Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    They are testing a new build to hotfix their lagging mess. Due MS and Sony certification crap probably takes 1 week. So Early Access Premium new DLC cut in half btw.

2. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Not even slightly true, here in Oceania all the maps get played all the time

3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I wouldn't quite say that. I find it very easy to find expansion servers. In fact there are loads of them and I almost always just play on mixed map servers.

I would, however, agree that it isn't worth getting premium in EA games, but that is for another reason. They are overpriced and a really stupid business model that does split the community up. If you buy the expansion pass for 15EU then yes, it would be worth it at that price, but it's still EA and still a crappy model.

So the best answer is this:

Do you like BF1 and want more maps?
    Yes? Get the premium for 15.
    No? Don't.

I would not buy it for anything over 20 these days. I was stupid and got the premium on release which I won't be doing ever again (if at all)

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Yeah,..i learned that about premium on lasts BF already and got it on Wintersale for 15 €. Tho i already bought the 1st DLC for 15 €, too. But still, a good price and i wouldnt have paid more, too.

Im happy to try the new maps...if they fixed the stuttering...but until then its unplayable for me. The only thing which is barely working, sitting in an Airship at the Guns in Air Assault, lol.

Kolt likes this.

5. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    The new maps themselves are pretty cool, but the Conquest Assault mode makes them not so much. I recently found out about the Liven Projectors (video here) so it seems like we (as a community) are just not doing the mode correctly. With that being said though, Dice should know how most matches go and how coordinating stuff like Liven Projectors isn't what usually happens in a real public match. You usually have someone camping that stuff going for a high KD/R, making most of my matches on these maps a horribly one-sided game. It hasn't been the best experience, lag or not.

The new weapons though.. I really like them. Or at least the new LMG and the anti-air assault rocket. Why are we just now finally getting more anti-air equipment?!? The new RSC assault gun is very powerful vs a single foe and limited CQ situations, but it is very gimmicky and I don't see it being used too much.

ShadowDuke likes this.
  6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Stutter hotfix going live monday.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018
  7. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Just he patchnotes:

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    for me i just can t play anymore sp campaigns, unless its a wolfenstein or a farcry game, which catch my interest still, can t stand anymore linear games, unless its engaging enough with great story.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Wolfenstein and Farcry is more linear, lol..farcry is copypaste every title, its boring as hell..and i cant stand any more boring repetitve copypaste open world game.

10. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    I still encounter bugs everytime when i log into BF1. Getting buggy animations looping, blocked in reloading, blocked in map. Some bugs that were already there in beta.

After such time since BF1 release , it's clear there's been a decrease in overall quality and technical polish from the Battlefield serie since BF4.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    To each their own.
    But for me, a campaign... be it story driven, or mindless fun... is the only reason to play. So long as it's fun.

Linear is not a bad word. It in no way means "bad", which far too many people seem to think it does. Some of the most highly praised games ever made a linear titles. DOOM is a linear game. The entire Half-Life series.
    Personally, I feel the open-world boom has gotten WAY beyond played out.

Just because a game can be ope to semi-open world, in no way means it needs to be.
    I loved Shadow Warrior 2, but I feel it would've been a far better game had it been a level to level, linear game like it's previous entry.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    The most infuriating bugs I tend to get are after being revived. I've been revived with no weapons or the ability to shoot so many times before. I've also been revived into a fit of serious character twitching plenty of times as well as being revived into floors and geometry. It was a big issue in BF4 and still exists in BF1.

XenthorX likes this.
  13. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Strange, I play BF1 almost every evening and have never encountered any of these problems

14. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    This one happens to me sometimes, it's like your character has parkinsons lol. Can be fixed by entering a vehicle or mounted gun.

15. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Really? Count yourself lucky then.. happens to me and my friends every now and then. It isn't every match, or even every day or week, but it's enough to wonder why it hasne't been fixed.

Yes! You know exactly what I mean. Parkinsons is a good way to put it. I didn't know going into a vehicle or mount works.. will have to keep that in mind. The first time it happened to me I seriously questioned whether or not it was some kind of random realism encounter where they wanted to give you the feeling that your guy was pissing his pants in shock or something because of what was going on around you.

big ROBOT bill likes this.

16. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    I got in the Incursions Alpha, installed 25gb and went to the practice and checked out the classes/kits after 20min of messing around killing dummies(1:00am) i went for a match. There was 0 matches found. I was shocked and disappointed.

17. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    Invites were sent about a month ago. Gave it a shot, gave feedback and uninstalled after 2 weeks

18. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    I've been playing a few games on hardcore lately and it's pretty intense, it's quite different when one shot kills are the norm, no spotting, no killcam, friendly fire on

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    I think growing up makes u feel like this, with how many sp games i played my whole life, for me the interest is going to playing online with friends, been playing the free game black squad lately,so much fun, crossover btw bf and cs go

20. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Master Guru

GPU:
    GB RX 5700 XT OC
    Like this? :D

Kolt and XenthorX like this.