Battlefield 2042 currently has a 74% negative user reviews on Steam.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 22, 2021.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    True, and anti-puke in the floor taped on the burger's bread of a famous burger brand...
    (i worked on the machine that mix it to be "in autorised %")

2. Mokum

Mokum Guest

GPU:
    x9 290x

Thanks for mentioning Deltaforce. Downloading Battlefield 2042 right now. The first Battlefield i have ever bought. Hope i am with the 25% that like the game lol.

3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising?

mrrulez911 likes this.
  4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    heh, I agree. I guess it's time a few others here and me apply, since the staff most likely does not meet such a requirement.

First BF game I did not play on launch. And I feel right about my personal decision for many reasons.
    It's sad, but the franchise is dead. I'd only buy this game if they rebuilt Titan Mode from 2142.
    But I watched a friend play some time, and it looks so generic in every aspect I simply can't help but feel bored by it.

5. Loobyluggs

Loobyluggs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12GB
    I really do not like playing this game at all.

Bare in mind I'm using a 5950X and a 3070 with 32gb DD4 mem...I think the time has come for me to get it all out into the open. That's right kidz, I may put together a YouTube video for the first time in my life, where everyone will be able to hear what I sound like!!!! What that person on Guru3D has been saying all of the years.

Normally, I would not wish to subject the entire planet with my insipid, grating baritone; deeply enriching voice...but EA has pushed me too far this time.

It's time...time to lock and load my microphone, and unleash hell onto EA with bullet-proof-logic.

Sorry for all in advance of me writing the script, but let it be known your voices will be heard and your names remembered by all who shall hear my voice, and the mild discomfort of hearing my voice might...might, just be worth the torment thou shalt heareth.

They brought pain where they promised joy, and tricked us into thinking our pain was joy; our suffering, weakness leaving the body.

For our bodies to feel joy, we do not need pain; for our minds to grow strong, our will must be protected, not sacrificed.

The cost is not coin, but courage to withstand defeat...to capitulate to tyranny, is to celebrate our failure to fight the injustice of oppression.

I do not berate those who gave in, I honor all who dream a bigger dream than themselves. When the promises by some are so great, it is only because the world has made you feel small, yet you are mighty.

Let me sharpen my pencil and inketh my quill, for the hour is late and the night is long. I have much work to do.

Wait for me, and I will join you all soon with great joy and celebration of the falling of our common foe, for they have spurred our enslavement and tormented our dreams by promising so many, with glory.

If only glory was easily bought and traded, by now, we should be kings.

Not pawns.

Celcius likes this.
  6. Burgurne

Burgurne Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming GTX980Ti
    I’m happy they don’t waste time on a singleplayer campaign, some play it once 10 hours, others never play it, it’s just not important. Would be good if they released a finished games though, and a new improved firestorm mode would be icing on the cake. But right now isn’t very good. I think with EA the only focus is maximum profit, so paid early access, short production time and quick expensive expansions are in focus, then off to the next game.

And for me it is the opposite. No singleplayer campain= no buying.

Agonist and mbk1969 like this.
  7. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I see some people still dont get it, Gaming is dead, TV is dead, Movies are dead too.
    The last 10 years been downhill ride into insanity, into clown world.
    These politically motivated diversity hires are destroying the entertainment world with each passing day.
    They turned Paid Entertainment into Paid Woke Propaganda.
    Thats like the ultimate leftie business plan: the bourgeoisie are giving away their money without a fight and paying for agitprop instead of real entertainment.

Agonist, Why_Me, Solfaur and 2 others like this.
  8. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    The old man says, yelling at the clouds.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2021
    fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    +1

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Yeahhhh.

Don't post stuff this this again please.

Loobyluggs and alanm like this.

11. Celcius

Celcius Master Guru

GPU:
    Orchid Pro Designer
    The Spice must flow...

MegaFalloutFan likes this.
  12. EJocys

EJocys Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 1070
    I think, you got it right in general. I saw this behaviour in Soviet Union - people in charge would take money of others and spent a lot of it on pushing ideology instead of focusing on product quality or what customers want. Creative and ideologically "incompatible" people would be ostracised. Many, who lived in soviet countries can recognize signs of ideological collectivism spreading again like fire. Unfortunately, the rest are in sweeping problems under the carpet and repeating history mode. Capitalism is still working and companies with bad products are loosing a lot of money. After Battlefield 4, DICE is sticking to their major bad decisions, despite claiming opposite, which is not a good sign for Battlefield franchise.

13. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    I was born in USSR and my parents immigrated in the 1990, but i lived there for 10 years, the Gorbachev era, remember the Chernobyl we lived in Ukraine but the air was blowing the otehr side so it spared us.
    People dont understand whats coming for them and it will be much worse, at least USSR was conservative socially and Russia still is.

Why_Me likes this.