Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I just hope, if anything of the above is true, that females are just as easily to hit as males. No smaller hitboxes or sh*t, and I'm serious.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Like Oddjob in 007 Golden Eye on the N64? hehe..

I know what you mean though, for the sake of gameplay balancing.

I think it would be pretty cool if we could have our own custom character.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Cough Unreal Tournament -> everyone dancing around with a female.

4. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    It would be about balancing, yes. As those are all just computer figures, I'd have no problem shooting them up, no matter if they feel like being a girl or not.

But IF you get some bonus out of it like smaller hit boxes or faster movement or just a smaller character in total, I'd play a female character too, what do I care in FPS, won't see it much anyway :D

Yeah, bloody annoying.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm quite concerned with BF5 being set in near future. And 'rushed-out' since december while most people shifted from Battlefront.

The last Miami Dice game was a let down, BF4 had an awkward launch but great support in time.

6. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    'Near future' only means 'normal' battlefield, no WW1 like people thought (total bs if you ask me), no WW2, no Vietnam, and not 2143 as some have feared. It's basically BF3 -> BF4 -> BF5, all within the same setting more or less if this keeps true.

Battlefront was a fail, and BF5 won't be much more of an upgrade to BF4 than BF4 was to BF3 I'm afraid. Can't imagine them wonderously doing a completely new game in so little time. Battlefront screwed up their main franchise schedule if you ask me, and I am quite positively biased that EA made them do Battlefront (of which I am no friend either).

So that's what we get, Battlefront, and a Battlefield game that doesn't really bring much new stuff. Everybody not playing Battlefront and waiting for BF5 got screwed over, imho.

7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X

Battlefront wasn't a failure. It was an arcadi-er approch of the battlefield genre than DICE Battlefield games and original Battlefront franchise, playable by Star Wars enthusiasts without any afinity for competitive shooters. It brought a great level of immersion to the genre. The Endor map is just a freaking kick in the butt for how great it looks and feels, and there's not lot's of game recently that pushed those boundaries: you can feel the passion that went into it.

Seriously, taking on a beloved Star Wars franchise 10 years after was suicide mission and i feel DICE did an awesome job. It's not as competitive as former battlefront games, but personnaly i do not care.

Commercially speaking, Battlefront was a success, not sure it needs to be said.

On BF5 side, i wish they've got some nice surprises for us, otherwise the Battlefield franchise might die sooner than expected :/. I wish we get more in BF4->BF5 than BF3->BF4

8. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I have to say I disagree. I don't care about how much money they make, as a gamer / customer for me it's about what I get for my money. And in that regard it's a joke.
    Also, if you make the Battlefield game style more arcade like, you move away from it. It's no new take, Battlefield is just not arcade. COD is arcade. They made a new game, because if you look at the gameplay, it's nothing like other Battlefield games.

As in immersion, that only depends on how much gamers are not able to immerse themselves with other games. If you are not a SW fan (and those exist), it offers nothing more than any other game with good graphics.

Personally, as you like Battlefront, I don't. It's as easy as that.

But yeah, I have the feeling too that it all went down to the disadvantage of true Battlefield gamers and games in 2016.

9. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I am pretty sure BF5 has been in development way before they put all resources to it after Battlefront so i wouldnt worry about "rushed" product in 12 months

I really dont like idea of SP tho, would rather have bots so you can learn maps/guns/vehicle controls. Test range is lame.

10. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    I have loved the Battlefield series since the Wake Island demo dropped. I played that demo relentlessly for months. We still play Battlefield 2 LAN (AIX2) as well as 42/DC on our home server quite frequently.

To me, the series has become stagnant and kind of boring. I still load up BF4 on occasion, but these newer iterations get far, far less playing time than 1942/BF2 ever had. I still play those games.

Problems I have with this series now:
    --Same. BF3/BF4/BF5 look to be essentially the same game with a few new features but similar time-frame and settings. Initially we went to WW2, then we did Vietnam, then Modern, then Future. We've since shifted to modern gear and broke off the shifter. I personally would love to return to the WW2 setting (but sadly, the micro-transactions will keep this game modern)
    --Lack of usable Content. No mod support means no cool new mods or maps. We get what they give us. Add in all the inevitable re-hashes of old maps and there is a dire lack of content here. (compare to BF2, my map folder has over 400 unique maps).
    --A completely pointless and utterly stupid single player campaign rather than the original offline bot mode (and coop) which was really quite similar to playing an online game. 1942, BFV, BF2 and 2142 all had this (as well as mod support) and still get played 10-14 years later. If nothing else, this mode was far more effective for training than the new, lifeless "Test Server". You might actually spend time learning on Coop but the Test Server is so boring that why would you bother? I can't believe they spend so much money developing a game mode (SP campaign) that literally no BF player cares one iota about rather than developing the original offline coop/bot mode that many BF fans do still desire. (?)
    --Abundance of frivolous Content. Why are there 17 grips/skins/scopes for some random pistol? Who really cares and what a waste of gaming resources to have put so much into frivolous content while delivering less actual; usable content (like more new maps or making bots).

I'm personally ready to move away from all these insta-kill, dumb-fire modern weapons and back to the WW2 setting. It's a far more compelling arena and it felt like strategy was a bit more involved (when playing bf1942) than it feels now.

11. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Well to be fair, I never bought BF3 or BF4 for the SP mode. So yeah... never cared about it tbh.

12. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Cant agree more with you mate! Sadly i really doubt we will see proper mod support, otherwise EA wont be able to cash in on the map DLCs.

13. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    I tried bf4 MP on Xbox one. Surprised the fun. At least K owing no cheaters around is easing. And the person who uses gamepad, mostly gets the shot.

But shame some admin kicked me because I was good and killed him in a row.

May bought bf 5 on consoles too.

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    BF5 has been in making since the moment BF4 shipped, most of the DLC for BF4 was made by none main DICE and the frostbite engine has its own dedicated team (REPI from the bf dev team and gang) working on it none stop.

Hopefully this lets them focus on gameplay first and let the engine team work on that side.

and yeah them "leaks" lol

Game will be shown very soon(tm)

15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Funny part is that solo campaign makes sweet cinematics for marketing, but i've to admit both campaign were huge letdown. You don't play battlefield for the campaign anyway ^^...

16. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Exactly. If it wasn't for weapons unlocks I wouldn't even have played SP mode in BF4 :)

17. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I bought BC2 for the MP but the SP was really fun and solid, then again I wouldn't mind it been like BF2 and just have bots and no SP but if that's the case I expect 15 solid maps at release if they want full price still.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I wish that I could choose if I want to install the Multiplayer by itself or Singleplayer by itself or both at the same time when installing the game.

Just separating the two would do wonders for saving space.

I mean BF4 is nearly 100gb ffs.. and I haven't played singleplayer since......... a very long time ago, stupid stuff like this just pisses me off.

19. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Shared assets.

DICE LA managed to make a custom MP only client with everything it needed with no SP for the CTE hopefully that will be used going forward in BF5

20. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Bad Compagny 2 SP was pretty awesome, characters were pretty funny as far as i remember ^^....