Azunetech x-fi and x-fi front panel

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by deceived, May 14, 2009.

1. deceived

deceived Guest

GPU:
    XFX radeon hd 7870 @ 1100
    My x-fi is getting on a bit and some of the channels hiss quite badly, so I am thinking of getting the azunetech x-fi prelude 7.1 as a replacement. But I am quite attached to the front panel that came with my X-fi paltinum because I use it to connect headphones and musical inputs. Can can I still use this? The prelude looks like it has the same digital I/o kind of flat cable connect that my x-fi has.

edit just an afterthought would replacing the opamps stop hissing on the channels?

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Changing the opamps would not affect the hissing because chances are that is not what is causing the hiss.

The Pin out header on teh Prelude is different from the Creative X-fi's so you cannot snap a drive bay from a CL X-fi onto a Prelude. So the story goes anyway.

The X-fi Forte 7.1 on the other hand WILL accept the newer style drive bays from CL but they are very different from the older style models.

Hope this helps.

Btw, have you tried to figure out what was causing the hiss?