Bandai Namco confirms it’s been hacked

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Horus-Anhur, Jul 13, 2022.

1. Horus-Anhur

Horus-Anhur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Bandai Namco confirms it’s been hacked and says it’s investigating damage

Not confirmed yet, but this roadmap was supposedly in the leak.
    [​IMG]

2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3060 XC
    What's with Japan being excluded? Do they have a completely separate datacenter?

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    I would love me some code vein 2 , yes please!

4. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Probably.

5. skacikpl

skacikpl Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 8G
    Code vein 2, nice.

6. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    A One Punch Man game?

Well... wow. I enjoyed the show (well Season 1, mostly). Not sure what type of game it'll be, fighting game maybe? Not sure what they'll do with that. Or... since everything needs to be open world nowadays they'll probably have the player be able to create their own Hero, train at the Hero Association, rise up in Ranks and fight monsters during city invasions. Actually yeah, that will be that, pretty sure.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  7. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Like DB Xenoverse, just with another skin. I wondered too... what character development should you have, playing the one punch man, winning from the start?

8. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Nah definitely not playing as OPM himself, or at least not as the main character per se. If we do play as OPM it's probably going to be a 'last resort' sort of moment in a last boss battle situation, maybe.

What I think might happen - now that you mention Xenoverse (I did play the original one) - could be that just like Genos in the show, we become OPM's disciple / recruit, and he gives advice perhaps and maybe we get to train with and follow Genos around. Or, heck, maybe Genos is the one training us and we meet OPM every now and then while questing around. I do think that if it's an open world game it could indeed well play like Xenoverse to some extent (if not very similar to that, yes, could definitely happen).

However, I just wonder if the game will simply cover the events of Season 1? Or will it be extending the lore beyond what we saw in the show or even the Manga? It could be a mixture of both though. I think, from what I do remember, that Xenoverse did that pretty much (combining known characters and enemies, known events from the show, along with our own character and new events). It should be interesting though. There's a possibility also that whatever game it turns into that it won't be open world or even a fighting game. If not though... I don't see what else it could be really. It has to be either fighting game or a Xenoverse-like game.

9. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti @h2o
    Yeah sounds reasonable. As I did not watch OPM much / regularly, I can't say much about how the story will go, but I do believe you're right with expecting either a strict fighting game, or Xenoverse like