1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Feed_Bucket

Feed_Bucket Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC

In actuality SWBF is a historical shooter.

WW1 shooter is a definite no since trench warfare does not fit into the BF gameplay style. COD already dominates the futuristic warfare market so I think the best bet would be WW2 but I'd prefer an 80s Cold War action movie setting...Battlefield 5: Spies Like Us.

2. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    An alternate history mid to late cold war era game would be fantastic.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Steam Punk.... calling it..

4. kapo

kapo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1
    1942 was great as was the desert combat mod. I miss the days where every vehicle and rocket launcher didn't lock on to you and you had to actually aim and do something for yourself.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I loved that map in 1942 where you could fly full speed into the hangar and the airplane hit the back wall of the hangar and stop you instantly, you didn't explode, just stop... then you could turn around and fly out.. xD

Best way to get someone off your tail on that map... can't remember it's name.... so long ago...

6. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    They need to remake BF2. A massive graphics, physics and sound remaster. Then, tweak the balance and general game.

7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Loved BF1942 bots. Mostly played it with my by then GF against bots :D

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Desert Combat Mod. My real life was on paused at the time :nerd:

I wish they go for 1942, with nowadays graphics they could do some damn great things !!

9. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Imagine they'd even make a good SP part... with WWI or WWII this could go towards the direction of Bad Company, only in a setting that's closer to Indiana Jones (the real one, not fancy alien crystal junkies) or Uncharted.

10. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    It has to be set in the future, why? Because it is the only logical conclusion given past releases of the series. WW2 has been flogged to death. No one will care for another one.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Not sure people wouldn't buy another WWII or present day military title. It's just, it wouldn't be new, it would be what we already have, and people wouldn't stick to playing it. I personally see that after 2 years of BF4 I'm pretty much fed up. Battlefront is not my game, so I am already feeling that the next BF is taking too long.

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GT 840M
    Even more reason for it to be set in the future. Without the constraints of modern or past weapons it can be a huge plus point for the fun factor.

13. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah, think so too ;)

14. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 GTX
    will it be 2 total different games/tasks for the programmer if the game should be a mix of ex. WW2 and future?

It would be amazing if you could select scenerie (WW2 or future) in multiplayer just as you selecet maps and weapons :)

I personally bought Black Ops 3 because I tried the singleplayer and liked it. But I sure was disapointed when played multiplayer... These are 2 total different games... really weird actually.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  15. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I hope its not too into the future :p I am pretty fed up with modern combat, so wouldnt mind something like +/- 30 years or so.

I would also like factions to have unique weapons, when each army had their own unique guns and you woulnt see americans running around with AK-47 for example.
    Also none of this stupid wall running,jet pack or anything crazy like that.

16. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 GTX
    If I remember correctly this is how it was in MOH2010...

One of my favorites online games at that time. I like the present day themes.

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well forget about Battlefield's SP 'campaign', it's not even worth mentioning. And probably won't be with BF5 either.

But they won't do both in one game, would be too many weapons, too advanced gadgets etc. Out of power and balance reasons nobody would use a tommygun when you can have a greatly accurate laser rifle that hast double the ammo and can damage light vehicles.

+30 years won't be so different from now, -30 years is BF3/4 without the soldier gadgets.

18. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am fine without the gadgets :D But what exact gadgets would you miss tho? Still had mines, RPG, repair tool, shock pads, medpack, supply...thats all you need :D

Personally, I dont want it to be similar to CoD with all those crazy gargets, wall running, spikes, nukes etc. I only played 2143 for a while so i cant exactly remember how it was, but i dont remember it being over the top.

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well the most hefty gadgets have been stuff like cloaking device for 'recon', but the rest wasn't so over the top (I would remember, I played it for a year or so in multiplayer). Loved the hovering jets though... either fly it like a jet or hover like a gunship, was so sexy :D

Yeah gadgets nobody would miss, UCAV, dozens of lock on stuff like SOFLAM and half of the missile launchers etc. It would just offer less for people playing hundreds of hours, not much to unlock and that. Or they might think about introducing RPG-like elements, like senior officers get extra grenades or such (nothing uncommon I'd say).

20. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Also whatever theme they do i want jets and chopper to run out of rockets so they have to go back to the base like it was in BF2!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016