Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, May 29, 2020.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    So they are making the father of Call of Duty, to be the new director for all things Battlefield?
    Not exactly what I expected. But I guess it's better than some guy from Candy Crush Saga.

2. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    BF evolution .. from bad ass soldiers to flying spagettios

[​IMG]

Xtreme512 and Solfaur like this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I have never been more disgusted at a video game in my entire life...

[​IMG]

*edit*

EA will never again receive money from me for anything..... just disgusting.. Battlefield is now just a fortnite clone... it's no longer Battlefield... DICE is dead, the people that made it great have left Battlefield is dead.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  4. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 3090 Strix OC
    Kinda obvious with the facking lame end of the match one-liners the "characters" come with...

And kinda obvious that the devs dont know what made people love the old battlefield games... but i reckon they decided to just give the middle finger to the battlefield fans, and try and get as many of the fortnite kiddies as possible, as that group is much bigger, aka more $$$$$... or so EA / Dice hoped...

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Hopefully they dropped single player to focus on this. Can hardly express how disappointed i am.
    I don't like the music, there's no destructions on the map, i don't have fun during conquest, don't like the map.
    That's just depressing.

The environment effects are solely a gimmick to take the focus away from the fact they removed destructions from the game.

Solfaur likes this.
  6. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800XT Nitro+ SE
  7. Lloyd_Braun

Lloyd_Braun Member

GPU:
    Asus rog strix 3080
    Yea, its like they went Full Retard with the game, with no regards to the actual gameplay. Just a "cash grab" mindset of cosmetics for your player to look cool (or so they think) this ^ santa skin is absurd and I would never use it.

What a shame, and I highly doubt it can ever rebound back into a true BF game at this point.

I was brought up to certain standards, and one of them being. Be a Leader, not a Follower... Don't follow other people's BS, do your own thing. It's like they are trying to be fortnite, overwatch, and whatever else that's making this game a crap show.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    XenthorX likes this.
  8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GameRock 2080
    Your username is on point!

Lloyd_Braun likes this.
  9. slick3

slick3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    If you pre-ordered or bought the game on Day 1 and are disappointed/frustrated by all this - then you quite honestly deserve it, especially after the latest shitshow from EA and DICE. You should've learned by now what Battlefield has long become, I'm surprised that players are still surprised... like c'mon...

If you are satisfied and you think you're getting your money's worth - then good on you I suppose.

10. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    FIFA boss David Rutter to oversee DICE in new role

Article from 2019, just need to remember the changes we are now seeing originates from that new head of DICE.

Watch the next Battlefield be free to play.

*editit*

We are never going to get awesomeness like this again are we.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Thats because game trying to merge Patch#3 players with earlier versions ;)
    Wait till tomorrow, all will patch and it will fly.

12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Battlefield 2042's rocky start leads to major reorganization at DICE and EA

Big changes are in store for the Battlefield franchise

What just happened? The fallout from Battlefield 2042’s rocky launch continues as Electronic Arts is making sweeping changes that’ll affect the latest entry and the future of the franchise.
    For starters, DICE general manager Oskar Gabrielson is exiting after nearly a decade with the company.

On Twitter, he said the decision to leave was one of the hardest in his life but promised that there was plenty for gamers to look forward to on the Battlefield.

Gabrielson will be replaced by Rebecka Coutaz, the former studio director of Ubisoft Annecy.

Respawn CEO Vince Zampella will lead the Battlefield team moving forward, and newly hired Marcus Lehto of Halo fame will erect a new Seattle-based development team to help add more storytelling to the Battlefield universe.

EA told GameSpot that in the immediate future, DICE and Lehto’s new studio will work with developer Ripple Effect to improve Battlefield 2042.
    Ripple was responsible for the Portal game mode in Battlefield 2042.

EA said it also aims to create a “connected Battlefield universe.” Zampella told GameSpot that they will continue to grow and evolve Battlefield 2042, in addition to exploring new types of experiences and business models along the way that can “add to that foundation to provide an awesome array of experiences for our players.”

"In this universe, the world is interconnected with shared characters and narrative. This universe is also built with our community as we harness the power of Portal and user generated content that puts creativity in the hands of our players."

That’s kind of a vague description, but as the publication notes, this is likely due to how early into the process EA is.
    We do know that a mobile Battlefield game is in the cards, but aside from that, the roadmap is unclear.

Angantyr likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Translation, one of the creators of call of duty will attempt to fix a battlefield video game.

Our timeline is officially bizarre, this is like an episode of Sliders.

15. Strijker

Strijker Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060Ti
    Yea, I'm happy with the game, having fun and no big bugs for me.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    One of the creator of Medal Of Honor : Allied Assault will attempt to fix a battlefield video game.

That's quite funny how this guy is still chosing to work, the DICE founders in comparison are all gone, think the last one left after Battlefront 2015. We had a couple nice games from the generation of devs that followed but they either they left by now, or are locked behind terrible corporate decisions.
    Anyway, i think the DNA is gone.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. Maddness

Maddness Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Aorus Xtreme
    As someone who grew up on Battlefield, this is just so disappointing to hear and read just how bad this game is.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  18. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Jeeze, looking at those winter-themed skins.. My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined.

Horus-Anhur likes this.
  19. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    Game is a mess thats for sure, but it's good :p
    BF is just BF, 83Lev and climbing....
    In time it will be one of the best (I believe that) it must be ;)

20. DocStr4ngelove

DocStr4ngelove Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super G
    They should go for a remaster of Bad Company 1 for all systems. Surely they can't f**k that up right?