Batman: Arkham Knight is having a very rough launch

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 24, 2015.

1. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
    I'd guess the culprit lies most likely at WB.

2. APEKS

APEKS New Member

GPU:
    SLI MSI GTX 1080
    Rocksteady is aware of the problems, well why did they release the freakin game then??!!
    Bunch of money hungry cheats.

3. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5700XT/ 1070/ RX580
    Isn't this the game that had some over-priced Bat-Pass announced (pre-release, to boot) for a bunch of trivial, trickled out DLC content?

Games today are being created with interesting priorities. Maximizing the amount of money they can extract from your wallet seems to be priority #1. Fun? Enjoyment? Meh. Those are meaningle$$

4. Angelus

Angelus Active Member

GPU:
    KFA2 GeForce GTX 980 SOC
    I haven't had any problems personally but can see what the reviews are talking about. I used the framerate tweak and it has not shifted from 60fps.
    The game uses 12gb of ram (of my 16), no twitching or anything really. I'm actually a happy customer :)

5. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    Sorry but you´re wrong on this one. This happens because people continue to buy this kind of crap despite the number of times they have been burned in the past.
    As long as studios and publishers continue to see the money flowing from releasing and selling broken games, they will continue to do the same **** over and over again until people stop buying them...

6. KenpoJuJitsu3

KenpoJuJitsu3 Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    Rough launch might be putting it mildly. On my setup the performance for the game is essentially unchanged regardless of settings or resolution chosen. 4K? Stuttering, freezes and hitches along with the FPS tanking while driving. 1080p? Same. GameWorks on? Same. Gameworks off? Same. SLI on? Same. SLI off? same. Lower the settings? Same. 30FPS lock on? Same. Raise the lock in the ini file? Same.

7. Micas99

Micas99 New Member

GPU:
    980Ti X 2
    They released the game because the cost of not releasing it was very high. They knew exactly the state of the PC version, and released anyway. They had to. They knew there would be blow-back, but even accounting for the anger, it still made sense (to them) to release.

That's the nature of the business. It'll get fixed, and it does suck, but when something makes economic sense, there's a fiduciary duty to do it.

I've been involved in a very similar situation with another game, and I know it can be frustrating for the business side. But, until it makes financial sense to do something, it won't get done. Even the negative publicity is good for Rocksteady. The only death in the video game world is when you're not talked about. Whether it's positive or negative is immaterial.

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The sad thing is people will not stop buying them.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    You sell people a turd, don't expect to not get it thrown back at you. For users who grabbed off steam at least they can now refund, but what about people who bought physical copies? Hell, even getting the game "free" when purchasing a new card, damn that has to be disappointing.. you just get a new card and get to open up this brand new game and you can't even play it smoothly.

Their forums are lit up right now..

"What the hell... No patches or anything? Seriously? Even the PS4 got a day 1 patch of 3.5 GB. It's been a day since release and people have literally been yelling and complaining about it since launch and this is what you guys give us... Some settings. Settings will not help because YOUR. GAME. IS. UNPLAYABLE."

"What about Ultra? I surpass the ultra specs, and I sure as hell am not playing at 30fps. This is a joke. You say don't edit the ini, but your cap the game at 30fps? This is not acceptable.This PC port needs some serious work in terms of optimization. For a PC game in 2015, not to run at 1080p 60fps on a GTX 980 is just pure incompetence, simple as that."

"I game on PC so I can have an experience that is greater than on a console. This is straight up pathetic. Last WB game I will ever purchase. Steam refund here I come.
    If you're INTENTIONALLY GIMPING YOUR GAME by locking it at 30FPS, you've failed as a developer and publisher. Plain and simple."

10. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    The anger is warranted for the most part. I'd be pretty upset too if I paid for this game in its current state. It's unplayable for me right now. I just hope it doesn't take months to be playable like it did with Arkham City.

11. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    This makes me glad that I am getting the PS4 version of the game rather than PC.

12. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    hopefully future reviews will include in the headline 'FRAMELOCKED Game X' so then I know I wont even be remotely interested in that game...too many are so far..and i rarely play them. If ever.

ps. and if you preordered, you get what you deserve, if you haven't learned by now...

13. FordLynx07

FordLynx07 Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 FE
    FPS not so Rocksteady...

14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So is anyone shocked by the launch? lmao

15. Vandrell

Vandrell Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Pretty much saw this coming from initial response by users on Steam days ago. Now its been taken off from sale until its fixed.

Tentative re-release date is set to Fall 2015.

16. RadioActiveLobster

RadioActiveLobster Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080Ti FTW3
    The "Fall 2015" date has nothing to do with the Windows version of the game.

I've seen all over GAF, Twitter and Reddit people mentioned Fall 2015. Can people seriously not read??

That's been there since the page went up, it's nothing new.

17. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Stop posting that stupid video.

Its not remotely funny, wasnt before and its not now.

How simple do you have to be to be amused by something like this. Utterly childish.

18. Goose

Goose Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980Ti Hybrid (+ GT745)
    This is the Abort Sequence: Disengage all Hopes; Do Not Pass Go: Do NOT Collect $200 :banana:

19. Vandrell

Vandrell Member

GPU:
    8GB
    Get back to your meds ****head!

20. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    Yeah...but he's right.