 670 4gb here. was noticing some stuttering last night on one map of close quarters DLC (donya fortress)

18. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    What settings are you using? I'm planning on buying a 670 4GB. Is it any good?

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti OC
    Same here in CQ

I "eliminated" most of it by raising my gpu OC voltage for 6mv (latest 304.xx 305.xx), its still not perfect though..

I think we need better driver optimization for CQ too, Well all vanilla maps are very smooth compared to CQ. And i noticed all stutters usually happen when gpu usage hits 99% for the first 2-3 times, then it kinda goes smooth..

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  20. adrock311

adrock311 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
    I'm using ultra @ 1920X1200 , yeah the card is too awesome so far, runs everything like a dream, I'm coming from a 6870 crossfire setup tho, you might want to wait for GTX 660 ti to make the 670 prices drop tho