Backgraound monitoring issue

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by crowler.ar, Sep 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    Hi Unwinder !

I want to report something I noticed yestarday whit background monitoring feature.

The fact is that when enabled, games seem to run with some kind of "jerkyness" or intermittent, faltering, not smooth.

Is there any workarround for this ?

I have only to plugins active. One for the GPU and one for the C2D temps.

Thanks for your help.

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Do you expect that running some process in the background will not eat any resources? If so, then I'm sorry but it is just impossible and simply stupid.

So that's not an issue and the only workaround I can give you is a tip to use search. I've explained multiple times that CPU performance hit caused by background monitoring depends on MANY factors. And explained how to estimate and lower it.

3. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    First, thanks for kindly naming me or my concern "stupid".

Regarding strictly to the point that I perfectly understand what you mean about resources, I can only say that surpriced me the fact that in all the long time by now using Riva tuner, even with much lower specs than I have now, resource consuption never was an issue.
    This is why I thougt that my be now with all this vista hipe or something, there could be something new to this fact.

Any way, I will take your tip and see if I can find how to lower the performance hit.

Thanks a lot.

4. Unwinder

Do I also have to thank you for submitting "problem" report and asking for workaround/fix for your own misunderstanding? Just don't take it personal. As we say in Russia: don't be afraid to get stupid answer is you ask stupid question.

5. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    crowier.ar in 2.03 there are several anti PB (and like) features which increased CPU usage while background monitoring is running ...

if You want to use RT for monitoring games w/o PB i suggest You read 2.03 changelog as there is explained how disable that

if You got multicore system and running game not optimized for multicore system then move game process on unused core

6. Stranded Witch

Stranded Witch Member

I would have thought there was some way to take advantage of the dual-core technology such as C2D and use one core to perform background calculations, whilst allowing the other one run different tasks.

7. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    I´m glad you realised that your answer was stupid ...

8. crowler.ar

crowler.ar Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640MB Xtreme
    Now That´s an answer :)

Anyway thanks, I´ve already figured that out after some serious reflection about my stupidity :p

9. Unwinder

The answer was just like the question. And if you don't get it then next time you simple won't have any answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.