Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Well the thing is, their previous work was never anywhere near as bad as AK and all issues were addressed with a few weeks if that. Origins had a few small issues on release, but nothing like AK or AC, so its quite a drop in quality.

2. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    That guy just updated his last comments with a new possible tweak. Normal texture settings has a minimum of 4 lods, so 128/256/512/1024, you cannot force 256/512/1024, however if you set textures to low, you can have a minimum of 3 lods, so set textures to low, exit game, and edit ini for 256/512/1024

It should make a big difference. He will probably post which texture groups he applied this on, or you can yourself see the changes in the texture groups in normal/low settings and adjust accordingly.

And using negative lod for world, specular, character, vehicle, should help with pop-in by sharpening.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    Below is the list of the key areas where we are dedicating our resources to improve the experience for our loyal fans:

• Support for frame rates above 30FPS in the graphics settings menu
    • Fix for low resolution texture bug
    • Improve overall performance and framerate hitches
    • Add more options to the graphics settings menu
    • Improvements to hard drive streaming and hitches
    • Address full screen rendering bug on gaming laptops
    • Improvements to system memory and VRAM usage
    • NVIDIA SLI bug fixes
    • Enabling AMD Crossfire
    • NVIDIA and AMD updated drivers
    I can confirm a high system memory usage as I saw the memory fill to nearly 11 GB (out of 16) after a few minutes of just flying around. SLI still needs work even when I use the DX11 compatibility bits for Arkham Origins I only saw around 62-68% usage across both cards.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    It's amazing how much just one guy could do to fix things in his free time. Makes you wonder just what the hell was going on with the port. Unless of course he secretly works for one of the companies involved and is just leaking what they've been working on this past week.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

5. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA Geforce GTX 980 SLI
    It's not meant to be realistic. Did you forget this is a game series based off a comic book character? When has a comic book tried to ever be realistic? If there was a comic book called "realistic man" would you read it? I wouldn't. I already know what realism is like. I'd rather play a game that invokes and appeals to my imagination and childhood fantasies of how cool it would be to be a superhero like Batman.

6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Regardless of of the combats realism I still maintain that the combat in AK is a step or even two down from what it was in Origins. At least in the last outing it felt wonderfully refined and satisfying whereas in this it just feels completely off and doesn't deliver that sense of pure kinetic energy that it should do.

I'll compare it to how the Assassins Creed games combat has gotten worse with each new release so if Origins is say AC III Arkham Knight is its AC Unity.

Exact same boat. The 19% played is made up mostly of tweaking and then play testing. I just can't be arsed to uninstall it and download it all again.

7. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Maybe it's just series fatigue and not an actual difference in combat?

8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Fatigue you say? I think not. Press play on the two videos below at the same time (then get to the combat) then you be the judge.

9. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    finished and many quest***351;on to be asked. what is going on in htis game after the end...we activated some project X.what is it? shall i continue to game? or what?

10. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Batman: Arkham Knight launch sales beat Arkham City

Biggest launch of 2015 so far, despite the whole PC sales fiasco.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-29-batman-arkham-knight-perches-atop-the-uk-chart

==============

I agree with StoneGargoyle on the combat. While yes, it is a vidya game based on a guy who dresses as a bat, but the combat has gone from hard hitting bombastic brawling, to some weird form of violent river dancing. Batman seems to do all this cartwheeling and split jumping/leaping from foe to foe. Couple this with the overly forced batmobile sections and this is one of the most disengaging batman games of the arkham series.

While combat was enjoyable in Asylum, since City's however, the arkham games keep adding in things that were never really batman like in general: Excessive gliding simulator (city's/Origins/AK), Burnout Takedown: Batmobile edition with the release of AK and the combat from Asylum to Ak has gone from batman-ish to the nutcracker on ice.

Edit: Yeah, those two videos show it perfectly. Origins is just far more batman like in terms of combat. Im becoming more and more fond of origins the more i compare it to Rocksteady's work. I hope WB Montreal (or whoever the hell made Origins) get to make another Batman game.

11. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I've been trying to hit home concerning how dissatisfying the combat is since I started playing so it's nice to know its been validated by someone else finally.

12. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I have been playing AC and AO the last weeks and found that in AO even enemies are sliding from their position all the way to the other side of a combat area towards Batman just to kick him. Which is annoying. Only Batman should do this.

In AC you didnt need to block a guy when i knew i was about to jump to another guy far away from him. In AO that guy trying to hit you will just slide/jump behind you! :p

13. lantian

lantian Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4gb
    a few small issues, are you serious, it was broken and still is the biggest issues have never been fixed, that game simply got abandoned after couple of patches without addressing the biggest issues, like falling trough game world, game not loading environment and lets not forget the bug where you simply get stuck outside the world in some random missions, without any way to get around it, the main reason I never finished origins

14. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    They fixed that imo, i was falling through a specific tower too. I had to uninstall & reinstall though, just verifying & patching via Steam didnt do it.

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    nobody talks game story? how great is the scenes? acting of characters or voice acting? no? dicking.

16. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I guess this won't be fixed until fall.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Im not going to say something like "i had no issues therefore its fine", but like many others, I've never encountered such bugs and compared to AC and AK, origins was a damn near perfectly working game.

There were issues on launch, but they were fixed quickly. Though I don't think that the problem of sometimes getting stuck in the tower was ever addressed, I could be wrong here. I know it wasn't a perfect launch and they did abandon the game, but the major issues were addressed.

Again, compared to AC and AK, origins port was like the gtav of the arkham games.

18. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I played Origins for the first time in months a week or so back, prior to the release of Knights, and I grappled a tall building to the top and Batman proceeded to fall through the roof into nothingness below. I reloaded the checkpoint, went to the same building and this same issue happened every time. Now this was an area en route to a mission, it wasn't some obscure side area I was not supposed to reach. I have never experienced that issue in any of the other Batman Arkham games (Asylum, City or Knights).

Origins was certainly the most stable and best performing Batman Arkham game at launch but in my playthrough of the game I encountered far more bugs and glitches in it than all of the other games combined!

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
  20. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    And that's part of the joy of PC gaming.

No matter the condition, people will have different experiences.
    I also replayed the entire Arkham series over the past month in preparation for Arkham Knight.
    And, I had random crashes with Arkham Asylum (which I had never had before). But, Arkham Origins ran perfect.
    And even when the game was released the only issue I had was the tower bug.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.