Bad SLI performance BF4

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mbm, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Mike2004

Mike2004 Member

GPU:
    nVidia/Asus 780 GTX SLI
    The lastest NVidia driver has been the best for my 2 780 GTX's. It has brought fluidity, stability and the "random frame drop for no apparent reason" that would occur about every 10 minutes has almost completely disappeared.

Playing at 1920X1080, everything on Ultra, Lightboost enabled and my frames capped at 100. I might even be able to try 120 Hz now (monitors default) as before it would vary too much and wouldn't be a decent solid 120, hence why I put it down to 100.

Hopefully the upcoming patch helps too.

2. cmgver

cmgver Active Member

GPU:
    gtx 690
    yep, sadly is not the same in 2560 x 1440 :/

3. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    OK so ive been messing around for a few days trying to find what is the cause of the bad fps i'm suffering in BF4 ( i haven't played it for quite some months ) i was just barely getting 60 to 80 fps with sli on .
    I have tried all sort of thing the remedy to problem , i've been using afterburner to monitor gpu stats .
    Then today i just started my game as normal but didn't use Afterburner instead i made a user cfg file to show my fps in game using the commands for bf4 , and BANG fps back to 120 to 150 sometimes more , so to confirm this i started Afterburner up and went back in game and took a big hit on my fps again back to 60 -75 fps , now this may just be my pc i dont now but what i do now is that afterburner is causing my pc to suffer low fps in bf4 .... hope this may help someone as it drove me mad . I think that a may post this in the afterburner section as well .

4. bishi

bishi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 SLI
    Exactly what he says... except the fall patch a couple of days ago has ruined perf again for me even with the legendary new drivers :'(

5. nakquada

nakquada Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 FE
    BF4 wont even launch for me with Afterburner enabled. Have to turn it off.

6. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    just found out off a member here ,, disable origin in game ,, has sorted the problem for me ,,, (you can get to that setting in application settings and disable )

7. megam4n

megam4n New Member

GPU:
    OCZ 6GB
    Guys
    Do you have crashes to BF4 when you load it if you force SLI_RENDERING_MODE_FORCE_SFR with the latest drivers through Inspector?

I cannot run any game with SFR enabled, it crashes before it loads...
    Thanks.