1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
  2. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    Community is split btw enjoying playing world war 1 weapons or modern weapons,which for bf1 was a bit of a bore after a while,while this is my fourth or fifth year with bf4 and still love fo play it

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    There is no doubt that the weapons have a lot to do with it, but it also has a lot to do with map design and the other features too. The majority of the maps in BF1 are kind of bad.. or at least for my play style and preferences. I'm honestly surprised BF1 didn't have more maps like Amiens or Ballroom Blitz when instead a lot of the maps are very wide-open and seem to prefer the defensive/sniper stance. Galacia.. or even almost that entire Russian DLC.. ugh... I would also love to argue that the conquest assault mode and serious lack of good balancing on these newer maps killed a lot of the playerbase. BF4 after all the patches is just a better game. The weapon attachments and variety, the big "levelution" dynamic changes, the maps, and even the TTK felt better. It could be argued that the WW1 setting and modern appeal of BF4 is the reason, but I just don't buy that. You could make a game about any war or combat situation interesting if it's done right. BF1 is a great game and I have enjoyed it, but there is no doubt that there was the typical 2 steps forward 3 steps back kind of deal (or however that saying goes).

ramthegamer likes this.
  4. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    i agree that s why i enjoy bf4 a lot more and still play until today, today i joined a server only pistols no frag no nothing, great gameplay, i loved it, add me on origin kolt, name is:ghostryder1985

Kolt likes this.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Sent. My ID is Koltxlvii

ramthegamer likes this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    guys anyone selling his bf4 premium code or something, i would like to have access to all maps actually.
    guys i have a problem, it says cannot connect to ea servers, you are offline,in bf4, is it servers down, or someone banned me...???

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
  9. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    So I just got this and I was going to practice when I noticed there is no test area. The only option seems to be to join an empty server and hope it doesn't fill up.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    What do you need to test (on an empty server) anyway? No one was even using testrange or crap so they skipped it in BF1. You test perf, etc. not on an empty server but on a full one with 64 players...
    Let me guess, you would also prefer to "test" against bots, too? Welcome to modern gaming.

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    You can use campaign mode for many things, like control setup and sensitivity for example.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    And thats about it. Cos Campaing is in absolute no way to compare with Multiplayer. Also SP using almost different controls.

13. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Well, it plays the same, doesn’t it? I think the controls do copy over.
    Of course it doesn’t help much for multiplayer, but I like to start with my graphics and controls
    set up correctly.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yes, but still, thats what i meant. We all know no one really buys the game cos of its Singleplayer. So then again, changing and setting up your graphics for SP will have a difference on Multiplayer, so you have to change them again for MP. ;)

15. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    Yeah, I would absolutely prefer the original game with bots on the MP maps and all the various things you could do. But it's pretty clear with the last 6 or 7 Battlefield releases that they aren't doing that anymore. So the only option for anyone that wants a little training is to be a noob on full servers, wasting planes that they don't know how to use yet, driving tanks they cannot use effectively and otherwise wasting time during a match seeing how things work.

As mentioned, SP (campaign) mode is not the same as MP mode and it's not all that helpful for trying things out.

So yet another feature has been removed from this series. I've been playing BF since the '42 Wake demo so I can't say I'm surprised.

cerebus23 likes this.