Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I loved playing with the shotty last night. M10 Hunter FTW!

2. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    My Favorite Mode is Conquest..and I really suck at Sinai Dessert in comparison to other maps, must be a bad omen from the Beta, lol.

While I try to Keep my k/d in check..when I start playing I Need a full round (Match) to warm up. Next Round I am competitive...the last few Days I also bought new Weapons and played around with them, which wasn't really good for my Result, but I didn't really care much.

After the latest Nvidia Drivers, game runs rock solid and fluid. I Play now mainly Assault and Medic and once I am warmed up, I am in the Top 5 usually.

Lately however I realized that most Players ignore their classes such as Medics or even Support and drop their Crates or even revive People. Must be that some Players bought the latest COD, didnt like it and bought Battlefield to run around like Chickens.

I also had very bad luck with Teams and it is very hard to Play "good" when others just scatter around and try to take down planes with their guns. I tried also to Play the Scout class but this "Hide and Snipe" isn't really my Cup of Tea...I Need to be on the front..I need to run around and help to PTFO.

Domination is also quite fun, but matches don't last very Long. In TDM I come across mostly on Snipers...is that the Sniper Training Ground ?

Got now over 55 Hours of Gametime with BF1 and I finally found Weapons of my Choice for both the Assault and Medic Class. With Support I Play around with either the Madson MG Storm, MG 15 Suppresive or Low Weight, but still haven't found the right Balance yet.

Ohh, and I hate the Gas Grenade :)

3. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Wish they'd fix the game breaking bugs like not being able to shoot after being revived or sometimes after throwing grenades or operating turrets.

Also it doesn't always show the score/reward screen after a match and the medal tracking feature shuffles between last week and this week's medals... there's a good game underneath the heap of bugs and glitches but it's really grinding the fun factor down...

4. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah that shows how many morons and COD players are around...

You should try to play something else than TDM or Domination if you want longer games. As easy as that. But yeah tickets aren't many, at least in conquest they had the right idea and stretched out tickets from 400 to 1000 by default from BF4 to BF1. Conquest rounds usually last around 28 minutes for me.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    can i ask the experts here about tips how to play the game, i suck at keeping myself alive, i get killed really fast, i suck at this game...

6. boodikon

boodikon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Leadtek 8800 GTS 640mb (600 core)
    UK: Infinite Warfare drops 48% of Black Ops 3's first week sales

Might have something to do with bf1

7. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I don't know what I should tell you if I ever became an expert... take it slow, don't rush, look out for cover and snipers. Learn the maps and their ways / paths... play medic to heal yourself up. Best would be to squad up and have two medics in there.

8. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Guest

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    I agree with you, got the same issues as well. Sometimes when I have been revived I can shoot but sometimes not, also the weapons Position after the revive is different, like a bit Forward and up on the Screen.

Same with the Score /Reward Screen plus the Medals stuff is really bugged...sometimes it Displays medals last week, sometimes from that current week and the Counter is not really correctly counting too.

9. Seaclean

Seaclean Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB Gaming
    Exactly. I just hope they're on to this stuff so it can be ironed out soon. Had a few extreme rage moments because of bugs xD

10. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Any words on a new patch yet? I am waiting for DX12 Crossfire support :)

11. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    16 November.

12. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    Will Crossfire support for DX12 be added then?

13. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    Why so keen on DX12 ?

14. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Probably not. Or have you seen announcements for it that I missed? What they should do is fix basic dx12 before they think about doubling the issues with multi GPU support, there's a lot of people that stick to dx11 just because it runs better on average than dx12.

Because he's using AMD GPUs and expects huge performance gains if he uses dx12, I guess.

15. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Not sure. All i know is it's a big patch.

I'm running DX11 and it feels smoother.

16. mbm

mbm Member Guru

GPU:
    4090 RTX
    okay. where do he get that idea from?

17. fantaskarsef

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Funny question :D

Well usually in some games dx12 is indeed giving a performance boost of a few %. But that mainly refers to games making heavy use of the infamous asynchronous compute implementation that clearly favours AMD's architecture. On other systems and Nvidia GPUs the results have not been that great in total, and arguably, with multi gpu systems it's non existentent.

There is no logic in using dx12 with only one of your GPUs and the same image quality than using dx11 with two utilised GPUs. I guess that's why he's waiting for dx12 mGPU implementations. Which, besides Ashes of the Singularity and benchmarks, arguably does not exist over a year after dx12's release.

18. Brogan

Brogan Guest

GPU:
    4080 Gaming OC
    I think I've seen the issue with the medals screen and have gotten the not being able to shoot like once, but that was easy to fix by cycling through my weapons.

My real issue with the revive feature is not a bug, but a player issue (which goes back several BF's). 9 times out of 10 after i get revived, I get killed before I can get up. I realize the medics are doing it for the points more than for the team aspect, but I never understood why they didn't wait till the shooting was finished before reviving me. It's not hard to judge this. It's not like a real war with 100s of soldiers shooting at you. Take your damn time, Doc!

Plus in this game, you apparently can lay there the whole freaking match waiting unless you hit the freaking Space Bar (which BTW, they need to let us re-bind, my wrist doesn't bend that way)!

19. max2

max2 Member Guru

Where did you hear this?

20. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury