Battlefield 2 demo problems with ATI drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Umi_Ryuuzaki, Jun 10, 2005.

1. hypnotoad24

hypnotoad24 Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    okay, if its crashing or whatever for you, make sure AA is off, ull have to deal with jaggies for now :p at least thats how it is for me with 5sixes.

as for aa not working, put your graphics card settings to APPLICATION PREFERENCE, then change it to your desired AA in the game options themselves, and im sure you'll see the diffrence :) alas, i cannot run more than a few minutes without it locking up with aa, not that it doesnt run smooth. lets see which will fix it first, patch , or 5.7s :p

2. mildew

mildew Member Guru

GPU:
    Triplex 9800pro
    i must say i am astonished at how flaky this demo is.

looks like a cash in on the popularity of bf to me...

m

3. Methusaleh

Methusaleh New Member

GPU:
    Radeon AIW 9700 PRO
    The demo runs fine on 9700pro with AA off. Very underwhelming demo, btw.

4. horse

horse Maha Guru

GPU:
    PowerColour HD4870
    Turn off catyalst AI! I dont know why, but it was the only thing which worked for me.

5. Aquadigio

Aquadigio New Member

GPU:
    ASUS 8800GT 512mb
    Hi i have done all the things ive been reading on forums but i still cant get the Demo to start. is there a patch or driver fix out yet? what should i do?

6. sinkor

sinkor Active Member

GPU:
    X800 PRO MSI
    I used the Omega 5.1 and it crashed with blue screen on me :(

I am so so grrrrrh!

and now I am using 5.5 and my most played game raven shield can't even work on 5.6!

7. eyepiz

eyepiz Member

GPU:
    ATI 1800XT
    Hi Guys,

I keep geting kicked by Punkbuster "Empty win32 Module List"

What the hell is that!

anyone getting the same thing? dont know if its driver related but I would apretiate any help.

Thanks.

8. sonic7

sonic7 Member

GPU:
    Hercules 3D Prophet 9800Pro 128MB
    Does any1 has succesfully played the Demo on a Win2K Machine?
    Stupid Demo always goes back to the Desktop and im not willing to upgrade to XP just because EA ist too stupid to program something right for more than "the" mainstream OS.

9. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    I had a shader problem with this demo on my 6800ultra oc but the game told me to upgrade my driver from 71.89 to a driver included in the game folder, it turned out to be the latest 77.30 forceware driver that came out 06/11/05. And the shader problem dissappeared , not only that this driver works better for my other games also... I say bravo to e/a on this game because they included a driver with the game that fixed the problems, and it improves performance. Ati guys may have to wait till the 5.7 catalyst to fix their problems.

10. dominant1

dominant1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga Gtx1070 Superclocked
    double post

11. Grahf

Grahf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Heh, don't why you guys are having problems.

In the demo menu, I have all settings on HIGH, except; shadows are OFF, dynamic lighting is set to MEDIUM, antialiasing set to NONE.
    1280x1024 (through command line trick), sound quality set to "high" hardware EAX.

Looks gorgeous.

Yes there are jaggies though.... BF2 uses a very impressive optimization routine to try to make the game run well on your hardware.

12. Skaarix

Skaarix Guest

www.nvidia.com

You can get over 300k from them.

13. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    I use the command line trick for 1280x1024 ... but how do you know it works ? What res do you guys sellect in your profiles ? Does the command line override the game or what ?

Kind regards
    Web Wiper

14. Eej

Eej Member

Yes, the command line trick works. If you really want to verify for yourself, check your monitor's "Information" menu to see what resolution and refresh rate you are running at.

15. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    You should notice the difference in-game. Everything looks much crisper, lower resolutions are always blurrier.

16. Webwiper

Webwiper Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Extreme X850XT @ PE with Artic ATI Silencer 5
    This seems to be right

thx

Kind regards
    Web Wiper

17. dillinger2006

dillinger2006 Member

GPU:
    nVidia 7600 gs 256meg
    Was gonna dl this, but after reading about all the probs don't think i'll bother.

18. Reddog27

Reddog27 New Member

ATI cards turn application preferances on in control panel than use antialiasing settings in bf2s settings wala no more jaggies..............In other words turn antialiasing off in control panel..Turn antistrophic off in control panel....when your in the video settings of bf2 adjust antialiasing as much as your card can handle no more jaggies looks just like the screen shots its a great game!!!I have a amd 2400 with a ati 9500 softmodded to 9700 specs have all settings on medium with 2x antialiasing works great....if your on a good server bump it up to 4x...Got this info from TWEAKGUIDES.COM check it out ......

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  19. Psychosematic

Psychosematic Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xGTX 570 @ 800/1600/2000
    I haven't had a single problem with the BF2 Demo on my machine. I run it at 1024x768 High with 2x AA and I get 40-80fps using Cat 5.6.

The game is absolutely awesome, BTW... I dunno how any fan of the series could say otherwise.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2005
  20. Freddoww

Freddoww Member Guru

GPU:
    x800 pro 535 / 1160 + fat1lity
    use the latest omega drivers, i got a big performance!