Batman Arkham City

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by illdrag0n, Aug 30, 2010.

1. gamerk2

gamerk2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 570 GTX 1.2 GB
    Anyone else get hit by the "disappearing save" bug?

GFWL needs to die.

2. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    GFWL is why it took me about an hour and a half to get the game going on Christmas day which prevented me from having a quick go. So I do agree that Microsoft should admit defeat and let it go as it's not going anywhere.

3. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    The PhysX effects is bugged during the Joker fight. No matter whether it's on normal or high, the game slows down to a crawl as the fight progresses.

The only thing that stops the performance loss is to disable PhysX completely.

This game is a masterpiece, but it is so buggy :(

4. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    There's a second patch due mainly for the 32bit users, hopefully things will be better but it'll be too late and most people would've moved on already :(

BTW by Joker fight you mean the one where gets all those goons and the Titan guy in the fight or there is another one? I don't remember facing problems there because I'm playing in DX 9, had slowdowns in the Penguin fight instead.

5. crap daddy

crap daddy Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    Yes, we had the same problem. Weird that I didn't find until now somebody who reports this. Maybe they were all playing in DX9? Anyway, with all maxed out the game looks stunning, I'm surprised that there's not enough praise for the visuals.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    That same one.. I didn't try it in DX9, since the framerate loss didn't happen until some glass was shattered somewhere. Thats why I figured it was a PhysX issue.

I'll test it out later in DX9 and see if the problem still persists.

*Edit*

You were right. It is associated with DX11, and not PhysX. Turning off DX11 allowed me to play with PhysX on high with no slow downs at all.

Man, they really need to optimize the DX11 path! :bang:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Just picked this game up in the steam sale today... been looking forward to playing it since release.

Carfax - running 580 SLI and still not smooth maxed DX11? What res are u running @?

8. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    You're going to love it. This game is a bonifide masterpiece, despite it's technical failures.

2560x1600. Switching from 4xMSAA to 8xCSAA helped out a lot though, and the quality between the two is comparable.

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    ahh, cool... im running at 1920x1200 at the moment, so I will have no problem maxing it out. Hoping to get a Dell U2711 soon though, for 2560x1440 - cant wait! :D

10. Sneakers

Sneakers Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Give FXAA high a go, superior anti aliasing and has the smallest performance hit aswell.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    Yeah, you can easily max it out, but you're still going to stutter every now and then in DX11 mode. The DX11 path way is just too unoptimized, and even the most powerful hardware can't run it effectively until they re-optimize it with another patch.

You might also notice texture flashing, especially when gliding over Arkham City as Batman. I think this issue is mainly with SLi machines.

Yeah, but FXAA introduces a screen wide blur effect as well.

12. crap daddy

crap daddy Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX960 SSC
    We played with 32CSAA and all everything maxed out, smooth gameplay above 35FPS but the game looked stunning.

13. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    Nope, FXAA is junk, who likes their image blurred?

14. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 @1.55ghz
    i agree that the shader based AA method has a small performance footprint, but the IQ for high FXAA is lower than 4xMSAA. i did IQ comparisons up to 8xCSAA (couldnt go higher with my vram + AO enabled)

...not to mention the slight blurring effect

15. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti
    I just got it. I finally got 100% completion in my profile, I exit and come back my save was missing! :cussing: At least it let me get the "Perfect Knight - Day 2" achievement before GFWL decided to rape me.

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    This happened to me 3 times already, 1 very early in the game. an hour through. next time 4 hours through.. and the next was like 6 hours when i was cat woman fighting the plant woman in her lair.

I have not touched the game since. It pisses me off very much.. so is there any fix or someway to recover the saves? Anyone? :cry:

17. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia Titan Xp
    I haven't had this problem, but as a temp work around you could try backing up your saves every so often. Even when playing, just exit to desktop and copy your save game folder and put it somewhere safe.

If GFWL ****s up and deletes your save progress, just copy and paste your back up back into the folder.

18. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I play with the offline profile because GFWL service is unpredictable where I live, to put it mildly. Never had the disappearing saves problem in any gfwl game, no achievements but I atleast can play the game.

19. Lorenzo2

Lorenzo2 New Member

GPU:
    555m, Regza 37"
    Batman is a cool game and the idea of this game is very much amazing and this game is really enjoyable specially the fight of the and the flying of the batman is amazing.It is quite good game.

Zombie Games

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  20. AlxFitz

AlxFitz Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970GTX
    I read some comments about the game being more suited to a gamepad than a mouse and keyboard and after trying out some challenges with an XBox 360 controller I'd have to agree.

Now I'm determined to adapt to it with the controller for the rest of the game, maybe this could be true for other 3rd person games, what do other people here think?