Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    This game needs the holy grail of cancer cure, DirectX12.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    You have gods own PC...

:T

3. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Hey, i have a Porsche Carrera GT and can reach 334 km/h! :3eyes:

4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    AA is dire in this game and there's a really distracting shimmer to everything from mid-distance outwards. I'm guessing it's a cheap console-friendly FXAA filter in use here? A shame because this game otherwise looks absolutely stunning at times. At least if I leave the framerate capped to 30 FPS...as unlocking it introduced stuttering Batmobile driving and texture streaming issues when I played it for 20 minutes this morning use MaxFPS=60.

I played the game for over an hour last night and while the framerate might have been low, the performance was smoother (less hitching) and I did not see any texture streaming bugs. Also the 30 FPS cap meant I could up the resolution from 1920x1200 to 2560x1600 for a little downsampling, which slightly improved the image quality. Mind you, when I first loaded the game up, the resolution was set to 3840x2400!!!

5. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Annoyingly even though I chose to make the ini changes I made read only upon exiting and then re-entering the game it now runs like complete crap again. How on earth? It also crashes every single time I exit.

My game now runs exactly like this once again at 1:06

6. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It crashes a lot when I try to launch it. It also looks like it doesn't like Dxtory.

AA in this game is just basic FXAA. Looks really bad in motion.

7. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I bought Origins at release.
    And, while I did run into the Tower bug, and a there's a small issue while gliding that causes Batman to do flips over and over.

The game was fully playable. Smooth performance, no crashes or issues.

Honestly, the last time a Batman game was this bad at release, was Arkham City. And, it shouldn't be surprising. Rocksteady is a console based studio. That's where their focus lies, and always has.
    I will say it seems this time they went full on and got some outside help to really bork up the PC release.

At least with City you could turn off DX11 and make the game playable.

Hopefully some patches get pushed out quickly. This is too large of a release for Warner Bros and Rocksteady to just walk away. WB did a great job of supporting Mordor post release.
    And even Arkham City got patched to improve the issues.

8. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way, I've seen someone mention earlier that this game issues are a result of the Day One patch not being released yet. Is that true? If so then where is the source of this information as generally Day One patches are released with the game. It makes no sense to release a game digitally then make people wait for a patch that fixes major issues. :3eyes:

9. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    The difference between Mordor and this is night and bloody day. Plus there is the complete lack of Rocksteady's involvement. >_>

10. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    I've played about 30+ hours of Witcher 3 with no issues, since launch.

The other two batman games, played both with no issues. Farcry? What performance problems? I played like two weeks after launch, QHD @ 50+fps no issues. Strife by S2? No issues. Borderlands 2? No problems.

Sorry but I don't see it. There are plenty of games without Nvidia Gameworks that are equally as ****ed up and buggy. So I don't see the correlation.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I know.
    Mordor worked amazingly well right out the gate.

But, I was just pointing out that Warner Bros continued support on the game for a long time.

12. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    3,5gb, should be released when release is, yes. Maybe they have problems, dunno but afaik the day1 patch wasnt included in the release?

13. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    At least it looks like the game works stuff works and runs quite nicely. Sad thing is that those come from NVIDIA directly...

14. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=400205

And a bunch of other places

What i'm thinking is that there's no day one patch for pc and that this was a console only patch and news sites just started bunching in pc with it and kept repeating each other

15. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Shadow of mordor was good because Monolith knows the full form of PC. It seems rocksteady/IGS pulled a CP on us.
    (PC - Personal Computer/ CP - Console Peasantry :D )

Anyone pissed there is silence from WB? No post about "we are working on a day one patch for pc" or "we are aware and working on a fix". It seems they simply don't care about the PC platform at all. "Here is BAK for PC, take it if you want, or STFU and go away". All those negative steam reviews do justice to this game.

16. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    This game seems to be a step backward in terms of graphics options over Batman Arkham Origins which is disappointing. That had FXAA, 2x/4x/8x MSAA and Low/High TXAA as well as several other options missing from this blatant console port. I say that with confidence because of the stupid 30 FPS cap and the lousy FXAA filter the game uses.

The game itself seems very promising and the art design and presentation, including audio, is gorgeous but it is let down, as per usual, by a lack of PC features. I expect lots of options and I expect to be able to choose between 30/60 fps or an unlimited framerate. I do not expect to have to edit config files that leads to texture streaming issues and stuttering!

17. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    I'm of course in complete agreement with you man. I do find it odd that there's the odd post such as this though from PC GAMER

http://www.pcgamer.com/batman-arkham-knights-launch-appears-to-be-a-disaster/

I know a decent SSD will make some difference but since when did we hear that a new release couldn't run well on a Titan again? Deary me. This was for many their most anticipated game of the year so to see it release in such a piss poor state makes me exceedingly angry especially when you consider how much the release of Arkham City is mirroring exactly what we are seeing with a game released some four years later.

18. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    By the way, the high VRAM usage in this game is presumably a result of the game using the free GPU memory to cache textures and stuff, right? It's not a bug (e.g. the game engine not "unloading" textures)?

19. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    More games where you need to edit inis for settings and things you want to have enabled, etc. Thats why we love PC, right? :D But you're right, we should be able to choose ingame what we want and not spend a lot of time tweaking (and setting) for testing..

20. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Indeed, where is this infamous 3.5gb day one patch for PC ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.