Bad 9xx card issues, NVidia not responded in ages, need help please! (VERY long, sry)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by IcarusLSC, Jun 4, 2015.

1. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I have tried single, dual and all four, and also tried the two sticks from my old system (1600, 16GB total for the old ones.) I ran Memtest for hours (overnight) a few times on both systems, both with dual and all sticks installed.

MSI also recently suggested bumping the memory voltage slightly, but it didn't seem to help any. Not tried any other MB voltages that I recall, only gpu ones with the Zotacs, MSI and Asus cards I think it was...

2. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 Suprim
    Are you using on-board sound or a sound card? I had my old soundcard die last year and used on board for a week while I waited for a new sound card.

I noticed a lot more stuttering in games comapred to my SBZ card as well as lower sound quality.

3. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I'm using onboard on the new one, and a SB X-fi Gamer on my old. I did try in the past without sound drivers installed on the new one/disabled, but it still stuttering bad (you just couldn't hear it when it did!) There is a new audio driver I see from what I have, so will try it anyways.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  4. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I'm still lost as to what's causing this. Been running just one card all week as I found out for some reason Adobe Flash (on youtube etc) is running out of video memory on a regular basis. I'm gonna take up knitting soon as this is just a pita now, I have zero enjoyment using these computers gaming etc now...

5. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I've been running only one card for the past while as I lent one to a friend to water cool in his system. I still haven't heard from NVidia at all!!! I'm still getting stuttering, not as bad with one card, but its there and annoying.

6. Screwdriver

Screwdriver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Tri-X
    When I built this i7-4790k system a month or so ago, I had a 970, but did a deal and got a 980ti. Both cards stuttered in GTAV and Witcher 3. What solved it for me was cleaning the Nvidia drivers out and reinstalling only the drivers and PhysX. Now everything runs smooth.

7. IIHeadBlasterII

IIHeadBlasterII New Member

GPU:
    AsusGtX 970 strixOC
    SAme Issue ther ass nvidia i have asus gtx 970 with elpida Vram but realy bad performance my gpu make coilles crazy noise i try every thing cpu change amd to intel i try every every thing nothing help this is my firstand last nvidia card i go for AMD

8. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I am running that way now and in the past, but still get it. NVidia drivers have gone downhill severely this past year.

9. nightwalker342

nightwalker342 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 XC
    To the OP,
    you said everything was fine until one of your 480's in SLI died right? Have you considered maybe when it died it caused a small surge and could have damaged the PSU or maybe even the motherboard? I've had this happen to me in the past, so that's why I mention it. It doesn't sound like a driver issue like your thinking, and I only say that because you've tried multiple cards, multiple versions, and a clean install. If it was driver related there would be alot more people having the same issues. Do you have someone who has a good computer you could borrow to try your cards in? A spare PSU that you could swap in to test? Is your motherboard still under warranty? When a component dies, it can do some ccrazy things, and causing a voltage spike is one of them.

10. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    It does it in two computers. I built a whole new system just for these video cards. I even replaced and had the one MSI MB in the new system tested by MSI to see if it was that that was causing it (as we though that initially too.) I've tried 3 PSU's over the two computers. There are tons of people having stuttering issues if you read the NVidia forums and others...

11. Chenumi

Chenumi Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070 FE
    Are you using an SSD or mechanical drive? I had issues with mine stuttering with mechanical until I changed to SSD and put my others into raid.

12. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I have 4 Intel 530 SSD's in Raid 0.
    On my old system I have 3 Crucial C300's in Raid 0.

13. Chenumi

Chenumi Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 1070 FE
    Have you disabled the integrated graphics for the intel in the bios? I know it used to be an issue a long time ago, not sure if it still is :)

14. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Yes. Tired three motherboard. Two computers etc. NVidia drivers have gone to crap. I am getting rid of these cards and buying AMD. I've not heard a thing from them since last year and won't pay for this kind of service or support. NVidia has lost a customer for life for me, my family, friends and customers...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  15. Singleton99

Singleton99 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Aorus-Extreme-1080TI
    Its sad to hear ,, i dont know whats wrong with your PC , but there are many users of this kind of setups that do not have the problems you are experiencing , i hope that u do find a fix , and if you do please share it with us,,,i wish you good luck with your move to AMD .... :)

16. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    We have figured out the problem, its drivers (as NVidia has already blamed, and newer ones are better for some worse for others,) and a combo of the 970 memory architecture in some games. So long NVidia, you don't help, you don't get customers...