Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    @robertmor52
    not sure about that, will need to check when it rains.

However the viewing angle and direction/intensity of light matter too, screenspace reflections aren't always really visible.
    Maybe you just couldn't see them in those specific conditions.

Actually looking closer at the image you posted there seems to be a reflection at the part right above squad player names for example (lower left part of the puddle).

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  2. Zooke

Zooke Master Guru

GPU:
    So much better now, a solid 120fps 1440p ULMB with full Ultra settings and some left over to spare.

New map is, well it's one of the SP maps but that's new ..... right ?

3. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Oh that sounds promising :banana:

4. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Map, not patch! And this has been known since, even before release (also known due prev. Bf titles)...its also pretty normal that a lot of maps have SP origin.

btw. did they finally fix bad fps on certain maps, like empires edge?

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Yea figured that out after posting, was just about to edit my post. Thanks tho.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    So guys any improvements on the CPU usage issues?

I still have high CPU usage sometimes....

7. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    Not sure, I never had the problem too be honest but others say it has. The new map seems to be a bit of a mess with everyone gathering at 2 points and it becomes snipers on edge shooting in and tooooooo much fog.

8. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    " In addition, in Hardcore players will now get the Large Map for aiming indirect fire weapons. Spotted players will not show on the map unless Minimap Spotting is enabled in Custom Games.."

Re: the new mortars. So.... for HC, will they show up on the main map or not?

THIS IS THE PROBLEM WITH BF1 HARDCORE!

This is why you need to have a predefined set of parameters for HC mode as a starting point. Not just a list of toggles by which every clan out there who hosts a server can arbitrarily decide how you play. This change has made HC (and thus, the games longevity) utterly useless to me.

9. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    hm? They only said when firing mortar you will get the same map you get in vanilla, but without spotting ofc. So what should show up on the map anyway if 3d spotting etc. is disabled?

10. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    I'm just pointing out that not knowing what the default setting is (or in this case, not having one) forces you to have to play differently on a per server basis.

Obviously how the mortar works is a small issue and something you can easily adjust to. But the principal issue remains. It's a lazy implementation of the HC mode. And right now, it's not a problem. But longterm, it's not going to be like BF3 & 4 HC.

11. darrensimmons

darrensimmons Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GIGABYTE RTX3090 OC
    According to a guy over on the Nvidia forums a new driver will be released tomorrow.

12. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    SLI fixed :D

13. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    Thanks guys!

Btw, Im pretty sure its not looking correctly and not a viewing angle nor reflections behaviour as when in game, at any other weather, in the same spot reflections were working perfectly...also, no matter what puddle I look at, they all look totally black at any angle so its not working fine...the thing is knowing if its only me or more people with the problem and if its due to drivers or bf1.

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Empires edge bad fps fixed. Overall seems a smoother experience. Done 5 matches so far since the new patch.

15. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Good to know empires is fixed, not had the chance to play today ;_;

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I'm not a big fan of the new map, it's basically the campaign map with a crashed behemoth. Worse thing is that they didn't do an Operation with it, and I personally only play Operations ever since I discovered how awesome they are. Conquest feels incredibly slow and frustrating now as a solo player... Rush is just not fun with so few players, Domination is okay if you want infantry only combat, but still, Operations is the best of all worlds. :nerd:

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I only did have the time to do a quick check on the game, and gladly I noticed it works without flickering again! Time to get back onto the Battlefield! :banana:

18. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    My game is stuck at 15 fps since the patch.. couldn't be bother to investigate further. Alt F4

19. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Nothing to add to that.

Anybody tried out the changed weapons so far and noticed a difference? Haven't had the time myself tbh. But I don't expect the "best weapon" choice to change I guess?

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Gaming 970
    Martini yes, lower dmg to torso below and arms, legs. You'll notice it directly.