Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    And if I have understood correctly, in the release version Tanks dont have 1 health bar. They have multiple "subsystems", like turret, tracks, engine etc. which individually can be disabled.

I think these repeated repair-cycles in Pre-Alpha are related to that? So they are first repairing turret (one circle), tracks (one circle) and engine (one circle) and so on...

2. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming
    Whilst I love the look of the gameplay, I know I will never be able to play at that level. My step son is pretty much like that on bf4 but me......well I suck pretty bad. Maybe I am just getting slower with age (45) but the reality is I was just never that good at multiplayer games. I will buy and any time I get positive kills I will be a happy man.

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You need to drink 2 cans of Fanta and eat a Cherry Ripe chocolate.. the large ones..

It will work I promise, you will be 360 no scoping in no time.

I believe in you senpai.

4. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I'm soon 40 and I'm doing alright (nowadays K/D is mostly on 2.5 on HC conquest games).

Just 2 things:
    - good gaming mouse, like Logitech G502, and use it on very low DPI like 300
    - good mouse pad, big (smooth traveling, accurate sensor)

There you go. That low DPI will make sure you cannot over react (over aim) on anything and you can track targets easily. If someone comes from flank or behind you dont need to able to react or turn, as in 90% cases you are already dead before the first bullets start flying anyway. It's not that much about reactions, yeah they matter, but it's more about angles and tactical movement, not running around.

Then you see how magically your K/D starts increasing, you stay alive longer and game starts to feel a lot more controlled and less chaotic :)

After that you can start concentrating on reactions, which will magically get better when your mouse is slower and you get your dot on target smoother with good control.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I can not wait to play with the snipers in this game, looks crazy fun.

Anyone feel like the gameplay is alot like BF1943?

6. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Huge BF1943/ BC2 Vietnam vibes going on for sure even the map felt BC2ish everything is "chunky" hard to explain but if BF3/4 were going for "authentic/realism/grounded" I feel this is more going for a BC2 over the top fun action film feel.

and yeah some people won't like that but a lot of the community wanted a bad company game and tbh this is close

7. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI

I feel your pain pal ,, im same age and always get my ass kicked in these games but i still enjoy them most of the time :):):):):):)

8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    The sniper play remind me of M1 garand play of MoH:AA, which is a great thing :p

9. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RTX 2060 S
    I wish newer games played like MOHAA and COD1 wich was focused towards skill. :(

You don't wanna know how many hours i've got into those games, could be higher then my time in WoW (10k hours+)

10. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    gtx 1080ti
    Thank you for these videos. I had not seen them yet.

The sniper gun play looked pretty tight, any idea how the network code/ hit detection is? and can you tell me what anti-cheat was used?

I would like to see the server browser, to see what they had put together. I understand battlelog won't be used.

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti

I've nothing against console, but you just can't promote precision shooting like MoH:AA did, while a huge part of the market is using a controller.

Most of the game are made to be played using a controller nowadays. The push to get a controller on your PC is bigger than ever.

The destruction of BF1 seems awesome!!!

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
  12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I call fake! But only because of the 9gag tag to the left, and people not knowing how the by then factions were called (it's Austria-Hungary, not Austro-Hungary...) ;)
    But besides that yeah, that's what it is. Wouldn't be new anyway, remember back in the day when you got additional 'factions' by buying the expansion packs, like spec ops or what's it called to play as Speznas and so on.

Thanks, will have to have a look today.

13. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
  15. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Well I watched the vids, first one is rather rudimentary, but the sniper gameplay looked definately nice. That's what it looks like if a guy knows what he is doing, compare his kills with anything jackfrags did... day and night, and I stick to my opinion that jackfrags is not a good Battlefield player.

On the other hand, when the sniper was in that small house and in the ditch after it got hit (sniper video 3:50), I bet that texture glitch will still be present in the final version :D

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    FrankieonPC and Xfactor are pretty skilled in my opinion, I've seen Xfactor do some things that are like wtf did you just do with that pistol... he has very good situational awareness.

Frankie is just wtf... he makes silly mistakes sometimes but he is very good.

17. kegastaMmer

kegastaMmer Master Guru

GPU:
    strix 1070 GTX
    all of the hype is turning good now. Though, a few issues i see are-
    1. Forget censoring and go M-rated with gore, limbs flying with projectile impact, so less infant players in the servers, and more realistic and heavy vehicle impact. The prev 14min video of a vehicle running him down was very subltle. Maybe a little screen shake or color shake will help with a deep loud THUD sound ;D
    2. Entering and exiting vehicles should be scaled much lower to give a balanced counter. These kinds of slowdowns will make the game very immersive, and feel real even tho we know at the back of our mind its just not real. If these little tactical/technical things keep us awestruck complimenting the great visuals, the game will feel very personal.
    3. Please introduce rare chemical bombs or something alike to counter tanks and stuffs for those last stand kinda battles.
    4. Respect the community, which is mature and still wants to have fun, not some manchild ageing 12. Skill(reward)patches over mass-magnet-patches. If the turds at EA understand that BF is unique, and that they trust themselves they can do justice to its community, their past mistakes of trying to hoard CoD or CSGO players must stop. This series will grow if it becomes more original, little realistic little arcade, but nit TOO FAST and not to o s l. o. w.

But , EA being EA, we can hope some other studio to beat them to this.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    1. I would definately enjoy that. Using a sharpened shovel to cut off arms and legs? Sure, I'm in.
    2. I think the issue is time needed to enter a vehicle vs. time needed to destroy it. If it can happen too fast, you're screwed although you shouldn't exict a tank at first hit. If it takes to long to kill it, tanks would be op. I still hope for special hitboxes / areas with specified vehicle systems behind them, as in destroying it's tracks, damaging it's main gun or motor besides destroying it by getting through it's armor (which again could be really alocated to sides). Would make tank play much more interesting imho.
    3. Well as far as I know there have been big guns that could damage armor as they were heavy and packed a punch. Wasn't easy to handle and carry around though, and with hitboxes for systems it could easily counter for any chemical weapons that hardly damage a tank by itself (maybe killing the crew only :D )
    4. If they invite streamers who only say what EA wants to say and does what EA wants them to do, and those people are their gameplay testers, this will never end up being a mature environment. Just like with 1. the problem is sales... they would miss out on 50% of their sales probably if they make this game R or for mature audiences or PEGI 18+.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I have played BF with Jack quite a bit and imo he's a very good infantry player but I early see him use vehicles. FrankieonPC Has been caught cheating in many games so to me any skill he shows is void.

anywho...

There are anti tank shells in the game they don't do massive damage but they can be used to take the weapons out or even the tracks.

also getting out of vehicles is instant BUT your gun is down and it takes a good second or 2 to be able to fire so if someone forces you out of your vehicle they will have the upperhand no more teleporting out and instant gibbing people.

20. the9quad

the9quad Master Guru

GPU:
    1080ti MSI Gaming-X

Jack is a scrub, hasn't been playing since 42', and has a console mentality.. EA doesn't listen to a single soul who has been playing since the O.G.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016