Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Never had a single one of those issues when I played the game and the only issue I did have that seemed to occur every new play through was right at the start where Killer Croc would suddenly become transparent or even invisible during his boss section. After starting a replay of AO just last week I can confirm this is now fixed.

Actually now I think back I do recall having a problem where if I enabled DirectX 11 on one specific setting Batman's cape would disappear from view. This was quickly fixed when I changed to a newer driver set.

The infamous Burnley vent issue was fixed a mere few days after it launched as not one but two patches came out within a week of the game being released. Aside from these problems the game was 100% playable for me personally.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Well, in all honesty the guy playing the second video is using the dodge/leap move a LOT.
    And you can play all the Arkham games like that. Were you are constantly leaping over the heads of the enemies.

3. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT P.
    I managed to avoid most of the gamestopping bugs in Origins such as the one where you couldn't reach a certain vent or falling through the ground into the void, no crashes either and the game performed OK (Freeze DLC was a bit more demanding though.) but the snow parallax issue occurred on virtually every rooftop in the game in my last playthrough about a month ago.

Looks like this:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4684812&postcount=741

(Similar in appearance to but nowhere near as great as the Jackdaw bug in Assassins Creed 4. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pQ_ZozZIio )

So far in Arkham Knight the only problem yet has been the stuttering but I'm hoping it'll be improved with further patching, seems to be some type of memory leak as even with restricted settings on how the game should handle streaming it'll quickly load up VRAM and start hitching after a few minutes of driving around in the city environment.
    (Happens less quickly if you travel by gliding or on foot but I've found no real fix so far and probably there's nothing to do but wait for them to fix the games code or at least improve it.)

Game crashed on exit as well but that's fixed now and wasn't really a problem since it saved settings and profile data correctly even with that annoyance.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  4. vejn

vejn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7870 TF3
    When will be next patch for VRAM uasge ?

5. afaque

afaque Member Guru

GPU:
    x1300/g210/hd5750/r9280x
    so i have bought the steam key but i have downloaded the iso before, so can i get that iso to work by redeeming my code in steam with this predownloaded full game

6. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Not sure how they can do that. The way I see it there are three ways around it.
    1) Use better texture compression for smaller textures
    2) Cut draw distance (Dying light did that, so it will be no surprise)
    3) Have even lower lods and make normal high instead.

The fourth and the most wishful thinking way is to use DX11.2, which for obvious reasons cannot happen.

7. Yecnot

Yecnot Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 270 2GB
    How'd they do it for Ps4?

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I really don't understand how this game gives so many of you troubles like crashing and memory leaks with much more powerful PC's. My clearly aging PC just suffered from the crash on exit bug, which I found out only by looking at the reliability report in action center.

I used to press alt-tab after the game loaded and had control of Batman and it helped my performance a lot, I rarely suffered from fps drops and it stayed at 60 fps the vast majority of the time. I had everything on normal, nvidia features switched off, full screen mode, and of course set the fps cap to 60.00.
    Give alt-tab a try, I used to do it with AC4 as well. Hopefully future patches will make the game better.

9. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Dat unified memory. :D

10. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I suppose they already use tiled ressources where applicable. Remeber that GNM exposes all the features of the hardware unlike Directx 11.0, and we have to overcompensate somewhat with stronger hardware or in this case more VRAM and more RAM.

The unified memory on consoles must help as well, just like the absence of a PCI-E split between system ram and video memory.

Those are the quirks of the PC platform any multiplatform developper has to work around. I believe it's possible to retain the LOD/textures used on consoles (some games even use higher LODs on PC) and run it at much higher framerates, it just takes optimization the game clearly lack in its present state.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If GTA5 uses less video memory...
    Yeah, they can do it.

12. Dorlor

Dorlor Banned

GPU:
    2x evga 780 ti sc acx
    Well the difference between the games are obvious... rockstar used more than a year on the gta 5 pc port, while the devs we given 8 weeks to do the arkham knight pc port.

I very much doubt that WB will use the time (aka Money) on fully optimizing the pc port.

But yeah, from what is shown on the screen in arkham knight, the vram consumption should be able to be cut in half.

13. mbushnaq00

mbushnaq00 Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 980 Ti 6GB
    GPU usage is very low in this game, I get around 60% to 75% maximum usage which clearly indicates that our hardware is not fully utilized during the game.

They need to fix this asap

14. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    At 4k GPU usage is always 99%, less fps dips than in FHD. Watching DudeRandom84 videos he even said its strange. Somehow game is bottlenecked by resolution.

15. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    Closer to metal coding. DX12 could lift this game quite a lot if they add support.

16. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    having a played a lot more (i am now about 80% into the main story), i have to agree that there is too much focus on the batmobile. it definitely has been a great addition to the game especially at first it just blew me away but later i caught myself thinking "again"... especially the drones fights with the amounts of tanks being thrown at you are getting ridiculous.

17. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    I like the batmobiles battle mode and at first using it for problem solving is good, it makes sense on the scarecrow mission but it does get old after a while, I still prefer gliding around the city over driving around, I think when they focus on the car it just takes away from the realism, but it is the first time we've seen it in an arkham game so you can't blame them for wanting to show it off a bit.

18. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    IF... those rumors are to be believed.
    And, honestly, I doubt them. For 12 people... 8 weeks... the port turned out awesome if that's honestly the case.

And, Warner Bros is loosing money right now. They'll only gain money if they fix the game. Which they are doing.
    A friend of mine who used to work for Monolith now works at WB. He told me last week the amount of action he was seeing there was insane.
    Saying that people were working through the night... taking hour long naps under their desks and going right back to work.

WB is putting everything into fixing the game. And having Rocksteady lead the process.

19. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    [​IMG]

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Once again with the realism. Everything about the Batman franchise is super not realistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.