Batman: Arkham Knight

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Yeah, right after Arkham City shipped but apparently there weren't 100% sure next-gen consoles would release in 2013 so the game was made to be scalable up to a point which is an indication that the requirements for this game are not going to be anything outrageous.

For minimum specs I think an old 4 cores CPU such as the I5 750/Phenom 4 955, 6gb of RAM and a GTX 460/Radeon 5850 will do.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Banned

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yeah that 460 would be a nice PhysX card for sure.
    cheers for info :)

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I wish i was like that, but aliasing is up there with screen tear on my list of things that put me off playing a game.

Not as bad as i used to be though, skipped certain console games altogether and even traded in Halo 3 the same day i bought it as the game had no AA:nerd:

Looking forward to this game though, TXAA will likely be added by Nvidia and that should sort my complaint, and i will definitely have a new GPU by then as wedding and holiday should be paid off soon:banana:

4. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    The series is definitely long in the tooth. Reminds me of the Assassins Creed series.. The engine is tiring, the gameplay is essentially the same song and dance in a different setting. Origins was about as far as the current concept could go. I enjoyed it but it felt like I was playing Arkham City in a different setting.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Four games in the Arkham series... long in the tooth.

Eleven games in the Call of Duty series... nothing. ;)

But Rocksteady have stated that this will be the end of the Arkham series. At least with their involvement...
    Still Origins is my favorite in the series. I'm still not sold on Knight yet, but the trailer was visually impressive. But, it spent more time striving for dramatic shots and scenes... that it didn't really show off the gameplay.

6. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    The batmobile if we can really use it heck people been wanting that since the first arkham game.

Wonder how buff it will be to not make turbo grappling and gliding the goto way to move.

The car looks great though. Heres hoping the city feels alive to, 2 games with the city and each time it felt dead and lifeless but for criminals, a city that huge should never feel deserted blizzard crime wave or w/e going on.

7. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    tbh, i really wish they'd drop the empty city bar thugs theme. The every 'city' game of the batman games is nothing but a long traverse to a linear mission, side quests are just rinse and repeat thug take downs and riddler.. riddles.

I want them to go back to the Arkham Asylum model, while linear in design, it feels far more complete or better structured instead of having all these open spaces. This is a Batman game after, not like its Spider-man.

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    They've already said the city will be empty except for criminals, as it's been evacuated.
    Which... I was very disappointed to hear.

9. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Oh yeah i've read that as well, just it seems a shame to be doing this yet again. I mean imagine boosting through the city with lots of foot traffic like in gta etc, the devs could just script the ai to jump out of the way as to avoid the whole whine fest from the hardcore about bats running over innocents.

10. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Yeah. Batman operates in a city filled with people. Innocents and bad guys alike, yet the games seem determined to go out of their way to avoid putting the player in such a setting.

It worked in Asylum because it was a more confined location. And the majority of the innocent people had been captured or killed by the inmates.
    City... sort of worked. But, in reality the place just felt empty. And it seemed odd to give that few inmates that much space.

Origins took the Max Payne path and used a blizzard to keep people off the streets. And it still felt... meh.

11. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I think it's better to have a Batman game without the useless pedestrians. Wasted compute power if you ask me, they can focus on higher quality assets without civilians.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Except... it kind of takes away part of what makes Batman... Batman.

13. Kezen

Kezen Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    I disagree.
    Batman AA/AC were as faithful to the Batman mythos as they could.

A Batman game should not bother with populated areas IMO, let me have all this playground for myself please. :D

14. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    It's better without them, it's too much of a pain to have them in there when you can't hurt them.

Would people like the game if it was instant game over if you hurt any non criminals?
    It would certainly kill the feel if they were invincible, and while the idea of making them hard to hit is better than the other two options, it's still not great.

Last edited: May 23, 2014
  15. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    No way, the main reason I find myself to never really care to play through Asylum again is because of its all too linear nature. In fact, I hope they can open up the mission levels too to be less linear. City didn't go far enough with the openness but at least it created a sense of chaos in a place where you'd expect it to be there. It's a bit like babysitting thousands of adults..

16. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    As Origins didn't really do a lot new (I think they didn't have the time) it's difficult to say that the concept cannot be taken further. City opened up the game and gave a new playable character. If they open up Knight even more in the missions then they truly have made their masterpiece. More can certainly be done with the series although it's not an easy task.

17. 2_fast_4_you

2_fast_4_you Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Titan
    hopfully even better than the first one ;)

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Well we make due in other open world games killing or not killing civilians as we choose. Yea accidents happen why we have save and reload. Adding challenge is not a bad thing and its something the "real" batman would have to deal with. Not like they would have to be everywhere just ceratin parts of the maps could have civis here and there. Certainly would make the cities feel more real.

And after 3 games where the entire town is either evacuated or trapped in their houses who the hell would even live there anymore? :p

19. Redemption80

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Haha, true.

Either way I don't think the devs have a say, using the licence will likely come with many rules that can't be broken.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Yea still they could have a "the batman score" fewer people you injure and or kill in your duties the higher the score, would give them ocd types another stat to chase also.

Do poorly and you fail at batman.

Just take the gloves off game makers.

Just if they do do this give us a true save and load system and quick save. I hate auto saves not even sure if i am good or not to quit out of a game or try something stupid just because.

Or an elder scrolls system you got bolth and gods the times i have had to go back many saves and lost hours of gameplay because of a accidental killing in town during a fight, or my npc companions decide to get murderous and have me hunted return to town and every guard is after me to my suprise. But my npcs were defending your town from vampires guys.......better systems to tell the dif between rampant murder and accidental garbage would be nice also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.