1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Batman: Arkham Knight [Pt.2]

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Jul 2, 2015.

1. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    A lot of people, including myself, really like Halo and Call of Duty. Those that don't are probably in the minority. There's a reason these things sell like crazy.

Not arguing about destiny though, it sounds pretty bad.

2. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Just because something sells a lot doesn't mean it's good.
    I know (and work with) a lot of people who buy the new Call of Duty every year... because it's CoD.
    Yet, they don't play anything else. A lot of them when I try to talk to them about games... it doesn't go well.
    Tried to talk to one guy about Wolfenstein:TNO... and his response, "Game is complete sh**."
    I was like, "You played it? What didn't you like?"
    Him, "No. Never played it. It's not Call of Duty so it's gotta be sh**."

I will say, as far as CoD goes... I like TreyArch's entries (though BO2 was... meh) and Advanced Warfare was very, very surprising.
    But, the series has long since stagnated.

And, I know it's all opinions. There are people who love them. And that's fine, great even. It's awesome when you find something in gaming that you really love. I'm not trying to tell anyone they are wrong.
    Just voicing my opinion.

And, as for HALO... it's a good concept. But one I feel Bungie did a terrible job putting to use. It wasn't until 343 got a hold of the series and made HALO 4 that I felt a good game had finally been released with the HALO title on it. ;)

But, then again, I'm solely single player. Campaign only.
    MP means nothing to em and does nothing for me. The few times I've played it, while doing okay... I was bored out of my skull.
    There's no drive or desire for me in MP. I just... meh. Last time I played MP after a while I simply stopped moving.
    Had been playing (not trying) and I found I was watching my cat on the other side of my office play with a ball instead of paying attention to the game. So, I just turned around and watched the cat. :D

3. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Don't worry folks they'll be releasing the 1989 skin pack along with 2 race tracks for next months season pass content :|

Like Damien said above I'll just wait until the whole thing goes on sale or if one of the story packs turns out to be actually good buy it separate instead.

4. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Hah we are so far apart on our opinions but I still think that the majority of CoD and Halo players really like the games. I loved Blops2 and I thought the single player in Halo 4 was really lame, but loved Halo 3s single player.

5. XpoLon

XpoLon Member

GPU:
    GTX 460
    Is game playable now?

6. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    Depends on your definition of playable. I'd say with your card you'd have problems.

7. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080, KD55XD800
    No there's still been no patches

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    They have only released the very first patch that fixed AO and the rain textures.

They are working to see if it's best (stability wise for the game) to release small updates, or release it as one large patch.

9. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
  10. mb

mb Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC
    wow, just shows you how unfinished the pc version really was/is!
    but, i say it again: such a shame really 'cause the game itself, aside from technical problems, is really outstanding. and at this point, i doubt rocksteady will be able to redeem themselves completelty even if they deliver a bug free, optimized, flawless version of the game. that's the least people will expect, and rightly. the disaster that the initial relase was can't be undone and probalby will stay with them for a very long time if not forever.

11. jwb1

jwb1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Ti
  12. dshramek

dshramek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1070
    I really think that pc users that already have the game should get the dlc for free, to make up for this farce.

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    Kind of glad I got the PC version for free with my graphics card and bought it instead for my PS4. Embarrassed a little for NVIDIA too who seem to keep endorsing these "bad" games for some reason (Assassin's Creed: Unity was another for example).

14. RecluSe

RecluSe Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 980 SC/ACX 2.0
    Would they have stopped selling the game if there were no steam refunds?

15. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Yup ... MKX is still up.

16. Monchis

Monchis Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 950
    I think they make most of their sales on the very first days, mkx victims didnĀ“t have a chance to refund.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Yeah. Which to me says that DC had more to do with batman being pulled than WB or steam refunds.

I dont expect MK to ever be fixed.

18. wrathloki

wrathloki Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980 Ti G1
    I think steam refunds had more to do with it actually.

19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Lets not kid outselves here. Reputation of the batman IP has far more to do with it than WB (and DC through royalties) loosing a few pennies from the tiny pc gaming community.

They got their console cash. Lets not delude ourselves, Steam refunds is not pc gamings excalibur.

Batman is DC's biggest IP, they're not going to let a broken product **** on the ip. It'd be like Square releasing a broken Kingdom Hearts, no way would disney just let the product sit on the shelf.

Steam has listed the game as Fall 2015 since it was pulled. These sites are just regurgitating the same news. Must be a slow week.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Seahawk EK
    Uninstalled this today to free up some space, better games to play while they sort this mess out, funny thing is after paying for a copy I got another copy for free with my 980, I'd give it away but would anyone want it? :infinity: