Battlefield 2 demo problems with ATI drivers?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Umi_Ryuuzaki, Jun 10, 2005.

1. Umi_Ryuuzaki

Umi_Ryuuzaki Member

GPU:
    nVidia 6200
    I saw this on filecloud.com

"NOTE:: EA has confirmed that Catalyst v5.5 for ATi Radeon cards may cause texture issues and nasty bugs. The game has been tested successfully under Catalyst v5.1."

Just letting ATI people know in the event they are having problems with the new Battlefield 2 demo. Someone confirm this? If so, lets coorinate something to help people get this demo to work for everyone.

(Yes I have a nVidia card, but I just wanted to let people know whats up)

2. BEERandSEX

BEERandSEX Active Member

GPU:
    ATI X1950XT
    I'm using the 5.6's and it seems like aa is not working because there are some wicked jaggies going on i have my options set to 6x aa and 8x af dunno what it is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2005
  3. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    Hmm... could anyone supply me with a link to the BF2 Demo? The Gamespot and Download.com servers are being raped at the moment.

4. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    All the servers are packed, you might want to join the queue here,

BF 2 servers link thread

5. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    Thanks Billabong, looks like it's gonna take a while...

To stay more on topic, sometimes demos limit the image quality so that you're more inclined to buy the full version to see the max quality. I believe it was like this with the Farcry demos (although I may be wrong, I haven't played in a while).

6. hunterking

hunterking Member

GPU:
    Ati/X800xl/256mb
    Ive had serious issues with my x800 xl artifacts with 5.5s, system freezes with 5.6, and just general bad performance and even 2 wierd blue screen freezes with the reccomended 5.1s.

7. xg-ei8ht

xg-ei8ht Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1gb 6870 Sapphire
    are u overclocking ur graphics card?

Artifacts is only caused by memory overclock or crappy memory to begin with.

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    Not had any artifacts, but the system freezes and bad performance is what i'm having problems with at the moment.
    Not sure if this is a common, or indeed widespread. Hopefully it is.

9. mehdi

mehdi Maha Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970
    I set aa to six in the ingame menu and it works perfectly doesnt work if you set it any lower and i dont have performance probs at all playing at full settings excepy lighting is at meduim by default 1024 960 no drops in fps at all runs better than BFV lol.It might be your cpu

10. Raven'sBlood

Raven'sBlood Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GTX
    I dont have that problem.

[​IMG]

11. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    Hmm... I'm not getting artifacts really, just lots of bugs (black screen when I zoom, non-textured guns, transparent guns). Not all the time, but those are some of things I get. Maybe it's because there's no option for 1280x1024, but it doesn't seem like the AA works for me either. The textures don't look too wonderful as well. I still think EA put quality caps on the demo, can't get the full quality you should be able to get (they better have 1280x1024 as an option when it releases or I'm gonna kill someone).

12. mildew

mildew Member Guru

GPU:
    Triplex 9800pro
    bf2 demo reboots my box. removed all o/c and o/v - still reboots.
    im running 5.6 cats - i will just give up on bf2 rather than mess round any more:)

m

13. Darrin

Darrin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PX7800GTX @ 450/1250
    Damn, I hope I can get it to run :eek:

They may be a demo patch in a day or so if lots are having issues.

I wont buy the game until I see the demo though.

14. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    The demo is very good as it is now, but it does look a little dark and bland as it is at the moment. Boiling Point was the same untill they optimized for ATI cards...

With 6x AA on its jaggy as hell for me. Dosen't make any difference in my view. Needs a patch ASAP for ATI users.

Looking of the EA Battlefield 2 forums, and i find i'm not alone in having problems with the game. Other ATI users report crashing, performance issues.

From what i've heard the demo is the final version on the game that will be shipped out on release. If this is the case then shame on the developers and EA for make such a cock up.

15. Kenshai

Kenshai Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus Radeon 9800XT / 479/790
    mine won't even start, it comes up black screen as if its going to start, then goes back to windows, and closes.

16. Umi_Ryuuzaki

Umi_Ryuuzaki Member

GPU:
    nVidia 6200
    From TotalBF2.com

Ironic that the link is to here @ guru3d.com...lol

17. PsXDnS

PsXDnS Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 9800 XT @ 434/389
    Yup, AA definately doesn't work. Shame too, I can't stand the jaggies, seriously, it's worse than horrible :(.

18. Hobbla

Hobbla Member Guru

GPU:
    NVidia GTX 1080 FE
    Woohoo! I figured out how to change the resolution to 1280x1024 (or any other resolution for that matter). Change your shortcut path to this:

"C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2 Demo\BF2.exe" +menu 1 +fullscreen 1 +szx 1280 +szy 1024

That should work unless you installed the game somewhere else. Just change the parameters for different resolutions. Looks muuuuuch better now :D

19. DeathtrapX

DeathtrapX Master Guru

GPU:
    x800 XT 256mb sapphire 500/500
    The game runs for me decently. Amd 3200 64 bit, 9800 pro, gig of ddr. But it doesn't run that great. I'll be buying an x800 XT soon, sick of this 9800 pro.

20. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon Graphics
    I've found a work around for AA. If you set it to let app decide in the control panel, and pick 6x in the options menu, in BF2. Works a treat then.