Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah, +1

2. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    you can turn the entire hud off , or elements of it :)

3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    damn. playing on PS4. these visuals. what engine is this. i started PS4 BF4 to see if it is similar. no way. so enhanced.

game is in turkish on me. Language is English but all kind of subtitles and menus r turkish. can't change. wtf man i want English i can't understand a sht of turkish arms of gaming language. so foreign to me :(

already lvl 22 players

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  4. zixss

zixss Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Finally, made some upgrades here only for this game.As for some people, upgrade from Haswell to Skylake is not preferred, i made it because of the low price difference which cost me 100eu,by replacing the old motherboard,RAM and CPU , eg H85M, 8GB DDR3 and i5 4460 with i7 6700,H110M and 8GB DDR4 2400. I am not a clocker now and the reason for using mATX Caseand motherboard.
    Can`t wait for the release date.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Installed BF1 companion app, it's cool. You can customize loadouts during loading screens for instance. Have notifications when friends come online too.

Haven't figure out how to check my overall progression efficiently yet.

I'm lvl 22 but i'm kinda lost on my overall progression.

edit, from new battlelog:

[​IMG]

I've focused on Conquest and Assault/medic/support so far. Looks like a lot of people are praising the Scout class tho, need to give it a try!

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  6. DirtyDan

DirtyDan Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
    An uuupdated version of Frostbite. Same engine used on BC 2, BF3, BF4, BFH, Battlefront. This is heavily improved using photogrammetry and PBR shading. The engine is technically a work of art. Looks and runs phenomenal

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    So far so good.

Aint touched mp yet just got done with the first war story "mud and blood"

and... WOW!!!

They nailed it, the characters are likable, and very well rounded. I actually cared for them and even the tank they drove too which is saying something for a modern fps game.

However, I am finding the graphics to be somewhat terrible. It performs amazingly well aint seen it drop below 141fps in single player yet at Ultra settings.

However, the lighting they chose is simply awful. I have literally spent a lot of time messing with gamma, and my monitor settings to see if I had something wrong and nope its 100% the game.

Why does it seem as if I am always driving towards to the sun!???? It totally blinds you, and then when hiding behind a building with the sun behind it and turning the mouse away from the building the whole screen lights up like a Christmas tree. The lighting that bounces off the dirt on the road is so bright and unrealistic that it takes away from the detail on the ground too.

Apart from the lighting you can also tell that the geometry has taken a hit in detail too as now literally everything is destructible. So to get good performance they have scaled way back the detail here.

Other than these two things (lighting and geometry) the rest of the presentation looks amazing!

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Weird, because I don't have the same experience.
    The only fault I found was that the inside buildings were to dark...

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'm 26. :D

Operations are EPIC, just played Kaiserschalcht and Conquer Hell and maaaan these were intense, super close win on both. Shells from everywhere, total mayhem!

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    @CPC_RedDawn I somehow felt uncomfortable with lightning too.
    Even spent time trying to optimize my monitor but damn sometimes it gets really hard to clearly see your target.

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    shame a support class can't use any kind of rifle. or i am doing something wrong?

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    glad im not the only one then.

just completed the "friends in high places" war story and it was epic.

However, please god tell me that I am not seeing things in my older age now but the last part of the story where your actually walking on the blimp looks horrendously bad!?? The waving material on the blimp looks good but the lighting look terrible and the resolution seems to dip massively. Just look at the revolver your holding. It looks pixelated to hell.

Things like this make me want a new monitor, been eyeing up the Asus ROG Swift PG279 165Hz IPS 1440p ;D

13. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    No dips is res here, Game looks stunning.

Also i have the monitor you mentioned and its the best ive ever had.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Ow the Sniper Class is way off in this game. Every BF game I've played I always ended up playing an extensive period as a sniper and not to blow my own trumpet here but I was pretty damn good ;) but in this game I just can't seem to get on top of it.

Bullet drop seems weirdly off vs the distance you are aiming at, it took me a good few sighting rounds to work out that you don't have to compensate for bullet drop anywhere near as much as you seemed to need to in previous BF games.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Press V to change distance, zeroing.

16. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    The tank mission... Through the mud or whatever it's called. I get to a point where I have to clear the path through the forest. There's a couple of bunkers, some anti tank guns... take them all out, nothing happens.

Bugged.

17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Finished here with no problems, twice even.

18. niczerus

niczerus Guest

GPU:
    MSI GamingX 580 4GB
    I see a weird graphic bug with ilumination with no AA , and fxaa , with TXA this not happen .

19. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Probably one enemy hiding somewhere. I cleared the hill with bunkers, and nothing happened. Then I realized they send light tanks in to assist, and one of them was stuck (outside of the walkable area), so I went and killed it which enabled the mission to continue.

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Yes, i had this issue, there's a tank sometimes stuck at the entrance of the area check it out. it's stuck at the border of the map where enemy pop.