AW2721D Monitor Discussion

Discussion in 'Computer Monitor Forum' started by scrapser, Dec 12, 2020.

1. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    I just received this monitor yesterday. It's the first monitor I have purchased since 2006. I did as much research as I could find on the net. I was thinking of the 38" model originally but for my purposes the 27" is perfect. The monitor is amazing in terms of image quality and color. It's also very bright but not blindingly so. I'm still digesting all the tech details but very happy with the purchase. I cannot find anything wrong with it.

So I hope this will be a place for other owners to add their experiences here. There are some reviews online including videos on YouTube. The best price is from Amazon.

2. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    Minor update on my monitor. I just installed the monitor on a computer arm (Ergotron LX). The main reason is to clear the desktop of the stand so I can use my CH Products (Pro) HOTAS. The stand is not really an issue aside from the HOTAS conflict. It is large and shaped like a "V". I suspect most people would not have a problem with it. My computer desk has a 12 inch deep hutch at the rear, leaving 18 inches in front where the monitor sits. There's a shelf behind the monitor where I park the throttle and joystick when not in use. My past monitors had a stand design that never quite took up enough space to cause an issue. I must say a computer arm is actually an enhancement and gives me further options in terms of where it can be positioned for an optimal view.

Still happy with the monitor and no issues whatsoever.