Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    wow ok hate to dig up such an old thread. problem is ive googled this issue and after searching for hours I have not found any real working solution to my issue. I have the GOTY version through steam. No matter how many times the game supposedly saved if I exit the game and come back my save game data is completely gone. Ive spent so many freaking hours on this game and 3xs now have had to start from the very beginning. wtf. frustrated is an understatement. apparently this has been an ongoing issue and no real definitive solution has actually been confirmed. ive even made sure and had games for windows live running while playing. please someone help, I really want to play this game, but I cant bring myself to start over again just to have it disappear

For the love I think I finally solved it

Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  2. Drunken Shooter

Drunken Shooter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte G1 980 GTX
    The saves are tied with xbox LIVE if you don't have an account then make one otherwise your wasting your time as it won't save.

3. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1070 Ti FE
    yea ive got one, the problem was the game installs an old version redistributable of gfwl, so even when u install the new version when it says update available it doesnt remove the old version and then they conflict and neither work. so the trick is uninstall the old one completely first then install the new one

4. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I have the same problem, I installed the lastest one and no luck. Googled for some solutions for max payne 3, but it only works for that game.

5. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Guys, I recently bought this game on Steam. Can it play well on my rig? (look at the specs). Or do I have to wait until the end of year, when I intend to make a full upgrade? Thank you and sorry for the thread necromancing.

6. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Should be OK. Just stick with DX 9 mode and medium-high settings.

7. xankazo

xankazo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Thanks. :thumbup:

8. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Question for those who might know.

With the recent removal of GfWL I got a copy of the GOTY Edition of Arkham City in my Steam account.
    So, decided to replay the game. Finished the story, and I'm working on finding all the Riddler trophies and finishing up the side quests...

But, there's the Harley DLC. If I start a game in the DLC does that save over the same slot for the main game, or does it have it's own save?
    Cause, it's happened in other games in the past, I don't want to jump into the DLC if I can't come back afterwards and finish up all the Riddler stuff and such?

9. Bleib

Bleib Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    It's not a problem. You can easily go back to the normal game, game plus and also riddler's revenge if you start the DLC. Game on.

10. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Spiffy. Thanks.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Dual OC
    Just started this game. Absolutely engrossing.. sheer class.. so much fun. Didnt think game devs could come up with this level of quality in a game. I hope it maintains it throughout. The first Batman was OK for me until it got to the ridiculous boss fight mid-game which made me abandon it before completion. So was kind of hesitant to get this game despite the stellar reviews its gotten. But glad I did and thoroughly enjoying it.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Best in the series IMO and that quality never lets up from start to end. Enjoy. :)

13. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Def worth finishing the first Arkham, imo skip Arkham City, pretty meh.

This Batman is indeed awesome.

14. JohnnyGui

JohnnyGui New Member

GPU:
    GTX 660Ti
    So sorry guys for breaking the Guinness World Record on necromancy but I'm really eager to ask a question regarding this game that doesn't really deserve its own whole thread.

Is there ANY way found to be able to tweak one of the .ini files entries so that I can disable HBAO when using DX11? I find that Tessellation isn't the main culprit of the whole DX11 lagging problem and since I'd like to use that, perhaps there's some way to disable DX11's other features to remove the lag? I read this is an Unreal engine based game which is a very tweakable engine, I could be dead wrong on this though.

Anyone?

15. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/gu...ty-graphics-breakdown-and-performance-guide#1

General Graphics Options

In addition to the configurable PhysX, DirectX 11, 3D Vision and anti-aliasing
    options, a number of other settings can be enabled and disabled. Here’s a quick rundown of what you gain and lose when adjusting the ‘Detail Level’ preset:

Code:

Quality Preset		V.High	High	Medium	Low
    Texture Quality		High	Medium	Medium	Low
    Dynamic Lights		Enabled	Enabled	Enabled	Enabled
    Dynamic Shadows		Enabled	Enabled	Enabled	Disable
    Motion Blur		Enabled	Enabled	Disable	Disable
    Distortion		Enabled	Enabled	Disable	Disable
    Lens Flares		Enabled	Enabled	Disable	Disable
    Light Shafts		Enabled	Enabled	Disable	Disable
    Reflections		Enabled	Enabled	Disable	Disable
    Ambient Occlusion	Enabled	Disable	Disable	Disable
    Max Shadow Resolution	512	512	512	256

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016

16. JohnnyGui

JohnnyGui New Member

GPU:
    GTX 660Ti
    Thanks but I don't think that's what I meant. This is choosing between different quality presets where you can not disable HBAO separately and still use Tessellation. General Graphic Options only gives you the possibility to enable Tessellation ONLY if you have enabled HBAO and MVSS along with it. That's why I was wondering if there's any .ini entry to disable HBAO when I'm using DX11.

I searched in the BMEngine config file and found a few entries with HBAO in it with numerical values. Putting them all on 0 didn't disable HBAO (at least I didn't notice any changes) and the lag was still there.
    Perhaps there's another file that must be tweaked as well?

17. JohnnyGui

JohnnyGui New Member

GPU:
    GTX 660Ti
    I guess no one has been able to figure out to disable HBAO while still maintaining Tessellation with DX11?