Battlefield 1

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XenthorX, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Yeah, probably not what you want to hear but just sounds like you need to get the hang of it a bit more. Stick with it :)

On another note has anyone played a good ol' deathmatch yet... OMG it felt like a graveyard after coming out of Operations :giggle2: 40+ hours in and still loving this game so much!

2. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    They need to give support more love, i love that class but guns are so pretty weak! Assault is fun, taking out tanks is so satisfying! Sniping is so satisfying in this game as well!

3. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Since yesterdays BF1 Update and the latest Nvidia Drivers I got last night 3 DirectX crashes with DX12 enabled in BF1 (Always had this activated since I can Play it).

Plus I have some sometimes strange flickering now with the clouds or the Icons on the map (When Player dies, the Skull) is moving around and flickers...

Anyone else with this issue?

4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Game ha been running great for me. So far, not only due to the setting, my favorite Battlefield title up to date.
    Yesterday I played a round of pigeons (?) which was great fun. I still don't know how it was supposed to be played, but it had some nice & chaotic CQBs.
    The best new mode has to be Operations though. Best of both worlds.

5. archie123

archie123 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    I have a small issue , once per map on multiplayer my fps drops through the floor for about 2 to 3 seconds , after looking into it core and mem clock seem stable but my gpu usage on both cards drops dramatically just for a fraction of a second? All other games seem fine. Its random sometimes in intense scenes sometimes nothing really going on , its dropping from over 100 to below 10

6. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    I've had the flickering with player icons/skulls on the map when ready to spawn. Had it in the beta also, really isn't an issue for me.

Can't help with the other issues as i use DX11 and haven't had a single crash as yet.

7. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Jup same for me with the flickering on the map, but ingame some clouds did flicker last night after I went to the latest Driver as well.

I may Switch to DX11 and see if that happens again. It really annoys me as I always had then a very good personal game.

8. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    BF1 is my GOTY 2016 so far.
    EPIC on all levels.

9. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    It's a bold statement! :eek3: BUT... I probably have to agree, it really does give me that feeling of why I love gaming!

10. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    I say this because it ticks all the boxes and the main box is FUN factor.
    We still need to squad up. BF1 is best played with friends.

Why don't i see you guys on Discord?

11. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    Yes we need too! I always forget to go onto discord... I'll probably be on BF1 tonight around 10pm if you're online send me an invite :thumbup:

I hammered conquest for the first 35 hours or so but properly getting into Operations now. Attacking on Quentin Scar with the rain pouring down infantry rushing out of the trenches really is an amazing feeling in game. One I find hard to compare with any other shooter I've played!

12. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Sounds cool... damn, how expensive is this game atm?

Also a noob question: what's Discord? :D

13. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Should be on around that time.

14. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    You can get it for $46.99 USD from CDKeys.com

Discord is VOIP app..similar to TeamSpeak.

15. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6800XT GamingX
    Ah, no wonder hadn't heard of it as I don't use VOIP. Thanks for the info.

Pricey, but on the other hand Christmas and more importantly tax returns are coming so...

16. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    A Contender for GOTY this Game is, Mafia III is not.

17. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Mafia III is the predictable disappointment of the year (if not more).

But yes, I absolutely love BF1. And this was GOTY material for me since the Beta. I never played 20+ hours in a Beta before, and now with the full game I foresee 100s of hours of gaming. Watch out though, it is addictive, this past week I've played 5+ hours/day. It's been a while since I lost control like this. :nerd:

18. Kashinoda

Kashinoda Member

GPU:
    AMD R9 Fury
    There's not been many contenders for GOTY, easily Battlefield 1 for me. I expect you'll see a splattering of GOTY awards for BF1, Uncharted 4, Overwatch and possibly The Last Guardian.

Well there you go, he left his computer round mine for the night. I used DDU to re-install drivers (he had used AMD remove utility) and he went from barely hitting 60FPS to hitting 100 easily. CPU load is high but doesn't max it out (4690k @ 4.1ghz, 16GB RAM, R9 Fury, 1440p)

Interestingly enough I got bored and upgraded from Windows 8 to 10 and it gave me DirectX Removed Device error at the start of every round. Disabling Origin in-game solved this. :3eyes:

Wonder how many people bother using DDU to fix their FPS issues, it's always the first thing I suggest.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  19. KodiaRok

KodiaRok Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward RTX 2080TI
    Yeah I love BF1 a lot too. Scenery and the Maps this time around is just truly outstanding.

However I also have to admit that I hate that many snipers in the game, it takes a bit of fun away, since there are so many of them.

There has to be a Limit for Snipers, and I hope that those who will rent EA Servers will be able to Limit the Sniper Slots.

Sorry I know that some of you guys love to Play as a Sniper in BF Games, but if I am getting angry is when I got killed out of nowhere from a Sniper who is Standing / hiding somewhere between bushes and does not else then pushing the Trigger and finding Targets.

I had to Play couple of times as sniper too actually kill those, which killed me.

I really wanna like the Medic Class, but I can't really get into those Rifles. Assault and Support ain't an issue and suits me a lot better, as I am moving around a lot.

Any Tips for Weapons for the Medic Class? I got the Mondragon Sniper (How weird, as I posted the Stuff about the Snipers) equipped atm and own the Cei-Rigotti Factory and M1907 SL Sweeper, is there a Weapon that is more like something from Support or Assault?

I heard from Friends the Autoloading 8.25 Extended is quite a good Weapon for a Medic.

20. Danwillysxi

Danwillysxi Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti
    THE best class is Medic IMO and THE best weapon in that class is the Selbstlader M1916 Optical.

I do also like the Hellreigal when playing Assualt but I find it a lot less effective at medium ranges as the accuracy is wayward shooting at anything over 30 metres.