Battlefield 2042

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, May 29, 2020.

1. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Dropping from high to low settings only yields another 20 FPS more on average, I'd hate to be using on anything less than the 2070S. Then again it's a beta, hopefully things will improve once it's released.

2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    yes we know. but what about windows 11? hags comes enabled automatically, didn't they claim hags is fixed in w11?

3. Skinner

Skinner Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX6900XT
    It appears to be the GPU overclock and confirm this engine put a strain on it, on default, no freezes :)

4. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    Need more cpu power and lower latency memory.

5. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Well I'm... not happy:
    • Horrible map design (more on that later) strikes again
    • Guns are functional but lack character and... ahum where's the recoil?
    • Vehicle physics feel weird, lacks the responsive feel of BF3 & BF4 (I don't care if those weren't realistic, at least it was bloody fun)
    As for map design, it's horrible. It's like someone opened up a map editor, random generated terrain and then slapped on some buildings. Oh and lets put a big tower here and a launchpad for a setpiece!!! Woooaaah!! While I admit, having setpieces is nice, but they distract imo from the fact that the map itself is very simplistic.

I know I played a lot of lockers, but that's also partially down to the fact that this trend started in BF4. A map that I always think back of as really good for all types of play in BF3 was Karkand. Buildings, lots of cover, flanking routes, streets with tanks, ...

On a map like Karkand, getting to a flag area involved fighting, combat. Capping the flag involved fighting and combat. This map? This map is fight, snooze, fight, snooze, ... and hope you don't get downed by a random camper during the snoozes because then it's fight, snooze, snooze, ... even with twice the player count, it's a snooze fest. There's barely any combat towards a flag, just running and hoping some random camper doesn't spot you.

It's also made worse by a sheer lack of simple vehicles such as quad bikes, etc. There's never enough of them and then you have to play walking simulator.

Honestly they've lost it I think, BC2, BF3 & BF4 were fun. This is... meh.

That's what Battle Royales are, at least the ones like PUBG: walking simulator with some occasional moments of nice action.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  6. DirtyDee

DirtyDee Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Hm, I haven't tried the game out on my main setup, but I think it may be worth giving it a shot pairing the RTX 2070 Super with it's 10900K & 16GBs of DDR4 3800MHz CAS 14. I'll report back if there's a difference.

7. UnrealGaming

UnrealGaming Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    I'm not sure there's a single element of this game that's currently not somewhat glitchy / buggy, on some level. And this thing is coming out in a month...
    Otherwise, not really enjoying any of the weapons, or the map layout. It's just less enjoyable than BF3 in every way, for me. With this ginormous map, reminds me of BF4 the most, which I never really cared about.
    If they polish it up and release some smaller BF3 or BC style maps, at some point, might get me interested.

8. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @Corrupt^ Karkand is a BF2 map even.

I like classics but the classics shouldn’t be all that shines. Especially not in a shooter without interesting/distinguishable guns.

9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Stryx Rx 580
    I agree on what u said that bf4 and bf3 were fun with their map design, but cod warzone isn t a walking simulator, u have to know how to play and where to go otherwise ur dead in a second, u need to play as a team, for me it s 2 years already on cod warzone and it still didnn t lose it s charm, and more of that goes to the gunplay

10. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti
    PlebG is a walking simulator but Warzone has constant action because the game is too fast.

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI Suprim RTX 3090
    Do you mean sensitive?

12. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Celebrating the open beta start with an instant 2 hour maintenance... classy move EA/Dice. Could have started the maintenance 2 hours prior to the start of the open beta or does that just make too much sense ? Not salty, I got a long weekend and other stuff to do, just questioning the logic. My sympathies to peeps in other time zones who may have stayed up late to play.

13. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
  14. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080Ti VISION OC
    There will be Small CQ, TDM & DOM for Sure.
    So it's something for guys like me -> close & personal with You bro :eek: (looking at my trusty gun).

Beta build is months old ;)

Maddness likes this.
  15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Does that “excuse” make any sense? I’ve never been into development but why would you fork out a beta that doesn’t shine?

16. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Because those aren't betas but demos forked out for marketing purposes, old builds secured in advance to show something to people while conveniently being able to slap "WORK IN PROGRESS" sticker as a defense against any criticism because "IT DOES NOT REFLECT FINAL PRODUCT".

Then launch day comes and make a gamble how much of it DID reflect the final product.

17. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    After playing a bit, I was not impressed.
    My main issue is with the map, which is very bad.
    It's very big, with a lot of running around until I found someone to shoot. Or an objective to play.
    There is very little cover, making you an easy target for vehicles and campers.

Graphics are OK, but nothing great. I would say it doesn't look good enough to justify how heavy it is.
    I didn't find the option for DLSS. I wonder if they haven't implemented it yet on this build.
    I set everything to High, textures to Ultra, and got around 60-70 fps.
    TAA is soft but with a lot of sharpening.
    Colors are very saturated, as if trying to copy Fortnite.

Gunplay is OK. But not on the level of BF4.
    Also, I think I was playing with several bots, not human players.
    This is a terrible idea.

Considering how much EA is asking for the game, I'll probably give it a pass until it's at a good discount.

ramthegamer and Repo Man like this.
  18. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Absolutely agree, I'm a fan of the art direction in that everything looks clean and practical and serves gameplay pretty well but I don't get the performance issues considering what's being delivered on screen. I'm sure the game will be further optimised during the first few months or maybe even for launch but based on what I've played so far I'll probably be sitting on the fence too for a little while.

I would add though that they need to do something about the team member markers because a lot of the character models look alike but that teeny tiny blue dot is really hard to see sometimes.

19. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I don't see the point of 128 players if they're just gonna populate them with bots. I don't play multiplayer games to play against bots, and having pointlessly large maps isn't really fun either.

Dragam1337, Repo Man and Undying like this.
  20. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    And the optimization is very bad.
    I get a ton of stuttering. Not as bad as BFV in DX12, but not good.
    Game is using 6 to 6.5 GB of vram and 5.5 to 6 GB of system memory.
    So it's not like it's starved for memory.