1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Battery charging slow

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by SittingInMyRoom, Jun 22, 2019.

1. SittingInMyRoom

SittingInMyRoom Member

GPU:
    GT 540M 2GB 128-bit
    Hello, last lets say about 7 days my laps battery is charging really slow or not at all, the charger is 19v 150w while its factory was 19v 120w so there mustnt be a problem, plus the cpu turbo is disabeled, the slow charging is only during gaming , but when i quit the game the battery charges ~1% a minute like how it used to.
    Can somebuddy tell me why?
    1] Perform Hard Reset

This solution usually works when the device (with removable battery) charges slowly because it is constantly plugged in. Here is how to go about it:

• Switch off the power of the Windows device.
      • Disconnect the charger and remove the battery from the device.
      • Press and hold the power button for a minimum of 30 seconds. This will discharge capacitors of the motherboard and reset memory chips that were constantly active.
      • Reinsert the battery, plug in and charge the device.
    Tried this and didnt help. i put a cooling pad under the lap because the temps are high but same thing

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 390/GTX1070M
    Your PSU only supplies so much power, and when gaming you are probably tapping it out. So there isn't much power left to recharge the battery.

3. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    Exactly. My MSI probably uses 200+ W when gaming - the PSU is luckily 330W.

4. mike2299

mike2299 Member

GPU:
    nVidia
    Had the same problem with MSI RTX 2060 laptop. An aftermarket charger would charge it when laptop is off, but when it was on, fps would drop miserably and of course, no charging. Had to get an equal charger to match.