Bad 9xx card issues, NVidia not responded in ages, need help please! (VERY long, sry)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by IcarusLSC, Jun 4, 2015.

1. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    That is one thing I've not done is get video as I don't know what to use, and the microstutter probably wont show. Some of the spikes etc im sure would, but really have never tried anything like that. Suggestions would be good please?

2. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I see,

what OS, win7, win8.1, both?

anything special plugged in usb or just mouse and keyboard?

Try that small vccsa voltage bump e.g. 0.020v or 0.040v+ offset (total 860 or 880mv),
    32gb and sli will put more stress on cpu memory/pcie controller and sometimes it needs extra.
    btw 1.1v is overkill, 950mv is enough for ram oc up to 3ghz.

Is electricity source ok?
    house internal fuses and its electricity stability, maybe its occasional dirty current?

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    You did not mention what the vram is clocked at. Also too did you install the gpu driver with physx only. Unticking the rest?

4. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    I only have Win7 64bit on both systems. I don't own Win8.1

I have tried with bare basic nothing plugged in but mouse and keyboard and it still does it. Tried a few different keyboards, and a couple mice.

Ok, ill take a look at that vccsa and try it later tonight.

I have tried it in a couple plugs, and with and without a UPS.

Vram is 3506MHz in SLI (so 7012), can't remember what with singles.
    I've tried different types of installs with the drivers, from drivers only to all with exp PhysX etc. Made no difference. I usually don't run experience though,

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015

5. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Are you using more than 1 on screen display?

6. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Hey, msi boards are a little finicky with some settings so if you could try these bios settings it would be great.

-Upgrade bios (6/2) and reinstall/repair the intel MEI driver (do this on every bios update). They list only change as new cpu support but I notice a few other little changes as well
    -Set all lanes to pcie 3.0 and speeds to 16/0/0 or 8/8/0 single/sli
    -set vdroop to 80-100%
    -cpu-sa voltage to 1.1v
    can test and lower each one once you know its stable. 1.0v+ is not overkill on a heavily loaded system
    -if running dual monitors its much better to keep main on gpu and secondary on igpu (intel)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  7. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Nope, originally when I built this new one I wanted to use both the HPZR30 and the Samsung 275T, but since about the third card or so I gave up due to all the testing and the Samsung is at a buddies now...

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Since you got MSIA installed, try to uninstall the Riva Tuner Statistic Server and disable it's onscreen display (that is not a monitor but the overlay that shows statistics like fps, temperature and so on), see if that helps.

You can also try TimerResolution http://www.lucashale.com/timer-resolution/ did help some people that had GTX970 stuttering.
    Someone here also made a free app that can start with the system as service, does the same thing.

Should be no need to fiddle with VCCSA, all the cards you have tried should run out of the box without stuttering issues.

The issue with LOTRO really baffles me.

9. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    -I see they released a new BIOS, as I have 1.9, but will upgrade it later tonight.
    -I've manulally setting the lanes on this new system, and it made no difference.
    -I'll try that and the cpu-sa voltage tonight as well.
    - " though I still don't understand what it is and the risks. Don't know if I'll go that high till I do.
    -I'm not running dual monitors now, originally when I built this new one I wanted to use both the HPZR30 and the Samsung 275T, but since about the third card or so I gave up due to all the testing and the Samsung is at a buddies now:)

10. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I meant like msi afterburner and another monitoring program at the same time.

11. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    EDIT: MSIA? ah thank you didn't know it was Afterbuner :)

I will try this to tonight with the Riva tuner. I know we didn't run it in some of the bare basic setups we tried, but I don't remember the outcome so will try again.

I agree with the not being needed to fiddle with these things like vccsa, but at this point I don't know what else to try...

12. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    MSIA = MSI Afterburner

13. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:
    Oh, sorry. Recently I am only running one (Afterburner mostly now), but in the past I have had both going and sometimes none.

14. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
  15. IcarusLSC

IcarusLSC Active Member

GPU:

16. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    Can you try the cards in another pc?

17. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    VCCSA basically feeds the mem and pcie controllers and 1.1v is far from anything that would cause damage. You will also be testing and lowering it until it acts up. I have to run a combination of 75% vdroop/1.0v vccsa or my ram craps out at 1866 and my system runs like stuttering mess

18. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Shouldn't it adjust itself correct automatically?
    Got it either on auto or ASUS optimized on my board, but then again, that is Z87.

19. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    I have run 4 sets of sli cards on this system and never had to mess with vccsa at all.

20. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Me neither, but it could be chipset or MSI related