Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. big ROBOT bill

big ROBOT bill Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1660Ti
    Running fine for me, DX12 now seems better

2. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Thanks. So AB is causing crashes with new patch?
    Guess is ain't Dice's fault after all.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    From playing 2 Operations I can point out 3 things so far.

1. Mortars are borderline useless (good thing I exploited the **** out of them while they were still op),
    2. Attackers in Operations are now in the spot of the Defenders pre-patch, very op
    3. Every single weapon mod/skin got reset,

PS - Argonne Forest aka Mortar Forest is no longer Mortar Forest, but Gas 'nade Forest. :p

4. The Fitter

The Fitter Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming
    I don't know what has changed in the patch. Nor am I going to worry about it, but, I just had the 2 best games of my career as support (positive kills and worthwhile life). My LMG is actually hurting people, AND, despite people saying the mortar is useless I actually got a kill or 2 with it.
    Woo Hoo for me.

5. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    This happened when trying to start post-patch:
    [​IMG]

so older drivers are off the table now. Had absolutely zero issues with the game before so let's see what happens after driver update.

6. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    I get massive stutters after this patch!
    Had no problems before, except the cpu usage thing...
    Can't play the game anymore....
    Thx Dice!

7. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I wouldn't say its useless it's still the best anti vehicle weapon in the game imo but its not quite the sniper is was but same as you I totally abused it and got some crazy scores with it so I don't mind that its been nerfed.

ALL LMG's got a accuracy buff when standing still some also got bipods spread on them is less wild now but first shot and prolonged fire is still the best way to use them.

8. OleMortenF

OleMortenF Member

GPU:
    980 SC 4GB
    Game crashes here too with Afterburner running, worked before the patch.

9. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Yeah really not happy with this either, the current driver I am using is stable with both Bf1 and Dishonored 2 (given the issues some people have had with D2) I am a tad annoyed that BF1 requires me to update to a driver purely on the basis that their stupid update patch wants me too.

Even more annoying is that it should be an advisement, a 'we recommend updating to this driver continue to play anyway' but no if you don't update you don't play, it's bad enough you HAVE to install Origin to play the game now they are forcing you to install drivers at THEIR whim to play now too.

10. mindaz3

mindaz3 Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 64
    Notice that too, seems a lot smoother now.

11. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    I couldn't disagree with you more. This patch didn't provide attackers with an edge, it gave them a fighting chance. They seem about equal now with defenders still being a little too advantageous.

12. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    WC 980GTX
    Bravo Dice Bravo... 2Gb worth of patch and for what. A game that performs worse than it did before the patch. Just had to leave a game because the FPS, Desync issue and lag were beyond an utter joke so thank you for

a). Breaking a game that worked
    b). Forcing me to download a driver update I neither wanted or needed

I am also going to do a slow hand clap in honour of the fact that you gave us a 2Gb patch and no one at your end thought team balancing, yeah lets give that a f*cking try.

So yes thank you Dice thank you for hovering your arse over my computer and delivering a massive 2Gb worth of steaming sh*t.

13. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Master Guru

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    Yea, RTSS crashes the game with DX12 enabled. You don't need to close MSI AB/RTSS though. Just add bf1.exe to RTSS and set application detection to none.

Seem to get crap performance now with DX12. It was actually fine (and better than DX11) prior to the patch. Having to update my drivers might be part of the issue, might do a DDU/Clean install of them.

Edit: Nvm have the bug with the new drivers locking VRAM clock to 810mhz

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  14. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    SLI 980Ti
  15. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Just a fyi guys, but I noticed a service from Origin was causing me a minor issue in Windows, I posted here> link

16. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    With the latest patch, and NVidia 375.86, on 1080p Ultra, TAA, HBAO I get:

GPU usage: mid-high 70's
    CPU usage: 30-40's
    GPU max temp: 51C
    GPU VRAM usage: ~3GB
    System RAM: 6.5-7GB

And I use Vertical Sync ON, so can't tell you my frames, but I do not remember seeing them drop below 60.

No crashes, no errors, no bugs found as of yet.

17. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    Sounds bad, didn't get to updating the driver myself yet and testing the game.

Guess I'll wait for a hotfix patch or something. Plus I really don't get the mandatory driver update either.
    The game worked perfectly before with older drivers (so no reason why it shouldn't work now), now it apparently doesn't work with any drivers.

18. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Ok,

Tried the HC server. Oh my god you die fast :D So it's using 200% bullet damage, and it's absolutely Hard Core!

I LOVE BF3/4 HC mode, but for me this is a bit too much. You die so fast there is nothing you can do. You cannot duck, you cannot zig zag to cover. You just die, FAST.

19. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    That's not Hardcore mode we've been talking about. That's just people custom setting those 4 options. HC is likely going to be it's own server type.

And if it's going to be anything like BF4 HC, there's a LOT more to it than adjusted bullet damage, ticket count, and spawns.

20. zimzoid

zimzoid Maha Guru

GPU:
    2xEVGA980TiSC+(H20) Swift
    All good here with patch and new drivers, gsync and screen set at 120hz and frame cap 120fps, getting frames 100-120 same as before.