Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I would like to disagree with you but I can't. There was a time when seeing the NVIDIA "The Way Its Meant to be Played" endorsement on a game's loading screen was a sign of quality; that the game would run great on systems equipped with a NVIDIA graphics cards. Now though, it appears to be nothing more than a way for NVIDIA to sell their cards by adding exclusive features and nothing to do with the quality of the game itself.

True, they are not the ones who actually code them but you would think that they would extensively test them to ensure that the game meets the high quality to be entitled to their endorsement in the first place. We have been through all this before with Batman Arkham City, also an NVIDIA endorsed game that embarrassingly for everyone shipped with a completely broken DX11 mode, a mode that was required to use all those wonderful features that NVIDIA had added!!! :bang:

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    'TWIMTPB' has turned into an insulting joke (on us).

Nvidia now != Nvidia then :(

3. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Dont kid myself? Im the one who spends most of his posts trying to talk sense into this clown show.

Ubi could of chosen to value their customers and products at any time, yet they never have. Refund policy or not, wb didnt have to pull the game and they certainly didnt have to request gmg honor wb refunds.

Wtf are you talking about. Gtav is the bare minimum of what pc gamers should expect from a port. Its not some god send or even that impressive. Dont kid yourself otherwise.

Make sure to pull your head out of your ass, if only so you can catch a glimpse of the view as you fall off that high horse of yours.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, they could have, I'm not debating that, neither am I debating the fact that Ubisoft sucks.

What I was saying is that WB wouldn't have done a thing either if they were not obliged to.

We've seen buggy, broken launches time and time again and nothing like this has ever happened (best case I think Ubi threw in the season pass for Unity).

It's no coincidence that Steam introduced their refund policy, a publisher chose to release a broken port and was quickly forced to pull it.

As far as GMG goes, I think they received a major backlash from users and I'm equally sure they were proactive in making sure their business model was protected even though they don't offer a refund policy (yet).

PS: I wasn't trying to start an argument with you, I'm sorry if it came off that way :)

5. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    WB doesn't care for gamers, no game company does. This behaviour is all based on MONEY.

It simply shows that WB's money is largely built on the PC market and less on consoles.

For Ubisoft the pc market is just a low percentage of their whole pile of cash they make each year, primary consoles.

6. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Agreed. Any option that has the word 'Nvidia ....' added to it in the front will get switched OFF by me because i want stable fps.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    anyone having difficulty to remember what combo to use?

iam OLD, depressed or retard about it.

i cant properly play this interms of FUn factor combo hits of the batman. The amazing amount of tricks u can do is so confusing to me :(. i feel sad, old , stupid. fighting isnt hard. the remembering the combos is hard. too many sht. and if u level up those moves, it gets more crazy. why-o-why :(

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-25-warner-suspends-batman-arkham-knight-pc-sales

UK retailer GAME have now also removed the game from store shelves. Because I always go to GAME to buy my PC games.

9. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This must be so embarrassing for those involved with the pc port that wb now has support from Nvidia.
    Ohhh my... What has pc gaming become...

I feel that pc developers need to go back to school and be retrained the basics of pc gaming..
    Talk about development now that's real progress..

10. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    You should turn on HBAO+ :) That is the best thing come out of GameWorks.

Let me tell a simple trick to maximize exp. When in fights, always stun then start beatdown. Always counter whenever you see the glowy spider sense. When enemy with red spider sense charges at you then execute takedown. You are invulnerable during this time. After that start stun+beatdown. If you see someone charging at you then use a gadget throw (batarang). Also remember disarm and destroy for stuff like electrical baton. There should be blade takedown upgrade, take it and learn it, it is VERY useful.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Why would NVIDIA need to help them port the game?

oh.. I just realized when I wrote it... OTL

12. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    What a damage control by Nv and WB. Lost face and money.

13. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    W...w...what!?! You really think that GTA V is a bare minimum of a PC port?

That game has extensive graphics options, including numerous types of anti-aliasing and additional advanced options that allow the visuals to be pushed beyond those which the console's are capable of! It is also supports both the controller and mouse/keyboard seamlessly and is relatively well-optimised and looks great. Does that not quality it for being a GOOD port that exceeds the minimum that we've come to expect from lazy console ports?

IMO, a bare minimum port is one that has resolution options, FXAA support and a few graphics options that allow the game to look as good as on the console's at best and run acceptably well. (i.e. your typical Unreal Engine 3 or indie title) Any game that allows the visuals to be adjusted further and still runs well is a damn good one, including The Witcher 3 and GTA V. Batman: Arkham Knight does not qualify because it omits some features that are on the console version and has performance issues/stuttering to boot.

Out of curiousity, what criteria does a game have to meet to be considered a great port in your eyes?

14. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Nvidia for stepping in and helping save the game

....................../´¯/........................
    ....................,/¯../.........................
    .................../..../..........................
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸.............
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\...........
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')...............
    .........\.................'...../...................
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´.........
    ............\..............(.................

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I agree, if I'm to pay £40+ for a game, I'll expect it to have PC features. We shouldn't praise PC games for having PC exclusive graphics settings and good performance.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Ha! I know, stepping in to help on a game that they already endorsed because, you know, quality assurance by them prior to the game's release was clearly not a requirement! :bang:

17. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Beautiful gesture
    "The way it's meant to be played"
    :banana: :banana: :banana:

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Why not? A developer has no obligation to add graphical enhancements to multiformat games on PC and that's why many don't. The better ones obviously do though and they should be commended for it IMO.

19. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Imo it should be standard. Why not? Why should we pay for a pc game lacking in PC features?

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    You really think WB would have held the game back if Nvidia said "Hey this game is buggy, maybe it should be delayed so it can be better optimized"? You're crazy if you honestly think that. The only reason why Nvidia would be involved in this at all is because the game uses GameWorks which is Nvidia specific feature. It's up to the DEVELOPERS to optimize the game correctly. Sure Nvidia can help them out but they shouldn't be coding the game for them because WB is incompetent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.