Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Their already out

2. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Not that anyone would notice...

Well, one of my ultimate pet peeves is having to reach across the whole kb to hit a hard-coded key that I can't re-bind.

I use the right side of my keyboard exclusively. Having to lift my hand to reach for any key on the left side is annoying and slows me down.

This is partially why I've stopped playing. There is no reason I should HAVE to hit Space, and not just hit it but hold it down if I want to skip, to get to the map. It's extremely stupid and lazy for a pc game to have hard-coded inputs like that.

And btw, the lack of updates just mentioned and this hard coded kb input mess are 2 more subtle hints (to me) that DICE isn't really concerned about anything but the console versions of this game...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2016
  3. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Its always about the money man. Just look at the stats:

http://bf1stats.com/

Right now there are 36k people playing on the PC and 123k on Xbone /126k on the PS4. Consoles have a massive lead in player base.

4. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 ti
    PC has a much larger base and more games which leads to more saturation. DOTA 2 peaked at 848,867 and Counterstrike 579,971 today.

5. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1080ti
    Oh for sure man, I am just saying, it makes obvious sense from a business perspective to support the larger base of customers. If 97% of pc gamers were running multi gpu, we would have massively improved support. But its the other way around, multi gpu users are 3% or perhaps even lower. Why would they spend money and time on supporting the 3% when 97% of the profits come from people who are running one card?

In this case, the ps4 and xbone have literally 3 times the player base per console! You can bet the support will be better on those platforms. Although I have always found the BF games to have excellent support, but I also dont know if BF has ever been this popular on consoles.

6. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Is there any way to find out what the different BF4 platform stats were in Nov and Dec of 13? Or a year into it's run?

7. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    Sorry for my ignorance, but how exactly do they make another account in Origin? Aren't all games tied to that one primary account also used as player name or can they make another account and somehow move their games there?

8. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Usually they don't care about progress and create new account and re-buy the game. Also you can set your in game name to almost any you want.

Some of them using trial accounts. I don't know the situation as of now. But at the release there was an exploit when you could exploit 10 hours trial for unlimited time.

In other games, they use origin access to get the game cheap and when they get banned they subscribe with other account.

Usually EA gives bans once a month, so EA access is perfect for cheaters.

9. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    How the heck can they afford to buy new game each time they get banned, to me that sounds stupid. Bored rich people are weird? And as EA/Dice is making money on cheaters re-buying their games, I guess they don't even want to make cheater proof games.

10. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Is this game any good?

11. HawaiianBrian

HawaiianBrian Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1060 Amp@1949MHz
    No. Well at least for me.
    Is anyone else able to make a connection with EA servers?
    I played for 5 minutes of mp, now nothing all day.
    Crashes every time i exit the game.
    Just bought the game yesterday....if it doesnt work tomorrow its refund time
    BTW..the demo worked just fine.:bang:

Last edited: Dec 3, 2016
  12. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    @goat1, that's a hard question to answer, as BF is such an established franchise. Everybody's got different experiences with it.

I can tell you my reaction... and I've played every pc BF game. A few months in, and I'm relatively underwhelmed. Which is definitely subject to change based on the upcoming DLC's.

But coming from BF4, the overall experience of playing the game night after night, finding servers, leveling up the guns you want, gaining xp and learning the maps.... it all just feels comprehensively... less. There's just less of everything, and I think it's by design (because of the WW1 setting)

Yes, there's depth in the game. Yes, alot of the classes and vehicles and weapons systems are unique. But I personally felt that once I tried everything - and wasn't overly satisfied that I could get kills consistently - that was that. I narrowed down my own personal list of 'favorite things to use' almost immediately, and that led to boredom. We'll see once the first DLC hits. But I'm currently playing other things.

13. Pelzimus

Pelzimus Active Member

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB
    For me I haven't experienced this kind of addiction to game since BF2. I don't know if it's the WW1 theme or because game is somewhat simplified compared to previous ones, but I just feel like wanting to play more BF1 and when I'm playing it's hard to stop. BC2 and BF3 were "okay" and I played a while but BF4 was total mehh and I hated it how complicated it felt with all it's hitech stuff and how my weapon optics had optics and then some more. I like the idea of buying weapons with warfunds and it doesn't feel like grinding to get that next predetermined unlock.

14. sverek

sverek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Totally this for me.

I enjoyed Bad Company 2 the most. Then BF3 came, got more complicated and BF4 just brought even more learning curve, especially to transport.

I didn't get around to play BF1 yet, but I am really can't get to enjoy BF4 with more servers requiring DLCs to play and trying to narrow to map without much transport.
    I had lot of fun on BF4 as an assault and go to top score by doing objectives, but once there people doing communication on enemy team on helicopter or tank, there nothing you can do. They just own.

Looking forward to get BF1 while on sale.

15. Zooke

Zooke Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan X SLI @ 1475
    After 20 hours played, I think this is still a good addition to the BF franchise.

But...

The lack of upgrades for your weapons is something I miss.
    It's part of the earning something or getting something you want in the battlepacks feeling that has been lost.

The weapon camo's only influence seems to be when you get killed and it is pictured on the killscreen.

I know this issue should only be temporary but broken SLI is the difference between 20 hours played now and 50. Also, the time passed since they broke it is past ridiculous. For a AAA game costing over £100 you expect a hotfix within days. This is seriously pissing me off.

The good, well I like the implementation of the medals. There is scope for some extra ideas within medals which I hope and pray they will do. 1 off medals for certain events possibly related to actual WW1 history. Please EA do not make medals for stupid made up EA events.

The new shooting mechanics, well new to BF anyway, are a welcome addition.

Some kind of random delay on vehicle spawns at the start of a round would be helpful, The same players always seem to be 1st on the server to get the planes + tanks. Same as BF4 I know, but since there are so few vehicles on BF1 this is very noticeable.

That's enough for now.

16. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Damn the battlepacks system. I opened like 20 revision 7 ones (bought some 450 ones as well) just to get that white Martini Henry skin and of course I never got it, got duplicates, even a triplicate, nothing I wanted though. :bang:

17. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    I appreciate everyone's input. I have a feeling this is what I'd probably feel as well. The one thing I loved about BF3-4 was unlocking guns. That kept me going. The mortor was awesome also :p I just have a feeling BF1 is going to get boring quick. Also, I'm not buying a game for full price just to hope the DLC is going to make the game better. I probably won't get this one. I'd prefer something futuristic with guns and gadgets from the future. Like BF 2112..

18. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    I stopped caring about the stupid crates after a couple weeks

Pointless.

Who cares if you have The Archduke skin on your machine gun? I mean, honestly?

edit:. @goat1, that is totally what I was hoping DICE was planning before we learned about BF1. A new 2142, futuristic style BF game would have been awesome. Many here were saying they were sick of the futuristic stuff, but they were all thinking of the last few CoD garbage versions. I still say this was a huge misstep and a missed opportunity for EA.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  19. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 770 2gb
    Exactly.. The other guy would get to see your awesome looking gun for about 1 sec before he got killed with it. So what's the point?

They need to quit screwing around with these games and come out with another X-wing space sim with joystick support..

20. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I like the fancy skins :3 although I don't play to get them they are just a nice bonus. If you start playing FOR the skins then you're turning into a csgo player.