1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AVP 2010(AVP3) One of the finest games in years(based on demo impressions)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Worst optimised game of the year even when it runs at a constant 50-60fps under maxed out settings and with Direct x 11 enhancements? Oh aye that's some poor ass optimisation right there. :3eyes:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  2. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 6950@6970 2GB
    On my spec can't play on V.High, even on High, becouse game loads data from hdd. It's so annoying, so for me it's worst optimized, Demo runs fine, but this ... sux.
    Recommended Requirements
    Windows 7/ XP/Vista
    Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 or equivalent processor
    2 GB System RAM
    DirectX 9.0c compliant video card with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA 8800 series, ATI HD2900 PRO or better)

2GB ... bull****.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  3. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    Game has no issue in my pc. Running like a charm. Everything is fine. And nvidia users, set ur prerender to 1. No mouse issues. Completely no problems. Supports gamepad. And i can run dx11 with 285. Fraps says its dx11. Indeed features not working. Great game we multiplayer and it was fun.

4. itsb1again

itsb1again Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 285 @ 702
    Yeah this game runs 100% fine on my machine ^^ No problems, graphics are console graphics but it's still cool to play. I could care less how "optimized" it is. it's still bad ass jumping from tree to tree targeting bad guys.

5. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Well your system is similar to mine and its smooth as butter on mine with everyhting max.

6. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    So it means game requires 4GB of Ram to run fine.

7. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    your graphic card is kinda old. people with 260 and 280 or radeon 5000 and 4000 have no problem

8. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    try running it under dx9 in steam's game list and i'll post a screen shot showing what to click because if you just click the desktop short cuts it make em where you will be running dx10 instead of dx11 and the game runs smoother on dx9.I noticed that when I click on the desktop short cut it load the game in dx10 but its not much nicer then dx9 imo.Btw how can you save the priority for the game cause it sucks min to desk top then going into the control panel just to set avp's priority to high.
    [​IMG]

9. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    So ? ppl on GTS250 have no problems too and this is the same card. GPU doesn't matter, game need 4GB Ram for High and V.High. I must play on medium, lol. First game, where I must lower settings.

10. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    i think it is also about video ram, it needs 1 gb

11. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    @stefik
    man do you need try compare rigs cause you card is not the same as the 260 or later dude don't get it mixed because you surely wont be running at the same pace as a 260 user.

12. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    Plays just fine here on 2GB. Stop looking for excuses to say Rebellion SUX and start realising your machine may not be up to the job perhaps?

13. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    Game have low optimalization and nothing change it, maybe some patch. I will not upgrade sys spec for some low-mid game, better, I will sell it.

14. stefik

stefik Member Guru

GPU:
    And you do some exercies with reading comprehension, becouse I doesn't say that.

15. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    you arnt the 1st to say I need help on my reading but not every one can easy read when they have learning difficulties cause by the pharmaceutical companies and it did sound like you were trying to compare your with a 260..but have you even tried the process priority fix(I haven't really had a chance to test it)or try running it in dx9?

16. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    dont run game directly..i mean LAUNCH GAME option....it runs in DX11 mode in my pc..use DX9 mode.. even if i use DX9 mode and quit..and then click on LAUNCH GAME..it starts in DX11..so at your notice people..

survival is wicked..ping ping ping.. i like this game..wish it focused on marines more and more.

17. Anubis

Anubis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 4GB
    Runs really smooth here, although I find it kinda boring and hard..
    But anyways.. can't judge the game by 30 mins of gameplay

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega Pulse
    Recommended system specifications are usually somewhat lenient and normally if you are around that mark you'll see some performance issues at higher settings.

Generally (As I see it.) the "min" requirements would allow the game to run although it might have to be with everything turned down, meeting the recommended would allow it to run fluidly but stuff like shader options, resolution and similar might have to be taken down a bit and for those who exceed the requirements the game should handle fine with everything enabled and at a decent resolution although very high resolutions along with AA could still be problematic.

In this case the 8800 while a good card it is getting a bit old so a "very high" texture resolution might exceed the 512 (Or was it 768?) MB of RAM it has available, especially if using it alongside AF and larger resolutions.

Game is also quite shader heavy though NVIDIA generally handles pretty well but it can't be compared to the GT200 series of performance.
    (260 and up, 250 is apparently basically a improved 9800GT and the 310 is a budget DX10.1 card if I remember correctly so don't be fooled by the higher number.)

(SSAO and high shadow resolution in particular will hit this area very hard.)

CPU is more than enough to handle the game (dual core and clocked high so it should manage anything this game wants it to process.) and RAM is fine if a bit low (Depends on OS used of course, Vista and W7 has a different memory managment so they'll use more but for a better and faster OS as it's sort of cached and also released when it's needed.)

19. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    when I launch the dx11 like you said it shows dx10 on my g15's lcd and I got poor performance when I clicked on the desktop short cut but haven't had the change to see if there is a difference when launching it in dx11 mode from steam which gives me dx10,I know that when I launch it in dx9 its runs flawlessly.

20. Copey

Copey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    960 2GB
    I forced AA through AA with the stalker compat, but the FPS take a nose dive, it like halfs it, PC games really should have AA in the options in these days and times.