Bad Company 2, 20$, from EA itself!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Zeppo

Zeppo Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 560Ti / Sony 40-EX723
    lol that's quality mate

2. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    i found this thread and then i bought it so thanks for the heads up. but i wasnt able to register the cd key to the current account i already have when i play the game, i thought id be able to use the same login info but just use my other pc to use that cd key instead, since it didn't work i had to create another account to register it with that key to be able to play online with both computers at the same time. another thing, for some reason me and my wife were playing together last night fine on one of my favorite servers but it was just the two of us. every time we tried joining another server with more people either one of us wouldn't be able to connect (ie time out) or we would try join after and then the one currently connected would lose connection and neither of us could get in. wtf is up with that? im going to post that in the other bfbc2 #3 thread

3. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    ^ maikai, your wife must rock if she enjoys playing Bad Company 2! I vowed never to get married, but I might consider it if I could find a cool chick like that!

4. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Maikai, you guys are in the same house, so I assume the same Modem / Router, right?

I can't remember what I did, but years ago me and my cousin had the same problem, we could not join the same server, it has something to do with certain ports and addresses, I believe you have to assign yourself another address on your Router to make sure you both have different ones.

5. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    ok i will fiddle around with it a bit and see what i find out. i actually have the modem plugged into the routher then i have a cable from the router into her pc and one to mine and then my daughters pc hooks up wireless. i had to do something weird when i set it up cause at the time i was also running wireless and i wasnt able to connect. maybe i can undo w/e i did or something. will post back later with my results or more questions

6. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    its a good price but buyer beware! last weeks patch major borked the game for MANY people and there is a 112+ page thread in PC section about it freezing systems, BSOD and general CTD issues. I'm hoping it gets fixed shortly as I'm one of the affected and frankly when the game works right its fun as hell.

7. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Meh i bought a cd key for £15 already so its all good

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    UltraSurf proxy its US, so if you want to risk money buying it from US... idk which problems it can give :$.

9. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 7800XT
    I entered my retail cdkey on ea store page, and game has been added to my account (i have normal dvd edition).

Basically i can download the game now anytime i want ? or just limited time like someone said.

I'm not sure i get it, since i didnt saw any information indication that i will have to pay again or something to redownload.

10. maikai

maikai Maha Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070
    yea it will let you redownload it using the ea download manager

11. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    i am downloading the game right now from EA download manager on my laptop, can i copy the downloaded content to my PC and run it from there? problem is i have regular blackouts in my country so downloading on the PC is hard =/ i do this with my steam games , i.e download them from laptop, then copy them to steam/steamapps folder so i wanna know if i should continue downloading on my laptop or not.

P.S is it true i will have to pay after a year for EA DM =S if i wanna re download the game .., some people are saying it doesn't some are saying it does

Last edited: Mar 30, 2010
  12. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    can't look up some address out of the blue in the U.S and put it down like it's yours?

13. kangpc

kangpc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Damnit, the $10 off deal ended on the 28th, so with the promo code its down to only $28. Still cheap, just not the same as $20. I think i'll still have to buy it anyways though.. it looks good.