Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Good to know empires is fixed, not had the chance to play today ;_;

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'm not a big fan of the new map, it's basically the campaign map with a crashed behemoth. Worse thing is that they didn't do an Operation with it, and I personally only play Operations ever since I discovered how awesome they are. Conquest feels incredibly slow and frustrating now as a solo player... Rush is just not fun with so few players, Domination is okay if you want infantry only combat, but still, Operations is the best of all worlds. :nerd:

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I only did have the time to do a quick check on the game, and gladly I noticed it works without flickering again! Time to get back onto the Battlefield! :banana:

4. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    My game is stuck at 15 fps since the patch.. couldn't be bother to investigate further. Alt F4

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Nothing to add to that.

Anybody tried out the changed weapons so far and noticed a difference? Haven't had the time myself tbh. But I don't expect the "best weapon" choice to change I guess?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Martini yes, lower dmg to torso below and arms, legs. You'll notice it directly.

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Thanks for the input! Well as I've not been playing since the last patch I haven't been able to unlock the Martini, I know, shame on me hehe

But he also said that this rifle was insane, good to know they sort of nerfed it. Will get there eventually :)

8. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI DUKE OC
    Not a fan of the new buff for planes. Mount Grappa's just full of bombers and they are lethal. Also, wtf is up with pistols being more powerful than machine guns? New map is the worst of the lot and just feels like it's be quickly put together. On another note...Sniper really need to be limited, it's actually killing the game for me. Mix that with the fact that Dice doesn't seem to give a **** about cheaters and has a piss poor anti cheat solution and you have a game that I don't think will be around for long. Don't get me wrong, I love it but the the gripes are great big ones that don't seems to be getting looked at.

9. Kono

Kono Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 / 8GB
    yeah.. I was surprised by the planes buff. Honestly, the game was way more fun and balance at launch. Right now, it feel like it is all over the places. Getting worse with each patches.. :bang:

And agreed, the new map is junk, they should remove it. Probably the worse map ever in battlefield I have played.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2016
  10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I think the map was thought out as a single player map, I mean, in the campaign I liked it quite a bit. However playing it multiplayer is different, I really don't like it either. Sinai Desert was the opposite, it was clearly designed for multiplayer, as in the campaign it felt pretty much empty.

11. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Mini
    Nerfing the flak cannon was Dice at their best as usual. If the pilots didn't want to get shot at/down, get their squad and teammates to take them out. Dynamite and limpets do it quite nicely. As it is now, the front gunner can kill you on the aa before it gets in range of your cannon. Totally agree with Kono on the launch. Only thing that was way off was the range of that railgun hunter shotgun and the fighter machine guns.

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Is this "combat fog" a new thing? Don't think I saw it before patches. Granted haven't played much yet.

Good way to debuff snipers I guess but found it annoying anyway.

13. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Every week new custom game mode.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So safe too assume that BF1 will FORCE you to update to the new driver just to play that game when no other game seems to care what driver you use.

15. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Possible hardcoded again, yes. But there is a way to avoid it and then is able to play not with the latest (needed) driver.

16. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 GTX
    Just got BF1 guys.

Is there an issue with DX12?

Seems the game continuously crashes either at loading or during the loading of a mission. Haven't tried online yet, just wanted to play the story a bit.

I had to open the profile settings file and manually change it back to DX11 to get the game to run. All the Graphic settings are maxed out and runs perfect, but if I dry DX12 it goes it ****.

Specs on the side are my rig, and I'm using 376.33 drivers.

17. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I haven't had the crashing issue, but on my 1070 DX11 still seemed smoother of an experience all around.

18. rogue221979

rogue221979 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 GTX
    Ok, I'll mess with it for now. I just didn't know if I'm missing some spectatcular visuals by not using DX12.

I'll play with the nvidia control panel settings a bit. Could be MSI afterburner causing issues as well, never gave that a thought.

19. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Visuals are the same so you aren't missing out.

20. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080Ti
    Bought it today and it crashed after 2 hrs of gameplay on DX11 (3rd MP game, had played SP before that). No temp problems or anything like that.

So, has DX12 matured since the beta? Was just a performance loss for nVidia earlier.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016