1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Back of 1080 TI pcb getting really hot.

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Maynardcrow, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Maynardcrow

Maynardcrow Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I have a gigabyte 1080 ti turbo with the g12 mod with a corsair h55 aio. With my infrared thermometer the vrm temps max around 60c to 65c. but the back of the pcb where the solder points for the vrm and chokes are getting to 80c to 92c. I dont know how accurate those thermometers are and if i should be worried. I have the card at 2000mhz at 1.025v undervolt. Its not a very good undervolter. I really dont want to glue heatsinks on it and ruin resale.

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti @h2o
    With no heatsinks you want to attach, you can only improve case airflow itself.

3. Maynardcrow

Maynardcrow Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    i have 3 140mm fractal fans and one 120mm on the bottom as intake in a define s. I have all the air flow a case can get. I guess ill have to try and make a custom cooling plate. I cant find a example any where of anyone doing one though. Ill just have wing it.

fantaskarsef likes this.
  4. ColonelKlinck

ColonelKlinck New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    If the backplate is metal why not just get some thermal pads and use the backplate as a heatsink?

5. Geryboy

Geryboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080ti AMP Zotac
    the card doesn't have a backplate, also he mentions solder points, he wouldn't be able to see them or measure them with a backplate in place.