Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    Personally.. I think the writing was on the wall.
    Releasing a cross-platform game needs proper testing and more testing.

Further, features like AO missing, poor textures, fps cap, and lack of AA and other options in graphics menu really says a lot about the development of the game on the pc platform.

I think WB saw the writing did the next best thing and set an excellent precedent for the PC gaming community moving forward...

However, I feel a number of employees will be soon unemployed due to the shiat hitting the fan....but it had to be done..

2. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
  3. h4rm0ny

h4rm0ny Master Guru

GPU:
    R9 285 / 2GB
    I'm more optimistic. Lack of sales can indicate many things and can be taken by studios to mean people just don't want the game or that the PC market is too small to bother with. People buying and then returning the game indicates only one thing - it's your own fault for messing up the PC version.

That's actually a pretty powerful message.

4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Yeah he was :p

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    damn...looks so soft to me.

but it is real 1080p i hope hu?

6. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    The game may be a bit of a disappointing port but the PS4 version is not without issues either.

While it plays and looks great (arguably better than on PC in terms of looks because it has AO and enhanced rain effects and there is no stuttering), it took a ridiculous 7+ hours to download the 3.6 GB Day One patch for me and, not only that, but I reached a point in the game last night where it halted because the data for that point of the story had not been installed yet! This was on the second day of playing (roughly 3-4 hours into the game not counting time when it was sat idle on the title screen). In fact, I had to twice eject the disc because the install process seemed to halt but reinserting the disc then allowed the install to proceed. In the end I just exited to the menus, choose the AR Challenges option, which had uninstalled data, and left it on the install bar until it finished (which took another 10 minutes or so). This has been the most problematic game install on my PS4 since I bought it at launch. Total install size by the way sits at 52.3 GB!!!

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    P.S. Just to clarify, the PS4 is *not* locked at 30 fps as some are claiming. For the most part, the game holds 30 fps well during on-foot exploration both in and outdoors plus during melee combat. However, driving and Batmobile combat can see the framerate dip below 30 fps - in one video posted by NXGamer I saw the framerate drop to 22/23 fps - followed by bouts of screen tearing as the game uses adaptive v-sync. It's a fantastic game overall, don't get me wrong, but it is not quite as flawless in terms of framerate as, say, Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag on PS4 which did hold 30 fps thoughout and without any screen tearing.

8. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Waking up to find the game has been pulled from Steam, wow. Never would have expected them to make such a move but to be honest what choice did they really have as every single day it remained their rep became ever more tarnished.

Kudos to PC gamers for being vocal enough to stand against this kind of unnecessary poor release both with their keyboards and with their right to a full refund. In many ways I feel some real progress has been made so let all other pubs and developers be aware that we aren't taking this **** anymore. Release your game to fully meet expectations or face the consequences.

History has been made today which can only help bring us a better tomorrow.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  9. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
  10. Jamie T

Jamie T Master Guru

GPU:
    GPU
    If you ask me the only reason they removed it from Steam is the bad rep to get rid of that and increase sales.

30 fps lock get out

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Well.... that is crazy.. that's like false advertising.

Whut in the fudge is going on today..

12. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    such cheat much industrial faking. they need to harakiri. put a sword on stomach and suicide

13. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1660 Ti
    I saw a guy play it with a 680 and he had pretty good performance overall between 42-59fps.

He was playing at High without nvidia gameworks, tesselation on high.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Well, I'm surprised :) Cant remember having seen a low res texture of this size in Batman AC or AA :eek:

15. TR2N

TR2N Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD
    This has certainly made me very annoyed with Nvidia.
    :bang:

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    nVidia are really starting to mess things up lately. Poor driver releases (broken) and such things as lucidus described.

17. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    WB pulled the game from everywhere. At least they had balls to do it and apologise.

18. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Great news that it has been pulled, the refunds doing their job already.

Maybe in future publishers will give the devs more time and money, or just cancel the PC version.
    Hopefully not the latter.

19. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Gaming X
    Don't think G2A will refund :) Was a PayPal deal though, think I can go through them? :)

20. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Doubt any key site will refund, don't think they would stay in business long if they did.

Not sure these sites will survive either way, refunds on Steam only will kill a lot of their sales.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.