Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Got my copy today.
    Got it installed, started up... and so far I've played about an hour and a half.

Firstly, yes, I know my GPU is a hindrance. :) I got it when my 460 died some time ago as I was limited on funds.
    But, with a few working days left in the month, and if the numbers are right at the end of work Tuesday (I work in sales) I'll get a bonus. And with that bonus, I'm going to upgrade to 16gb or ram and most likely a GTX 970.

But, even so, I have done zero tweaking to the ini file of the game. And have had no crashes or issues. I'm still playing it at the 30fps cap, mostly because I've read that those having issues... have uncapped it.
    I do get the occasional slow loading textures, but that's on Rocksteady's list of future fixes.
    And it's maintaining the 30fps rather smoothly. I get the occasional stutter while in the Batmobile, but nothing that hurts the gameplay.
    And even so, for 30fps, it still feels very responsive. Naturally a higher frame rate would be better... but I'll take a smooth 30 instead of what others have had to deal with.

Now, I'm still probably going to try some of the tweaks people have mentioned just to see if it can help any.
    But so far, awesome game. Loving it.

2. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I thought the game looked great on PC until I played it on the PS4 but the game now looks fantastic IMO now they've patched in the wet rain effect on Batman and the Batmobile plus added ambient occlusion. I am playing at 2880x1600, albeit at 30 FPS, and it is running about 98% smoothly with far less hitching than before. In fact, most of it occurs when the game autosaves as I am not playing it from an SSD. Played the patched game for about 3 hours. Even have Afterburner's OSD working with this game too, thanks to the tip posted earlier. I think this might be the best Batman game since Arkham Asylum; absolutely love it. The amount of detail and variety in the city is breathtaking at times and the draw distance is immense.

3. N1GhTW4lK3R

N1GhTW4lK3R Master Guru

GPU:
    FE 4090 EK LC
    Damn, some characters in this game seem so fuc**ing real!

[​IMG]

I love this awesome textures.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2015
  4. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    It's happened. Sim City for example.

5. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
  6. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
    Texture streaming is still broken to a degree. Some of the lod textures don't stream properly and they look like mud. Hopefully that's the next thing they're working on.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    devs are really starting to nail down the eyes of characters. Gone are they days of spaced out looking npcs.

8. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    You obviously read to much into my post. I was merely posting the fact that progress is being made.

Also, imo sli and cfx shouldn't even be priority atm. While AK is a great looking game, there really isnt anything on display that should require sli unless you're on old gpus such as mine. Theres no reason why a single gtx980 or amd equivalent shouldn't be able to output +60fps at 1440p at ultra settings + gameworks.

Take the above into account and look at what a single 970/80 can achieve in gtav and the witcher 3, theres no reason for needing sli/cfx in this game.

Id recommend 8-10gb of ram and a gtx980. Going with that 970 is is only going to leave you playing catch up in regards to lack of vram. 3.5gb is the bare minimum in todays poorly optimized games imo. 16gb of ram vs 8-10 isnt going to make a diff in performance.

9. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    it's an alright fix nothing more

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    The person who made unofficial texture streaming fixes also came to that conclusion, but how many gpus have 11.2? GCN and Maxwell 2.0?

I'm not sure how else they can fix it other than by cutting up the draw distance. Also kinda silly question, but GPUs which use 11_0 feature level for 12_0, they cannot use Tiled Resources if the game is ported to 12_0 right?

11. william456

william456 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Titan X
    After the patch,feel fun with batman

the vram used is less than origin,(<7G)

play 2 hours and the vram highest is 6.6G

the rain effect is nice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DSR 4K
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Just dropped another couple hours into it.
    Just finished the Ace Chemicals mission. Still, solid performance. No stuttering, no hitching...
    And really, for 30fps... it's much smoother then 30fps in other games. Miles smoother and more responsive then The Evil Within when it released.

Still, I'm looking forward to future updates. And my (hopefully) impending upgrade. :)

13. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    also put some more hours into it, now with the patch installed. nice to have the rain effects enabled now.
    it's one of those games you just can't stop playing. the main story is so compelling and keeps you playing. plus all the extra stuff you can do is very well integrated and adds even more depths. it doesn't feel artificially put in there just for the sake of it.
    the combat is still superb and spot on as in the previous titles. i was a little worried that the dual play might turn out choppy but it's very smooth and the takedowns are actually very satistfying.
    the only minor gripe i have so far is the complexity of the upgrade system, i found it to be rather overwhelming at first and not only because of the new batmobile branch.

14. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, definitely improved, I'm enjoying it as well - good story and visuals.

Keep those patches coming WB et al :)

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The patch helped.. It's still not perfect.. Calling in the batmobile causes massive stuttering.. The game still runs < 60fps... I mean it runs at 60FPS but random drops to 40s...

It's playable now.. Ish...

Edit: Disabled all the Gameworks effects except the rain.. Oh wow... The game plays exactly how I'd expect it to play now.. Solid 60FPS and smooth as hell

16. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD

AMD FTW :)
    Never really liked all those extra special effects with Nvidia gameworks and felt they lagged the engine.

17. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Anyone know if it still reverts to DX10 with Gameworks on? How do I get MSI AB to show what DX mode it's in on my keyboard? I'm not seeing any such thing under "monitoring" in MSI AB.

18. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    That was proven to be a false reading. It remains DX11.

19. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    This fear take down . I don't get it I mean sometimes it appears sometimes it doesn't. How it appears and why. Which conditions required ?

And when I silent take down or otherwise kind of stuff I do on 1 enemy then someone notice me. What can I do that a few seconds.

20. wrathloki

wrathloki Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080
    Source?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.