Banned from GW2 ..

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by shadex, Aug 30, 2012.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I have to say I'm very impressed with how they're going on about this. Kudos

2. NiukNiuk

NiukNiuk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI R6950 twin frozr II
    Karma Weapons Exploit perma bans converted to 72h bans

They weren't so nice with exploits in GW1

3. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Now I don't do the MMO thing but these guys look pretty awesome. Take no BS policies, I like!

4. Meta|Gear

Meta|Gear Pretty Hate Machine

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 Dual-X 3L
    I don't even have the game and I received an email stating my gw2 email was changed.

I signed up for updates before the game was released but if this is the type of security ArenaNet has for gw2 I'll be staying away.

5. mitzi76

mitzi76 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    actually whilst I think trolls could abuse this, and it's very good to know this is a policy as i tend to tell people where to go if i think they are doing the classic mmo anti-social behaviour, it is a good thing.

having a no swearing policy from the off with the threat of bans is a good deterrent. i'll have to go and count to ten in future. :)

p.s i have zero issue with someone sending me private tells and having a good swear but i can see others getting offended. i certainly wouldnt grass anyone up unless ofc it was completely uncalled for. people who swear in big groups unmerited do deserve punishment.

6. INSTG8R

INSTG8R Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ 5700XT
    Well I don't know if that's legit or not. Let's see I get "email" from Diablo III, Runescape, and a couple others I can't think of warning me about my "accounts" Needless to say I don't have accounts with ANY of them :3eyes:

7. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Moderator Staff Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    It has nothing to do with the security Anet has. Its a phishing scam, nothing more. Somewhere, some gaming/tech forum(s) we are registered to likely got hacked. And the people doing this are banking that we are using the same email and password that is used for GW2 for everything else. Unfortunately alot of people use the same password for everything. I received the email just like everyone else, but I deleted it after I read it because I knew it was fake.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    Haha, I know that type.