Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Ok i think I saw what you mean...will find out come fri/weekend. Pretty excited to play hope the ol behemoth can run it!

P.S Will def try HC mode...I think friendly fire might be up my street. Being able to spam grenades is a bit cheap...

But I guess with planes and tanks you are going to get a lot of friendly fire no?

2. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Depends on who's driving. The situation with tanks is different to nade spam in that nade spam usually tends to fall on capture areas so gives a greater potential for friendly fire. Tank cannons are more likely to effect FF when you get a nub driver that knows their is an anti tank somewhere in a building and just fires utterly at random at any building they can target.

All I can say is their is gonna be a lot of people taking a lot of FF hits when HC launches.

3. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    OK, I'm not sure if it's been mentioned, but can we talk about the LMG's? Granted I'm only level 1 support, but the ones available to me now are ALL just putrid. Nerfed does not describe it IMO. I have to hit ppl 3, 4, and 5 times to kill, whereas SMGs and semi-auto rifles take less than 3, often 2. I've used them for most of the day, and I've been purposely headhunting and I still haven't gotten a SINGLE headshot.

One time, I had a guy flanked, he's about 25 m in front of me and I had to put 3 rounds into his ear to kill him. What is going on with these guns? Is it the slow rpm? Is the class balanced out based on the guns I've not yet unlocked? I noticed the BAR has a 500 rpm listing AND better dmg over distance than all 4 of the variants I have access to now.

And yes, I realize they are diff now in that you need to just hold down the trigger to increase aim. I can get kills that way, but it's ALWAYS 3-4 seconds worth of hits before I get the kill. Something just seems off. Am I the only one seeing this issue with LMGs?

edit: also, Laughing made me remember something else... i do NOT like riding shotgun in tanks in WW1. The side mounted guns are frustrating, mostly cuz the pilot is always turning to get his guns in position, and I'm usually stuck watching a building go by 3 feet in front of me. Much prefer the 360 turrets of the tanks in previous BF games.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ah man dont get me started on LMG, its been so frustrating, when you start shotting someone, they turn around and one shot you while you do hardly any damage with crappy LMG, its like BB gun! They need to sort that out.

5. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Lol...BB gun :D

Is is that bad? Today I will play as support and see how that goes.

6. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    BF1 is first time I actually play Normal mode more than test it, as I'm forced into it.

HC is the only real way to play Battlefield. I just love it! And actually for me, it's WAY less chaotic than normal mode:

- people move more cautiously (if you stupid solo rambo, you die very fast)
    - choke point strategies are WAY more real (nade spamming, friendly fire from back to mass of people)
    - people think before shooting to conserve ammo
    - people actually take cover when shot at (in normal mode snipers now dont even bother to take cover, as they know you cannot kill them until they kill you)
    - way more tactical on high level strategy (at least on my clans part)

7. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Armor
    [​IMG]

:D

8. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Haha do it, its pretty bad. Worst thing is that im "ammo" guy in our squad so i have to play it lol I ned to spend some time on symthic, ive been using BAR, which is okay!

9. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    The LMG wasn't that bad for me.

10. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    Level 10 support here you guys need to learn how to play the class as its intended to be played.

The lmgs are not just assault rifles with bigger magazines you should always start engagements from medium range you will tear assault players apart at that range even medics will struggle at the amount of bullets you can put their way and because of that amount its quite easy to take down groups of people.

snipers can be a pain but we have mortars to deal deal with them and are first shot is always 100% accurate so even long range we can do well.

You kit should always be

MG15 storm or suppression this imo is the best lmg, tones of ammo accurate and good ROF

madsen MG this is a very good lmg too not many people use it I'm guessing because of the upwards magazine but its quite a beast

The BAR is a fun weapon but its quite niche, its powerful and accurate but with only a 20 mag you have to time your reloads well.

Don't even look at the other lmg's these are the best.

always take mortars, HE will utterly **** vehicles and is good vs single targets e.g snipers or airburst for groups on maps with no vehicles.

magnums are great for finishing people off, I feel you don't need a pistol with a lot of ammo or fast fire rate so I go with a slow heavy hitter. I mean if you haven't hit them with the 100+ rounds on your main gun you have no hope anyways :p

Nade is your choice I bring fire ones oh and spiked club :eek:

11. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Any news on patch, updates yet? Waiting for HC where it will start feeling like proper WW1

12. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Its good in medium long term if they dont see you if you engage 1vs1 against medic, you are screwed. I know how to play support, been playing it since forever, but you cant deny the fact the LMGs are on a weaker side compare to other classes. Not many play it coz of that, coz i always end up on top5 with most ammo supplied with 100+ easily every round

13. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    For me the game needs more vehicles planes ect

14. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    JetStream 980Ti
    I don't think they are weaker then any of the other classes I honestly think they are one of the strongest, they can take out groups of infantry with their lmgs and mortars and like I said the HE is probaby the best anti vehicle weapon in the game.

People want to run and gun with them like assault in CQ can but that's not how they play if they could do that then the assault class would be null and void.

15. AndreasGuido

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    HE is awesome, i love using it against vehicles, destroys them! Shame they took trip wire explosives away but then it would be a bit too much for support :p I still think they could buff LMGs up a little bit. Actually did like Madsen but that mag is way too annoying for me

Then again i cant moan too much otherwise everyone will play them and i wont get my resupply points :p

16. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290X
    Agreed, and DX12 Crossfire/SLI support. DX11 Crossfire runs worse than DX12 with a single GPU for me. The patch is taking its time..

17. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Good stuff.

Can I ask you, as you leveled up, was repairing vehicles a big part of it, or just standard support points and dropping ammo crates?

18. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Also, what is up with the Medals? I spent like 6 hours yesterday grinding for one of them that had 3 days left, now all the medals are different. Did I lose all that progress?

19. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Loving the campaign so far! Need to play around with settings.

Auto has me on medium graphics...which look pretty good and no slow-down so am thinking perhaps this is where I should leave it. (1920x1200). Although I might try sticking on a few highs n changing the AA method (TXAA I have currently I think).

Although I'd be happy on med!

Next up some flying. Am wondering if I can use an xbox controller for the plane...

20. Xman01

Xman01 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Mini
    I would like to see that for one map where you could have a large number of tanks square off against each other along with the planes. With no lock on weapons, it would be a good change of pace. Although it would probably be like now a lot of times where the tanks stay at extreme range and go for a high kd/r .