Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    hehe yes... kill them, take their kit, drop ammo, switch back to your kit, and rev them. Or not hehe
    But with such a system you could also "complain" about a teamkill or "forgive" it, and the noobs always complained about being shot, no matter if you revived them.... being noobs.

Classic has no minimap? That's not exactly like it was in BF2, or do I remember it wrong? Hardcore always was too quick for me I have to admit, dumbing gameplay down to who shoots first when you walk around the corner, pretty much what COD multiplayer was when I still played it. (Still love my Akimbo G18.)

2. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    Not sure about that actually. I thought it was so.

I'm just curious when friendly fire is introduced how many team kills people will get with gas etc :D

3. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Classic has minimap but no 3d spotting, spotting only pops up on mini map. Dont think tehre is health regen either, so you will need med pack to get back to 100%. But im not sure about health, im sure it was like that in BF4.

4. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1080 Mini
    Got this free with the Xbox slim and i have to say amazing stuff, and the bi planes battle are phenomenal, takes me right back to Wings and Knights of the skies. HA

5. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Or the incendiary (?) grenades, mortars, rifle grenades, frag and impact grenades, etc. Not to mention if you get run over by a tank or horse hehe

Ah thanks Andreas, thought so too. Well basically I could easily live with map spotting, and then not even for long, I learned to use the minimap in BF2, you just had to watch out for it, something that people these days aren't so used to I get the feeling at times.

6. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    I dont find minimap in BF1 as useful as BF4, since you dont pop up when you shoot so only show when being spotted by other players. I used minimap a lot in BF4, hardly look at it in BF1.

7. Ouzo

Ouzo Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    I really like it on HC on BF4. People actually learned not to node spam with all grenades, look for friendlies etc.

But now that BF1 has so many new players for series, and they first play only with normal mode where you can do mass carpet bombing with bombers right at front line with friendlies, etc... I wonder how long it will actually take for people to adjust.

Also how strict will admins be with custom servers. Used to be kick from couple of kills, so servers will empty pretty fast :D

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I, for one, actually like FF On. Prevents nade spamming.

9. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Yea, for the last 2 years, I only played BF4 in hc mode. Couldn't be bothered any other way.

And the right way to do it is to have no minimap, but a full screen map that you have to stop shooting/moving to view.

What I like about HC play is its so much more unforgiving, so not only do you have to be more careful with where you go on a map, how far you push boundaries because you might get separated from teammates, but you also can't go crazy with nade/gadget spamming as well as deal with serious line of fire considerations. Teamkills *should* happen.... (almost lol). Firing your weapon is always a risk, as noise locating and flanking are inevitable with no minimap.

I really hope they give the hc mode all the little details bf4 hc had so that it's just as chaotic. That is really what will push this game is to the stratosphere for me. You must learn the maps, you must learn the weapons (because no ammo indicator), you must play as a team, both for health and ammo distribution, as well as positional support on the map, or you will get wasted quickly and often.

10. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    Btw, I think with the vanilla full screen map being simply an enlarged minimap on the screen, that might be 1 reason why hc was not available at launch. They'd have to re-program that from the bottom up (if they want it to work like bf4).

11. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    wow, that would be awesome, not sure it's possible tho?! Is the Frosbite version of BF4 that close to BF1 ?

The new pawning map is so cool :p

12. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    I have no idea. My only thoughts are just that the functionality of the minimap - > full map in BF1 is different than how it worked in BF4. It was not just a re-sizing of the minimap, and you could zoom in (which I HATE that we can't do now).

I could be wrong. It could simply be a matter of not having the minimap present in hc mode, and full map works the same as it does now. Hopefully we'll see sooner rather than later.

13. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    Guys before I pick up (soon due to some increased outpayments etc) are there servers where you can turn kill cam off?

Or is there a killcam? This is one of the things that annoyed me before...you kill someone lets say you are a sniper and then someone uses a kill feed/cam and then bang your cover is blown.

Not a realistic thing at all. (maybe its not in BF1 I hope not).

i.e if you dont see the guy shooting at you why should u see him after u have died.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    W T F

I just had a 2sec. freeze while playing ?! nvidia 375.70 4K ultra.

15. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    Nope Killcam is part of the game though I believe the up coming HC mode will remove it.

16. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Yup. No kill cam on HC mode.

17. Brogan

Brogan Maha Guru

GPU:
    980 G1
    It's not so much a kill "cam", as the view simply shifts to the area where you were shot from and outlines the enemy player or vehicle in red. The cam is still from your dead body's perspective.

18. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    I don't have to play HC to suffer from not being able to nade spam, I never get ammo refills of those anyway :p

No idea. What fps do you normally get on 4K ultra with just a single 980Ti? DX11 I suppose?

19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA XCUltra 2080Ti
    yeah DX11, made some test and upgraded to 375.76 hotfix

20. zixss

zixss Member

GPU:
    ASUS RX480 8GB
    Somehow i`have been able to fix my FPS drop and stutter issues.
    What i`ve done so far:

1. Installed the latest AMD Crimson Drivers 16.11.3
    2. Installed the MicrosoftC++ redistributable, from the Battlefield 1 folder, eg:
    3. Removed any parameters in user.cfg beside only two below:

PerfOverlay.DrawGraph 1
    GameTime.MaxVariableFps 73.99

----/Origin Games/Battlefield 1/_Installer/VC/vc2013/redist/vcredist_x64.exe
    ----/Origin Games/Battlefield 1/_Installer/VC/vc2012Update3/redist/vcredist_x64.exe

Now the game is smooth as butter, even on the heaviest map St.Quentin Scar.
    There are still some FPS dips, but it feels smooth.