Bad BIOS flash, I think, bought on ebay...

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by TheJakeyl88, Aug 8, 2012.

1. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    Hi everyone,

I have been saving for a 5870 for some time now, to upgrade from my 5850 ( I know, it isn't the best upgrade, but I honestly just needed something that would be cheap and just give me a few extra FPS over what I had.)

Well, I knew I was taking a risk on eBay of getting a card that had been used in bitcoin or something, but I really only thought I'd need it for 6 months or so until I could save up again.

Long story a little bit longer, I got the card in and it sat here for a while as I have been working 6 days a week and have been spending the Sunday I have off summer with the family and such.

I just put the card in and everything powers on but no display. I also tried it in crossfire with the 5850 to see if it would recognize with ATIFLASH and it is just showing the one 5850 card, so I believe the person tried flashing it.

It is a REFERENCE 5870, one of the original Sapphire models, I was so excited to get it! Now, not so excited. What are my chances here, and is there anything that can be done or did I just screw myself with another set of unfortunate circumstances? I knew I should have tried this card earlier, I just didn't have any time.... Blah!

Any help is truly appreciated, I'm feeling pretty low about it right now. Luckily I never sold my 5850 so I can still play and game. I just started my hard earned vacation from work, I just wish I had a new 5870 to play with, so if anyone can help in anyway, advice, anything, it will be appreciated!

Thanks for the help everyone! :)

Last edited: Aug 8, 2012
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Might not be anything to do with a bios flash the card could just be faulty.

Try contacting eBay.....

3. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    tried all the display outputs right?

doesnt the card have little LEDs on the PCB?